2013 Preseason Prospectus

T-Dog

2013 Preseason Prospectus

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun May 26, 2013 8:30 pm

http://www.goasu.com/pdf9/2252085.pdf

Not many surprises. Ferguson is starting RB with Magliore 2nd string (no Holloway). Blalock is starting OLB, Deuce is starting DE, Walton over Middleton for starting SS, Bryant worked his way up to second-string QB and good depth on the O-Line finally (lightest OL is a 265 freshman). Davante Harris is now listed as an OL, Sean Price is officially #10, Marcus Cox is #14.

EDIT: Ryan McGuirt, the transfer from Miami, isn't listed.

Saint3333

Re: 2013 Preseason Prospectus

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Dads at DE is a surprise.

mtnjax
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Dads at DE is a surprise.
I thought it was odd too...until I saw him beast our O-Line in Charlotte and at the Spring Game. dude has ridiculous quickness off the snap

also, why in the hell is John Law wearing #88 as an ILB??? also disappointed that Lott isn't on the roster. was really hoping he would be able to play. also kind of surprised to see that Walton is ahead of Middleton

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am

Subject to big changes I assume? Without Blackmon practicing the CB spots could move around. Covington didnt crack the chart yet, hopefully the Fall will see him find his comfort zone. Walton is a big surprise for me, I thought Middleton would be starting for sure, somewhere anyhow.

Intersting for me, it seems Darian Small has progressed quite well to be tied up with Burns, Anding is pushing Bailey, also good, Alex Gray seems to be special, and FINALLY, Micheal Frazier seems to be where he can make an impact, that guy deserves it.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

So, did Bryant rise to the #2 spot by virtue of Barnes being injured and out for spring practice, or has he actually taken the position? It should be interesting to see whether Lamb climbs into the mix this year, but I assume he'll get a redshirt.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Did a little comparison between the 2013 Master list, including PWO players, and the Prospectus. I have found four that were on our list that don't appear and one that does that wasn't on the list.

On the list but not listed on either GoASU or in the Prospectus:
DB Frank Crawford (6′ 1″ 180) of Gulliver Prep in Miami FL. (Ole Miss Transfer)

P Ryan McGuirt (6-2, 192) of Providence Day School in Charlotte … transferring from University of Miami (as said by T-Dog)

PWO LB Bruce Thomas (5′ 11″ 220) of Atlantic Community High School in Delray Beach, FL

PWO DB/WR Will Buckley (5-10, 180) of East Chapel Hill High School in Chapel Hill

Listed but not shown on our list.

DL Myles Kinder (6' 0" 220) of Blessed Trinity High School in Roswell, GA

Interesting about Crawford not being there unless it's because of the transfer. He is not registered yet so that could have something to do with him not being on the list. Could have also changed his mind although I haven't seen anything about it. I'll keep looking.

I have articles and tweets about Thomas and Buckley showing where they are coming to App. There is a freshman William Buckley registered for fall but the only Bruce Thomas is a junior. I don't have PWO Bruce Thomas' full name so he may be here but I don't know what to look under and there are too many people with the name Thomas to just use a last name search. I'll see what I can find out.

McGuirt is registered so not sure why he's not listed. Guess we'll see on him.

All the rest on the list, including all the PWO's appear to be there. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. ;) For a little prospectus (pun intended) go to GoASU and call up the roster. Select the sort by class and take a look at how many freshmen we have listed. It's huge. Also, if you do that search scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll notice that Dante Jones, Myles Kinder, Parker McKeithen, Hunter Nunn and Will Roberston are all listed as Unk in their class although all are listed as freshmen in the Prospectus and all are registered and showing as freshmen on appstate.edu. By my count, including incoming and red shirt, we are showing 50 freshmen. Like I said, huge.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find any info on the missing and on any transfers that are still out there.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Always interesting to see the two deep after spring. Under JM, Jerry kind of used it to reward hard workers and to motivate (penalize) under performers. I suspect you see this some in certain positions. I'm glad to see Scott and Andersen back. Its hard to believe with their experience that they couldn't crack the two deep. What's the deal with Lott?

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Have to show a depth chart out of Spring ball but it doesn't mean much. Too many starters out or seeing limited action to get an accurate picture. Obvious ones like Jackson & Bryant are easy I expect a radically different 2 deep heading into Montana. A few names missing I expect will be on that one are Karl Anderson, Greg Milhouse, Tacoi Sumler & Tyson Fernandez.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Always interesting to see the two deep after spring. Under JM, Jerry kind of used it to reward hard workers and to motivate (penalize) under performers. I suspect you see this some in certain positions. I'm glad to see Scott and Andersen back. Its hard to believe with their experience that they couldn't crack the two deep. What's the deal with Lott?
Lott was suspended indefinitely. Hard to say if he will make it back.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Mon May 27, 2013 11:16 pm

what also makes it tough for Lott is we are loaded in the secondary, to be honest, we really dont need him. I also think that Woody is going to set a high standard to hold the players accountable. Since Lott has been in trouble more than once, Woody is probably going to make it tough on him to rejoin the team, if he allows it at all.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:59 am

moehler wrote:what also makes it tough for Lott is we are loaded in the secondary, to be honest, we really dont need him. I also think that Woody is going to set a high standard to hold the players accountable. Since Lott has been in trouble more than once, Woody is probably going to make it tough on him to rejoin the team, if he allows it at all.

It appears Lott is done in Boone....but make NO mistake, prior to this last incident he was next level. Athletically (DB) he still is. To say we do not need a kid who can play after college is stretching what I agree is a very good defensive backfield. Lott played out of position and NO-ONE threw the ball his way after he had to move to corner! He would have started and would have been the next DB to get drafted out of ASU. He is naturally a FS, and had yet to be able to play where he was initially recruited to play consistently! We had the luxury to move him around from offense to defense and then internally on defense. I would have loved seeing him play in Woody's system.....but I have to hope he gets a chance to play again somewhere. I can't believe he did this to himself!!!!!!
Go APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”