Roll Neers?

goapps93

Re: Roll Neers?

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 am

I'm attending Campbell University Divinity School and saw an undergrad on campus Monday with a "Roll Humps" shirt on. I'm not sure what to say about that
WE ARE YOSEF!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:10 am

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 am
I'm attending Campbell University Divinity School and saw an undergrad on campus Monday with a "Roll Humps" shirt on. I'm not sure what to say about that
I think on a relative basis, that makes me feel better about "Roll Neers!" :shock: :lol:

Howard Street Hooligan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 am

NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:29 am
Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:45 am
NeersBy90 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 am
I love it. Roll 'Neers. Don't like it? Get off my lawn.
Let me start by saying Neers is fine. At least that makes sense. Mountaineers for short. That being said, you would like "Roll Neers" your name is "NeersBy90" like every other basic B SEC fan that says Cats by 90 or insert whatever school. It's cringe as hell. We don't need to copy Alabama and say "Roll Neers"
"It's cringe as hell" and "basic B SEC fan" haha.

Did my post make you "feel some type of way" or whatever dumb slang kids use today? I like the phrase Roll Neers and I will continue to use it. Like one poster on here said, he first started hearing it in the 80's, so its been around. There are certainly worse traditions from worse schools that we've copied in the past. Kind of like how we started playing Sandstorm after we beat South Carolina... Let fans be fans however they please.

RollNeersBy90
There's no chance more than 5 people said "Roll Neers" in the 80's. I've been going to games since I was 8, I'm 32 now and never heard it until few short years ago from some sorority girls at a bar in Boone. You can certainly say it, there's no laws against it, but I can also say it sounds dumb as shit which it most certainly is.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:32 am
I get "Roll Neers" or "go Neers" many time when im wearing App gear out of town.... I "roll" with it..........dont like it but it is what it will be
Dude do you really get a lot of Roll Neers when you go out? And if you do you should never go back there again. I’m not discounting you but I’ve never on my life had someone say roll Neers to me.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 am
NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:
Let me start by saying Neers is fine. At least that makes sense. Mountaineers for short. That being said, you would like "Roll Neers" your name is "NeersBy90" like every other basic B SEC fan that says Cats by 90 or insert whatever school. It's cringe as hell. We don't need to copy Alabama and say "Roll Neers"

Did my post make you "feel some type of way" or whatever dumb slang kids use today? I like the phrase Roll Neers and I will continue to use it. Like one poster on here said, he first started hearing it in the 80's, so its been around. There are certainly worse traditions from worse schools that we've copied in the past. Kind of like how we started playing Sandstorm after we beat South Carolina... Let fans be fans however they please.

RollNeersBy90
There's no chance more than 5 people said "Roll Neers" in the 80's. I've been going to games since I was 8, I'm 32 now and never heard it until few short years ago from some sorority girls at a bar in Boone. You can certainly say it, there's no laws against it, but I can also say it sounds dumb as shit which it most certainly is.
QB1 Chase Brice says it too. If its cool enough for him, its cool enough for him, for all of App Nation.

RollNeersBy90

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm

NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90
QB1 Chase Brice says it too. If its cool enough for him, its cool enough for him, for all of App Nation.

RollNeersBy90
Well if our transfer quarterback who has yet to take a snap as a mountaineer says it…😂 dude I’m just giving you a hard time

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90

RollNeersBy90
Well if our transfer quarterback who has yet to take a snap as a mountaineer says it…😂 dude I’m just giving you a hard time
I thought that was the case and don't worry, I don't take much on here seriously. I really don't mind the phrase and yes, I've said it from time to time. The argument about Chase Brice saying it, I thought was funny which is why I mentioned it. I just think its funny how riled up people on here get about something dumb, like... how certain people express their fandom. No hard feelings?... haha

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:06 pm

NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90

RollNeersBy90
Chase has been around for a cup of coffee.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 pm

NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:04 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90

RollNeersBy90
I thought that was the case and don't worry, I don't take much on here seriously. I really don't mind the phrase and yes, I've said it from time to time. The argument about Chase Brice saying it, I thought was funny which is why I mentioned it. I just think its funny how riled up people on here get about something dumb, like... how certain people express their fandom. No hard feelings?... haha
No hard feelings your way. I'm just trying to kill this momentum on this silly saying. Nothing against you, but that's my ultimate goal.

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90
No hard feelings your way. I'm just trying to kill this momentum on this silly saying. Nothing against you, but that's my ultimate goal.
Haha, no hard feelings whatsoever. I understand your goal, and it's become my mission to push that silly saying moving forward. No matter what happens, you, me and Seattle will have something to discuss here!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:23 pm

NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:15 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
NeersBy90 wrote:

RollNeersBy90
Haha, no hard feelings whatsoever. I understand your goal, and it's become my mission to push that silly saying moving forward. No matter what happens, you, me and Seattle will have something to discuss here!

I like to mire myself in circular debates on this board

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:24 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:23 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:15 pm
NeersBy90 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I like to mire myself in circular debates on this board
Is there another kind of debate?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”