McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Old man "get on my lawn rant"-South Alabama

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:47 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:16 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 pm
This was my first home game of the year so I did my duty and complain about the lack of ice and souvenir cups. I was not even thirsty but I did complain. Thankfully with the clouds the temperature was very pleasant, and the rain held off until we made it to the Lutheran Church and I was out of Boone actually but it sounded like it was rather heavy when the rain came.

The monarch butterflies were nice. I have no idea where they came from but there were a few and once or twice I am pretty sure they were in the way of the camera that was used on the video board for a few fleeting moments.

I was down in the student section and ended up sitting/standing beside some of the officers of the Student Yosef Club. Without giving out identifying information such as office held and such I will just note they left after half-time. Maybe they moved to another location. But officers of SYC really should stay for the ENTIRE game unless there are specific individual circumstances but they left as a group so I don't think that was the case. This is my real "get off my lawn" rant part of the post.
Get off my lawn?
I just noticed my typo, I guess this is an anti-rant.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:29 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm
Hey, while we're bitching about things. What's up with people trying to do the APP STATE cheer during the National Anthem?

We're not the Chicago Blackhawks folks. You can cool it for a minute and a half and be respectful.
I think that's taking place in the West side concourse. I'm not sure they realize the national anthem is being played.

App74

Unread post by App74 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:22 pm
It is highly likely that the SYC officers relocated to a different area of the stadium. I know for a fact that several of them have purchased their own season tickets which would be in areas other than the student section. They do this, purchasing full season tickets at full price, to support our student-athletes. Having worked very closely with all of those SYC officers, I can attest to the fact that they support App State athletics far beyond what any of us could imagine. I see them regularly at field hockey, volleyball, baseball, wrestling, softball, and basketball. At the end of yesterday's game I also saw several of them walking to the stadium Lot from the west gate.

Additionally, they spend many hours during the summer working at orientation to help get new students into the student Yosef Club. If you'd like to PM me with their names and ranks, I will be happy to determine where they sat after they left your company.
The SYC officers and the associated members they have recruited are great ambassadors for App State as a whole, especially for athletics. They usually tailgate with us at away games including bowl games. Most stop by our tailgate on home game days if nothing else but to say hello. I take great pride in that.

This group is a huge encouragement to me going forward. Their commitment and energy is infectious. Keep in mind, they have family on site as well. Furthermore, they could just as easily party heavy but choose to represent App State. Wherever they were before, during or after the game Saturday, I can guarantee you they were involved in promoting Appalachian State.

I should be more like them.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:02 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:56 pm
There's a lot of drunkenness this season. Comes with the territory of being good.

I've rode this horse before, but I realt believe that App should extend drinking hours. Right now it's 3.5 hours, so students show up later and get blackout drunk. Make it 6+ hours and they might plan longer, bring food and pace themselves more.
These millennials just can not handle their big boy juice. Any seasoned drinker knows to load up on the junk food while you are still coherent and dabble in a few bottles of water every 2-3 drinks. If there is any wisdom I can pass along, that's it. Oh yeah, and stay away from the cheap liquor.
Kids in school now are NOT millennials, by the way. Most in school now are Gen Z, or whatever you'd like to call them.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:13 am

T-Dog wrote:
There's a lot of drunkenness this season. Comes with the territory of being good.

I've rode this horse before, but I realt believe that App should extend drinking hours. Right now it's 3.5 hours, so students show up later and get blackout drunk. Make it 6+ hours and they might plan longer, bring food and pace themselves more.
It doesn't even have to be 6 hours, just something more than three hours. When they see, we only have 3 or so hours to get a buzz, they push the limits. That stuff is dangerous. You don't have to open a drink as soon as you pull in the parking lot, but the lots do open at 9am.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am
appstatealum wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

These millennials just can not handle their big boy juice. Any seasoned drinker knows to load up on the junk food while you are still coherent and dabble in a few bottles of water every 2-3 drinks. If there is any wisdom I can pass along, that's it. Oh yeah, and stay away from the cheap liquor.
Kids in school now are NOT millennials, by the way. Most in school now are Gen Z, or whatever you'd like to call them.
Thank you.

