Rushing the field

1ASU78

Rushing the field

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Just thought I'd beat an old or old dead horse. Sitting here reading boring proposals for work. Turn to ESPN Chanel's & see Ole Miss & Alabammy replaying. Watch the last minute. As we know Ole Miss won only after Alabammy calls time out with less than 30 seconds? Ole Miss takes another knee & it's over. Students rush the field & mob their team in congratulatory hugs and carry off the QB. ESPN goes on and on about how great it is what a wonderful scene. But if I remember correctly it was very dangerous and in such bad form in Chatanooga a few years ago!

Just wanted to vent that to someone. Now back to my late night reading.

AppState89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Rushing the field

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:59 pm

It's because we are Appalachian State and were just FCS. FCS doesn't count. Only the really BIG BOYS count. Total BS!!!!! A big win is a big win, I don't care if your a high school team, Guilford College, WSSU, App State or Ole Miss...such a double standard when it comes to the P5 teams...
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 pm

I might tear down the posts if we beat Liberty.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 pm

SEC didn't like it, Ole Miss was fined along with Kentucky after their win against South Carolina.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... rush-field

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 pm

AppState89 wrote:It's because we are Appalachian State and were just FCS. FCS doesn't count. Only the really BIG BOYS count. Total BS!!!!! A big win is a big win, I don't care if your a high school team, Guilford College, WSSU, App State or Ole Miss...such a double standard when it comes to the P5 teams...
I'll take back the double standard after Bruce posted that video...
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Wasn't that because we had fans surrounding the field with a few minutes left on the clock and/or on the field before the game was over?

Anyway, it definitely wasn't because we were FCS. ESPN's resident fuddy duddies love editorializing on when it's acceptable for college kids to rush the field.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:53 pm

The fans being on the field ready to rush it at NC 2007 was 100% the fault of security. They waved fans down with over three minutes left.

And despite everything that, nothing happened. The only one to lose their cool was the cop who got nailed by the football the Delaware player threw. Any App fan could have walked over to the Delaware bench and started something, but nothing happened.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:04 am

The SEC has automatic fines for rushing the field and/or storming the court --- Loved it at Chatty and loved to see the Ole Miss kids so happy and excited as well ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:52 am

I was on the field at Chatty (although as an old guy, I waited for the second wave to hit the field) and it was great to be able to celebrate with the players.

I think the ESPN guys made a good point about being able to get the opposing team off the field. All it will take is one drunk causing a 300 lb lineman to lose his cool, and then the lawsuits will start flying. Basketball brings in a whole new set of problems for the opposing team because space is so much smaller, it makes it harder to get off the court.

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I also remember seeing the Delaware Band jumping over the wall with about 2 minutes remaining and walking down the side to get out of the stadium before the game ended as well...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”