AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Clark on Noon SC and CFBLive TODAY

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:23 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:19 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:57 pm
I get the feeling that he simply loves App State and won't be swayed by money. Some folks are actually wired that way. It's been said before that a person even with a family can live quite nicely in the high county at close to $1m per. Win 9+ games a year, knock off the occasional top 10 team and maybe even hit a playoff. Or go disappear at Missouri (yeah I know about the money). Life really isn't completely ruled by $.
I agree that he loves App and wants us to succeed. But i think we're fooling ourselves (again) if we think he won't be swayed by 4-5x his salary. He may not go for the 1st opportunity like Drink did, but money talks and he has own ambitions. I love Boone and App as much as anyone here, but if somebody offered me $5MM/year to coach anywhere in the USA i'd be on the next plane.

He has a family to consider and if he gets that big time coaching job it probably means he took us to a NY6 or expanded playoff so I'm good.
If Clark left, and right now, I would say that’s a big IF, he would leave because he achieved everything that he could at App and he would leave the program in better shape than he got it.

He did tell a group of donors a couple weeks back that he plans on retiring here. FWIW.

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Clark on Noon SC and CFBLive TODAY

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:21 am

A direct link

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”