UNCC Week

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNCC Week

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:46 pm

I want us to put so much pressure of their quaterback the unit of pressure is renamed from Pascal to the Appalachians. 1 Appalachian will be equal to 1 Mountianerer per meter squared since we will be renaming the unit of force as well.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:50 pm

I us to treat them like a...female dog...so hard that they turn that phrase into... “he really made you his 49er, last night.”
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:55 pm

I need a shady loan apparently.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:35 am
It’s been a long time coming. A reckoning. The day UNC Charlotte voted to add football their fans took to the internet and without any instigation on our part pronounced Appalachian football DEAD, simply by virtue of UNCC having a team. They were going to take our recruits. Who would want to play in Boone when you could play in Charlotte? Western NC finally had a REAL team in a REAL city. Who needs an App State?

Fast forward to today. Appalachian takes yet another top tier P5 powerhouse to the wire. UNCC struggles woefully to beat a Patriot League school that finished 4-7 last season. You might call their prognosis incorrect. They were wrong obviously, but their narrative has only slightly shifted. Indeed, they still think they’re “one coaching hire away” from from all those same claims. If they had a decent coach, they’d be better. And if they’re better, Appalachian State is toast.

UNCC has graduated multiple classes of players. This is no longer a “start up.” This is a run of the mill garbage program. They’re not garbage because of Judy Rose. They’re not garbage because of Brad Lambert or Philip Debois. They’re garbage because UNCC does not, never has, and never will offer a decent college experience. University City is devoid of all culture and college atmosphere. It’s a series of chain restaurants vying for the business of students before they drive home for the weekend. Its status as a college cultural wasteland is apparent to ANYONE, whether they merely drive through the area once in their life, attend UNCC for four years or stop by for a football recruiting visit. It doesn’t inspire any sort of emotional investment from its students, alumni, and players and no football coach of AD is going to be able to change that.

As an App fan, I hope we do what I expect us to do to them. As a human being, I pray to the eternal deity, whatever its form, to grant them mercy next Saturday. God help them.
You failed to mention that they were instrumental in keeping ASU, out of Conference USA.....
This game is huge, time to beat down another Conference USA team....
This game might restore some mental stability in there die hard football fans....

Las Vegas Line Movements

Las Vegas Movements · Offshore Movements
Appalachian State Mountaineers @ North Carolina-Charlotte 49ers

Game Date: Saturday, September 08, 2018
Game Time: 6:00 PM

VI CONSENSUS LINE MOVEMENTS
Money Line Spread Total 1st Half 2nd Half
Date Time Fav Dog Fav Dog Over Under Fav Dog Fav Dog
09/02 3:35pm APP-13 -105 UNCC+13 -115

This crazy stupid, people betting are basically saying UNCC will cover this.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:42 pm

I get the impression there are a handfull of Internet fans on both sides that are far more invested in this game than the bulk of the fan base. I expect us to win soundly, based solely on the fact that Charlotte just isn’t very good. And we appear to be better than I expected. Though I expect Charlotte to give us their best shot. It may be a tighter game than some expect, and I’ve got a feeling if it’s a close win for us, some fans will come away disappointed.

I’m looking forward to this game to see how we can move the ball against a G5 opponent and see how capable our Dline is. I’m also curious to see how our guys react to this game emotionally.

It’s easy to get pumped up to go into Happy Valley and square off against a titan like Penn State. Can this young team carry that same emotion into UNCC?
YNWA

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:56 pm

I see it as if we had won there may be a bigger let down than this close loss. Hope the team wants a victory badly and shows it.

Worry on betting lines is we get up big early and we play 3rd string too early and they catch up towards the end.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

This is good. From their board.

“Serious question about App game:

clt asks if they have any players that we would want as 49ers?

Once they set foot on our campus with the beautiful surroundings, charm of ucity and great independently owned intl restaurants, light rail connection to uptown and south end, better academics, larger endowment, better conference affiliation, better job market, connection with a national football league team, better weather, we will have a lot of appy players looking to transfer.

clt bets we could use a few on our team to add depth.“

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

biggie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:56 pm
I see it as if we had won there may be a bigger let down than this close loss. Hope the team wants a victory badly and shows it.

Worry on betting lines is we get up big early and we play 3rd string too early and they catch up towards the end.
I’m really excited to get another look at ZT. The passes he was making in the game yesterday were quite frankly NFL quality accuracy. I’m not sure how good this kid actually is. A little of me is worried he played the best game of his life yesterday.

