Grow A Pair

fjblair

Re: Grow A Pair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:13 pm

T-Dog wrote:During the title years when everything was as close to perfect as it could be, there were threads bickering over the lack of cups with ice, the sound system, parking, traffic, the new turf, streakers, student tailgaters and much more.

Winning won't make the complainers go away. They'll just find new things to complain about.
Well now complaining about the cups and ice debacle was legit!

NoLongerLurking
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 pm

I will speak (type on a message board) for myself, and as the username states... I'm no longer lurking. I'd be glad to meet and of you in real life any time over a beer. The team's poor performance is actually what drew me to ask the 6-10 posters that own these boards some football questions. As I said earlier, I'm "new" back to school as a 31 year-old undergrad on the GI bill thanks to a combat-related disability that kept me from further military service. So now I am back at ASU after a 12 year hiatus. I believe it was the The Kinks who said "paranoia will destroya."

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:29 am

Everything I have said here is stuff I have said or have no issue saying to anyone's face.

Thanks for the pep talk. If you guys put as much effort as you do attacking other fans for having an opinion in the direction of our program, maybe it would be the two shreds of effort that pulls this team out of the hole Scott Satterfield and company dug. I get the Moore & Corn Cobb left us in a bad place argument, but at some point you OWN what you lead. Kids would rally harder around him if he took ownership. Year two and I still never hear Scott OWN IT! That is why my frustration is all on him.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 am

manonabuffalo wrote:Everything I have said here is stuff I have said or have no issue saying to anyone's face.

Thanks for the pep talk. If you guys put as much effort as you do attacking other fans for having an opinion in the direction of our program, maybe it would be the two shreds of effort that pulls this team out of the hole Scott Satterfield and company dug. I get the Moore & Corn Cobb left us in a bad place argument, but at some point you OWN what you lead. Kids would rally harder around him if he took ownership. Year two and I still never hear Scott OWN IT! That is why my frustration is all on him.
when was the last time you spent a week at practice or spent time in the locker room or went to team meetings? - you seem to feel you know what is or isn't going on with the team and coaches and as I far as I know you are not involved on a daily basis - I know I am not ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:11 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
manonabuffalo wrote:Everything I have said here is stuff I have said or have no issue saying to anyone's face.

when was the last time you spent a week at practice or spent time in the locker room or went to team meetings? - you seem to feel you know what is or isn't going on with the team and coaches and as I far as I know you are not involved on a daily basis - I know I am not ---
I remain friends with a coach on the staff and Scott coached me early in his tenure here. I guess I can go in the locker room and take a peek or I can go to work everyday in the Triangle (because I have to) and take my friend's word on it. The most telling evidence we all can see are his post game interviews however.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 am

I put basically no significance/importance on what any coach says in an interview, specially postgame - I don't blame them as I wouldn't say anything of significance either ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Skiddy wrote:Hello - I have been around for a long time but not to this site I always did my post on Any Given Saturday but now since we have moved up I moved here for posts. Anyone who knows me calls me Skiddy so not hiding at all. If anyone needs to grow a pair it's Satterfield - own up to his inability!

Goodness!
Sure thing, Skiddy. :lol:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”