Millennials were born between 1980-1999.

appstate1998

Unread post by appstate1998 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 am

Would be glad to answer any questions regarding this. In my third year as President of the Student Yosef Club, we've reached a record number of memberships on a year with no marquee home game (being that our main perk of membership is early entry). I attribute this to the hard work of my officers, members of my Executive Board and the helpfulness of Yosef Club staff, especially Mark Libs and Ken Johnson.

Feel free to PM or email me at crossce2@appstate.edu.

Thank you all for your support of the Yosef Club and Student Yosef Club. Go Apps!
GO APPSTATE!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:07 am

appstate1998 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 am
Would be glad to answer any questions regarding this. In my third year as President of the Student Yosef Club, we've reached a record number of memberships on a year with no marquee home game (being that our main perk of membership is early entry). I attribute this to the hard work of my officers, members of my Executive Board and the helpfulness of Yosef Club staff, especially Mark Libs and Ken Johnson.

Feel free to PM or email me at crossce2@appstate.edu.

Thank you all for your support of the Yosef Club and Student Yosef Club. Go Apps!
Thanks for all your hard work here! You folks may not see the immediate impact, but the future impact will be great!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 am

GregPercussion wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Good point.... I'll rephrase.... These Gen Zs can't handle their big boy juice....
The Appalachian State

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:49 am

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 am
GregPercussion wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Good point.... I'll rephrase.... These Gen Zs can't handle their big boy juice....
Thanks!
Us Millennials have enough things to ruin like avocado toast, diamonds, cereal, work life, and housing. Don't want to be associated with these "kids" messing up college football. haha!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 am

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 am
GregPercussion wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Thank you.

Millennials were born between 1980-1999.
My work classifies Millenials from 1983 to 2000.... Im an early '84 guy, but am more often categorized with Gen X as far as management styles etc. go. My wife thinks I'm more of a baby boomer and compares me to her dad and uncles. I'm thinking it's not a compliment.....
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm

I dont care what Gen anyone is...If you see someone so drunk they are passing out/fallingdown/throwing up you need to find a security person and get them outta there. Whether they get arrested or not is immaterial.

Snwbrdro

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm

I didnt Notice anything too bad at the game but I was Embarrassed at how the bottom of raley lot was left. Me and my 5 yr old son left at 4th qtr and two parking isles of the bottom of raley had so much trash and cans you wouldn’t be able to walk through it if you wanted to. School staff, I assume Was picking it up. My 5 yr old said , don’t they know how to throw trash away! How does a 5 yr old know that and students of our university don’t or won’t. I park at the top of raley and I can And will drink with the best of them but I also Have some respect and can throw my trash away. Anyone that has any ties to Yosef or the alumni association needs to make them aware. I’ll be contacting both if i can get to the correct person. This is a terrible image for the school and piss poor use of our funds to clean up someone else’s mess. I know You can’t stop the students that walk up to these spots but you can fine or revoke the people that park in those spots. Spots were in between the 70s and 80s .

ASUchipman

Unread post by ASUchipman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 pm

We were walking through the tunnel and some kid shotgunned a beer in front of us. He just threw his can down on the ground. I picked It up and said hey you left your beer can. He turned around and I threw It back to him. He carried it up the hill to the duck pond. Sometimes they just need to be reminded.

Snwbrdro

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Understood but this was so bad you couldn’t see the asphalt. I’m not exaggerating. There were 3 cops watching it get cleaned up. I let them know they should wait till the people come to their cars and ticket them for littering or make them pick it up. There is no excuse for that. I can see a few cans here and there but damn, a box of trash bags cost $5, buy them before you go tailgate and use them!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:53 pm

I hate litter and to do at a place like Boone and the App State campus-for shame. I do hope the Al cans are getting recycled. Hopefully it is all getting recycled but certainly the Al is a no brainer to not recycle.

I try and pick up an item or two and leave the campus a bit cleaner than it was when I arrived. It is the least I can do for a campus I love.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Its getting very bad. Anyone who parks in the handi lot with me knows.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

That is exactly the reason I stayed in Greenwood when I qualified for Raley. The lower section of Greenwood is fine.
Bring Your A Game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”