So I’m super pumped to see him against UNCC’s secondary. If he torches them, then we have A LOT to be excited about.
YNWA

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pm

biggie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Once they set foot on our campus with the beautiful surroundings, charm of ucity and great independently owned intl restaurants, light rail connection to uptown and south end, better academics, larger endowment, better conference affiliation, better job market, connection with a national football league team, better weather, we will have a lot of appy players looking to transfer.

I wouldn’t take anything clt says seriously. He posts stuff like that just to rile people up. Some of the stuff he posts is actually quite funny.
YNWA

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:07 pm

Oh that’s definately funny.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:26 pm

biggie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

It bears repeating, CLT is a clown. His 3rd person schtick is the only original thing on NN. He tried taking credit for Grady Davis, claiming he is actually a covert 49er fan. I guess the embarrassment that their fan base struggled to rid themselves of over 2 decades of poor leadership while it only took a couple of App fans a few months to do the job for them was to much for him to accept.

Back to his point though, both programs have already seen transfers take place. UNCC took a 3 star CB (Covington), who couldn’t crack App’s starting line-up, only to start at UNCC. Meanwhile App added Jaquil Capel who made some plays for the Mountaineers before transferring to A&T.

BTW, everyone say hello to CLT, I’m sure he’s reading (waves)
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:44 pm

So is the delusion these people have born with them or is this act they have to continually manifest in a 24/7 format?

We need to do to them what we did to ODU in 2015, it is similar circumstances too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8M7H3m2Av4

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Better question- is there one UNCC coach that Cove Creek Elementary School would have on its 7th and 8th grade coaching staff?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:25 am

To borrow a meme from a fellow Mountaineer...

Apples & Oranges

UNCC 1-0 ..........................................APP STATE 0-1
Win over Fordham (Patriot) by 24..............Loss to Penn State (Big Ten) by 7 in OT
Attendance: 9,240.......!)........................Attendance: 105,232

Hey '49ers, p-l-e-a-s-e go easy on us. Show a little mercy, will ya? :mrgreen:

(Emphasis added for clarity of meaning!)
Last edited by asu66 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:59 am

Seriously, I imagine Charlotte was looking past Fordham to this coming game. They had a decent D last year and I imagine they'll give us everything they've got. I think our questions have been answered and we have will greatly outmatch them (no surprise) as long as we show up focused and execute. I hope we do exactly that and that we're able to sit Thomas for the second half and let our other two QBs play the second half.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:22 am

How many digits are there on the UNCC scoreboard??? Let the boat race begin!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:34 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:59 am
Seriously, I imagine Charlotte was looking past Fordham to this coming game. They had a decent D last year and I imagine they'll give us everything they've got. I think our questions have been answered and we have will greatly outmatch them (no surprise) as long as we show up focused and execute. I hope we do exactly that and that we're able to sit Thomas for the second half and let our other two QBs play the second half.
Yes I’m sure the slow 1st half the 49ers had against Fordham was due to Lambert spending all offseason prepping for the 2nd game of the season while Satt’s focus was on Happy Valley. We will see the kitchen sink this weekend!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:54 am

AppinATL wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:41 pm
manonabuffalo wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:10 pm
This has been a long time coming, UNCC and the fans that still remain supporting them have and always will get under my skin as a App fan and graduate. Why does this hate exist beyond what I feel when we lace them up against Ga Southern? Its about respect plain and simple, Ga Southern talks crap but they have history and tradition to back a lot of it up. We have mutual respect because they often see that same history and tradition in us and it cemented our bond when we moved up to the SBC together.

With UNCC we have none of that, they are the brats pissing into the wind wondering why it keeps hitting their shorts, face, and shoes while making fun of our schools tradition, history, culture and downgrading our accomplishments at every turn. This is different, I hate them openly and they are the worst type of people because respect is earned and they haven't earned anything. They arrived to the party late, made outrageous claims and boasts before hitting the dance floor, told us the punch bowl was no longer ours, took the best seat in room or so they thought (Conference USA), farted in their seat then have the audacity to tell us it's still better than the one we earned.

We don't respect UNCC one shred, I hope the scoreboard runs out of space for what we put on you Saturday, I hope you see the Mountaineer fans filling your parking lots, stadium, campus and dwell on what you must accomplish to be respected. I hope you realize you have what you have because your school sits next to a city with people who fail to know you exist unless little Johnny wants to live in the basement while going to college conveniently. I know regardless of how bad we run the score up you won't, but that is okay, just don't tell me your farts don't smell when all the App fans with half a brain already know better.

-Grady Davis '17 - forever
Buffalo, you use your tongue prettier than a $10 whore!
Is that a compliment? :D

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:53 am

Yes. And its a sad day when Blazing Saddles references go unrecognized in the Cabin.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”