Turf

The Annoying Peasant
School: Appalachian State

Re: Turf

Unread post by The Annoying Peasant » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

The Field Turf we have was top of the line when it was installed. One reason for the dirty looking white in the A and the gold is due to Coach Moore requesting additional sand and rubber put down to make it a faster surface. The blades of grass aren't nearly as tall as others I've walked on. The lights at KBS are some of the best you can buy. They are specifically designed for High Definition broadcasts. The pressbox is one of the most modern around and is virtually a plug n play facility. ESPN3 uses in-house feeds from the stadium. You can blame the poor video quality on the antiquated cameras we use. One of the many things Cobb cut out of the budget.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:13 pm

The Annoying Peasant wrote:The Field Turf we have was top of the line when it was installed. One reason for the dirty looking white in the A and the gold is due to Coach Moore requesting additional sand and rubber put down to make it a faster surface. The blades of grass aren't nearly as tall as others I've walked on. The lights at KBS are some of the best you can buy. They are specifically designed for High Definition broadcasts. The pressbox is one of the most modern around and is virtually a plug n play facility. ESPN3 uses in-house feeds from the stadium. You can blame the poor video quality on the antiquated cameras we use. One of the many things Cobb cut out of the budget.
The peasant speaks the truth. It is known that David Jackson has his eye on at least one new camera; just needs the funds to make the acquisition.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rick0714

Unread post by Rick0714 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm

I remember the request for a "fast" field as well. The "new" field is also safer than the old astroturf we had in my day as well. The additional rubber and sand means its fast but not hard as concrete either. Remember getting hit hard in practice one day and the hit was nothing compared to the impact on the turf/concrete. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”