Who?

fjblair

Re: Who?

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:49 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:05 am
I bet the same people screaming for Clark to get fired would be the same ones questioning his loyalty to App if he had 3 great seasons and left for a P5. Loyalty is a 2 way street.
Side note, Obviously winning is a VERY important part of being the HC, but running a classy program with high character people is too. If you look behind the scenes a little, you can see that Clark is a very decent person, who has assembled a great staff and a team of young men that App Nation should be proud of, and that should mean something. Wasn't it Jerry Moore who said its more than just a game?
Winning is the only thing that matters, this is college football not the Boy Scouts.

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am

fjblair wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:49 am
The Rock wrote:
I bet the same people screaming for Clark to get fired would be the same ones questioning his loyalty to App if he had 3 great seasons and left for a P5. Loyalty is a 2 way street.
Side note, Obviously winning is a VERY important part of being the HC, but running a classy program with high character people is too. If you look behind the scenes a little, you can see that Clark is a very decent person, who has assembled a great staff and a team of young men that App Nation should be proud of, and that should mean something. Wasn't it Jerry Moore who said its more than just a game?
Winning is the only thing that matters, this is college football not the Boy Scouts.
Pretty much. I don't want to have a bunch of players in jail, be under NCAA investigation, etc. but to me you don't get bonus points for being a good person and having a good culture. That should be expected at the very least. You can run a good program with good character players and still win.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:54 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:25 am
fjblair wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Pretty much. I don't want to have a bunch of players in jail, be under NCAA investigation, etc. but to me you don't get bonus points for being a good person and having a good culture. That should be expected at the very least. You can run a good program with good character players and still win.
NIL Cheat is the only way these days.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:53 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:54 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I don't want players getting arrested, failing drug tests, etc either. It is harder to cheat for sure. Bottom line is that you have to win and if you don't win here you won't stick around. These coaches are paid a lot of money to win and if losing is fine then just hire unqualified people from the stands who you only have to pay 75-100k instead of paying 800k-1M to lose. LOL

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:46 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:53 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I don't want players getting arrested, failing drug tests, etc either. It is harder to cheat for sure. Bottom line is that you have to win and if you don't win here you won't stick around. These coaches are paid a lot of money to win and if losing is fine then just hire unqualified people from the stands who you only have to pay 75-100k instead of paying 800k-1M to lose. LOL
no one cares what you want, I want #TeamClark to win, and the rest of the board wants App State to win.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:52 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:46 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:53 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
fjblair wrote:

no one cares what you want, I want #TeamClark to win, and the rest of the board wants App State to win.
Nobody wants us having players getting arrested so I would say that is the opinion of everyone. Lol

There are really only two opinions who matter and I’m told one of them is on fence and the other wants him gone. What we do the next 5 games will determine regardless what any of us want.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 pm

Some of you fellers are truly nauseating. We have a corral of dead horses.

CLTAPP92

Unread post by CLTAPP92 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:20 am

For those who keep bringing Elliott into this discussion - you might consider looking at his coaching record (and not consider this year alone as a statement of program consistency) when making your argument. While I pull for him when not playing App (he is an App guy after all), prior to this year's 6 wins, his overall record at GSU was 34-38. Let that sink in for a bit, six seasons with an overall losing record (23-25 in the conference over the same time by the way). This year's 6 wins and 1 loss finally pulled his GSU coaching record above .500 (40-39). Keep in mind this is his 7th year coaching the program.

Could he recruit better student-athletes at App? I don't know, but the most vocal on here seem to be most concerned about the W/L and apparent trends. Not much of a trend if you look at GSU's record - a good year this year thus far.... but not a trend and certainly not one for which I'd make a whole staffing change. Hopefully he'll continue to win and kudos to GSU for sticking with him during his 2-10 second season and, oh yea, his 4-8 sixth season.

Now let's go kick Southern Miss all over our turf! Give 'em hell App!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:00 am

I'm not reading through the whole thread, but... is someone seriously suggesting this "coach in waiting" thing? Like, not as satire?

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:30 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:00 am
I'm not reading through the whole thread, but... is someone seriously suggesting this "coach in waiting" thing? Like, not as satire?

I believe that poster later revealed that it was a satire.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”