Ridiculous

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Ridiculous

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:48 am

We had a really rough day yesterday were running super late and wanted to have a drink at Macado's before heading over to the game. They had all of the TVs on ACC, SEC games. I asked if they could put one on the App game. Answer was no people will get mad. So here you go, people come to Boone on game day and spend money. This eestablishment thanks App by showing the tarholes and ND on enough screens that you can see it from anywhere in the restaurant and App on none. I will not go back there. I quit Peppers last year over the same thing, had all screens on other games and would not switch one to the App Montana game because people would get mad. Every flipping screen should be showing App if it is available. For Gosh sake this is Boone damn it.

NewApp

Re: Ridiculous

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:00 am

As usual, RP.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 am

Don't know but it was ESPN3 and had to be run through a computer ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03 am

That's bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have the App State game on PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:39 am

WVAPPeer wrote:Don't know but it was ESPN3 and had to be run through a computer ---
It was ESPN3 because I was watching it on my phone using their wifi. They have the capability to show streaming content I am sure.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 am

appbio91 wrote:We had a really rough day yesterday were running super late and wanted to have a drink at Macado's before heading over to the game. They had all of the TVs on ACC, SEC games. I asked if they could put one on the App game. Answer was no people will get mad. So here you go, people come to Boone on game day and spend money. This eestablishment thanks App by showing the tarholes and ND on enough screens that you can see it from anywhere in the restaurant and App on none. I will not go back there. I quit Peppers last year over the same thing, had all screens on other games and would not switch one to the App Montana game because people would get mad. Every flipping screen should be showing App if it is available. For Gosh sake this is Boone damn it.
Thanks for the information. I will never darken McAdoo's door again

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:37 am

It bothers me, too. But I've gotta think that if their customers wanted to see the game, they would've gone to the game. Those people are probably inconvenienced by game day more than anything. Or, on the other hand, they are extremely accommodating to their family, who wants to go to Boone and go to the game, and they are willing to get involved with the ordeal that is Boone on game day with no intention of going to the game.

Like I said, it bothers me, but I can't muster the outrage. Not for a home game. Now, make it an away game and have the same thing happen, I might cause a scene. Trying to watch the game any place other than tApp, Rock, or a few other places with accommodating local owners (who aren't bigger fans of other schools and know where their money comes from) is setting yourself up for outrage anyway. In most cases, I like to think I'm past intentionally putting myself into situations where I know I'm just going to end up with irrational anger, but that's just me and not directed at anyone else. App football is a hell of a drug.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:41 am

This thread is ridiculous, the arrogance around App football is out of control. The game is being played less than a quarter mile away. Go to the darn game. Has anyone ever thought that Boone has fans of those ACC/SEC schools and people would rather watch that because its a more entertaining product. Heck half of the club level yesterday was glued to the TVs showing Auburn vs Mississippi State.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:59 am

AppinATL wrote:
appbio91 wrote:We had a really rough day yesterday were running super late and wanted to have a drink at Macado's before heading over to the game. They had all of the TVs on ACC, SEC games. I asked if they could put one on the App game. Answer was no people will get mad. So here you go, people come to Boone on game day and spend money. This eestablishment thanks App by showing the tarholes and ND on enough screens that you can see it from anywhere in the restaurant and App on none. I will not go back there. I quit Peppers last year over the same thing, had all screens on other games and would not switch one to the App Montana game because people would get mad. Every flipping screen should be showing App if it is available. For Gosh sake this is Boone damn it.
Thanks for the information. I will never darken McAdoo's door again
+1

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:09 am

None of us should ever be in Boone and watch a home game on TELEVISION. Get your ass to the stadium!!!

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:41 pm

AppAttack wrote:None of us should ever be in Boone and watch a home game on TELEVISION. Get your ass to the stadium!!!
Read the OP pecker. I went to the game.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:34 pm

AppAttack wrote:None of us should ever be in Boone and watch a home game on TELEVISION. Get your ass to the stadium!!!
I've been back in Boone since 2009 but am unable to attend games due to medical problems. If you think it's not killing me not being able to go to the games you're dead wrong. But don't make such blanket statements if you don't know someone's situation. If you don't like it you can shove it as far up that body part you mentioned in your post as it will go.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:21 am

firemoose wrote:
I've been back in Boone since 2009 but am unable to attend games due to medical problems. If you think it's not killing me not being able to go to the games you're dead wrong. But don't make such blanket statements if you don't know someone's situation. If you don't like it you can shove it as far up that body part you mentioned in your post as it will go.
Amen!!! - my friend :!: :!: :!:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 am

Were you there prior to the game, or during the game? I know they don't really have a "pregame" show.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear that about Peppers because I used to go there primarily because Peppers was founded by an ASU student "drop out" who was quite successful. To, have steered quite a few App alumni there for the same reason. Now you tell me this. The last time I was there, has now become the last time I will ever go there. If they can't be loyal to us, then why should we show any loyalty whatsoever to them?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Peppers was the ONLY place in Boone showing the USA game. I had never been before.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:23 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
Were you there prior to the game, or during the game? I know they don't really have a "pregame" show.
Was there during the first qtr into second. Made it to the game at half-time. Like I said it was a rough day, lucky I made it at all. My point was not really to bash Macado's or Peppers although I seriously will not go back. I just could not help wondering if I walked into one of the most popular places in Clemson or chapel hill on game day would they would have the local team on the TV or a team that has no connection whatsoever to the town? To rub salt in the wound by telling me the carolina fans would get mad put it over the top. Glad to see in the above post that Peppers was showing the USA game.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:17 pm

TappRoom and the Rock(whatever that bar at Walmart is called) were embarrassed to not have it (USA game). I agree, show it on at least one monitor. Hype up your home town regardless, not to mention you lose some revenue not doing so.

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Peppers was the only place that I could find showing the Southern Miss game after the big sports bar that had advertised that they would have the game on was not able to get it. They might have got it eventually but I left after they were not able to get the game on after the first 15 minutes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”