Fun Facts are Well....Fun

ericsaid
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Saw this on Reddit and it is a valid point. I will take this bet when the lines for the games are out.

"Last 2 P5s to beat App by more than a touchdown end up playing for nattys. Cant be mad at that." Either USC and UNC will be playing in the National Championship game or App stays within one TD.



AppDawg
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm

I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?



User avatar
AtlAppMan
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:23 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ATL
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Forget staying within a TD. I want to beat both of them and “leave no doubt”.



appchicago
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?
Yeah, they left out Miami. It is notable that we happened to draw both UGA and Clemson in years they played for the natty, though.



ericsaid
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm

appchicago wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm
AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?
Yeah, they left out Miami. It is notable that we happened to draw both UGA and Clemson in years they played for the natty, though.
Tennessee and Miami were in 2016 or 2017?



AppDawg
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm
appchicago wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm
AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?
Yeah, they left out Miami. It is notable that we happened to draw both UGA and Clemson in years they played for the natty, though.
Tennessee and Miami were in 2016 or 2017?
UGA ‘17
Vols/U ‘16
Clemson ‘15



EastHallApp
Posts: 5484
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2393 times
Been thanked: 1914 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?
He said fun facts were fun; he didn’t say they were facts.



ericsaid
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Fun Facts are Well....Fun

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 am

AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm
appchicago wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm
AppDawg wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I believe this is untrue. Isn’t the U in there?
Yeah, they left out Miami. It is notable that we happened to draw both UGA and Clemson in years they played for the natty, though.
Tennessee and Miami were in 2016 or 2017?
UGA ‘17
Vols/U ‘16
Clemson ‘15
So Miami was sandwhiched between the two.

Lets correct the record with FACTS: The last two P5 teams to beat App State by more than 7 points, on the road, made it to the CFP National Championship game.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”