Michigan and Ann Arbor

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Michigan and Ann Arbor

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:40 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:Been scouring their message boards last couple days. Their fan base essentially is saying major blowout, we were 4-8 last year, new coach, no AE (style player), we are no where close to who we were in 2007.

On the surface, all true and I can only hope their coaches and players have the same view point.

But, as I've stated on several threads, I'm really liking what I'm seeing with this team. Still young, yes, but there are going to be some stars born on 8/30 win or lose.

Veteran O-Line, with really good depth, solid RB core, probably 8 WRs to travel (at least 1 freshman will have huge day), and a D that is primed and ready. S&C program will shine through in this game and rest of SBC slate.
I think it's funny how they like to point out that we aren't nearly as good as 2007, but they completely ignore how much less talent they have this year compared to their 2007 team. They should win the game, but you would think that fan base would know better than any other to write off any team.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 am

Neither team that takes the field in a few weeks would have beaten either of the respective 2007 teams.

Vegas has us at 35 point underdogs. They may be appealing to take, but the better play may be the over at 50.

SKWDCOP
School: Michigan

Unread post by SKWDCOP » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Here is a pretty good guide for visitors:

http://www.maizenbluenation.com/p/ann-a ... guide.html

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Neither team that takes the field in a few weeks would have beaten either of the respective 2007 teams.

Vegas has us at 35 point underdogs. They may be appealing to take, but the better play may be the over at 50.
That is a great point about the two participants.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
sixtoes9134 wrote:Been scouring their message boards last couple days. Their fan base essentially is saying major blowout, we were 4-8 last year, new coach, no AE (style player), we are no where close to who we were in 2007.

On the surface, all true and I can only hope their coaches and players have the same view point.

But, as I've stated on several threads, I'm really liking what I'm seeing with this team. Still young, yes, but there are going to be some stars born on 8/30 win or lose.

Veteran O-Line, with really good depth, solid RB core, probably 8 WRs to travel (at least 1 freshman will have huge day), and a D that is primed and ready. S&C program will shine through in this game and rest of SBC slate.
I think it's funny how they like to point out that we aren't nearly as good as 2007, but they completely ignore how much less talent they have this year compared to their 2007 team. They should win the game, but you would think that fan base would know better than any other to write off any team.
It may be true about less talent for us...but then they didn't think we had any talent on the '07 team either.............Not sure UM is in a position to talk about talent ranked at 37.........

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 pm

on their boards they are admitting that their OL, by their standard, is going to be a major concern, read one post that at the Sat scrimmage, 23 our of 30 run plays were 3 yds or less. If that's true, gives us hope maybe we cant atleast hold our own, and not get blown off the line every play. Now, our own OL against Michigan's line is another story. Don't have a lot of confidence our OL can give Bryant the time to look down the field, or to create holes for the backs.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 pm

I will be in Wilmington at wrightsville beach on the 30th. Does anyone know of a good place in wrightsville near the connector bridge to watch the game or is there an app viewing party in Wilmington I could go to?

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 pm

I plan on being at Jerry Allen's on Wrighsville to watch the game. They have several tvs and an outside dining/drinking area with a tv. Loggerheads has some tvs but there is no real sports place to watch the game from on the island

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 pm

I called jerry Allen's. They said it is first come first served as to which games they turn on. Definitely have espn 2 so could be a good spot. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”