Re: Coastal discussion

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:23 pm

ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:21 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 pm
ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 pm
Man it would be so cathartic to come in here as a Coastal fan and see this meltdown. Some of you pretending you’re going to quit being a fan if Clark isn’t fired tomorrow lol. If you don’t have a degree from App, wtf are you doing here? Go root for Ohio State and be happy.
I don’t have a degree here what’s your point? That make me lesser of a fan? Grow up poindexter
Nah you missed it. Those of us who paid an assload of money for the piece of paper flat out don’t have a choice anymore. This is our school whether they suck or not. If you like this team just because and stick around when they’re laying turds, then hell you’re probably a better fan than the grads. Most of them were back at the dorm by the 3rd quarter.

If you throw a tantrum when we lose and threaten to burn the App gear you bought this morning, then you better not have attended here and you should go float to a team that can buy a playoff spot.
I attended here and will never burn my app gear.

Clark gotta go.

School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 8993 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:31 pm

Hambone09 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:18 pm
What do you think is going to happen if we do part with with SC? Some one is magically going to come in and bring us back to winning 11 games? Rebuilds take time and honestly none of you on this board have patience for that.. you would be looking at 3 years of being average at best.. not sure what the answer is at the moment but I do know we have a football team fighting and playing hard for a whole game. The season isn’t over, just need to string some wins together.
I hear you, I do, but we’re not progressing right now. I’d rather take a risk on another HC who can redirect us and reenergize us rather than continuing to free fall like we currently are. I don’t think anyone expects to be next years NY6 team next year, but I expect us to be taking steps to get there.

We’re not taking steps forward right now. We’re getting pushed around, bullied on the playground, and taunted. That’s not us or our culture.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:33 pm

ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:21 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 pm
ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 pm
Man it would be so cathartic to come in here as a Coastal fan and see this meltdown. Some of you pretending you’re going to quit being a fan if Clark isn’t fired tomorrow lol. If you don’t have a degree from App, wtf are you doing here? Go root for Ohio State and be happy.
I don’t have a degree here what’s your point? That make me lesser of a fan? Grow up poindexter
Nah you missed it. Those of us who paid an assload of money for the piece of paper flat out don’t have a choice anymore. This is our school whether they suck or not. If you like this team just because and stick around when they’re laying turds, then hell you’re probably a better fan than the grads. Most of them were back at the dorm by the 3rd quarter.

If you throw a tantrum when we lose and threaten to burn the App gear you bought this morning, then you better not have attended here and you should go float to a team that can buy a playoff spot.
No I didn’t My daughters a junior I’ve written enough checks. My dads a grad from the 70’s . We’ve been season ticket holders for loooong time. This is a very bad place we’re in. Doug should tread lightly too!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:34 pm

Have not read the whole thread...and maybe I am not following conversation accurately....but if the gist of the idea is that someone is going to stop donating to YC because we are losing or that we have a certain coach...then, in my humble opinion, you are a piss poor excuse as a fan of App. St. The term I guess would be a fair weather fan..ride 'em when they are winning and take the credit....dump them when they are losing....sounds like tarhole traits in their fandom DNA. You ride or die no matter what... is what fandom means to me... especially if it is your alma mater..you may want changes...then shout it to the moon...but..a threat to reduce or stop funding is a douche-bagish in my opinion..with opinions, everybody has one..
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

asu1988

Unread post by asu1988 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:36 pm

Sixteen years of watching App State Football. I've never seen a team more undisciplined, and a coach that is in way over his head. Dropped passes, DBs getting beat over the top, the fumble. Clark made all the right moves in the offseason. He has said all the right things. As a program, we have progressively gotten worse during his tenure. 1 Bowl win, 4-7 vs. Main Rivals (Marshall, Coastal, GSU, JMU), 6-6 last season, no outright SBC Championship. At best, we could finish 4-8 or 5-7. As a fellow Mountaineer, I have given the man every benefit of a doubt. Nothing has changed since last year. I'm done. It's time for Clark to go, and December 1st can't get here soon enough.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:38 pm

At some point, it all falls on the coach. If we can't win more than we lose for the rest of the season, I have no doubt that he will be gone. I do find it very interesting that Sloan has seemingly escaped any criticism this season. We all know that Clark doesn't call the defense, Sloan does and in the past couple of games his defense has been exposed. Where are all those voices clamoring for change like they did with Roof and Dale? There was also almost universal praise for Frank returning as our OC. Now, I have no clue who really calls the plays, but our red zone offense has not been good this year at all. That being said, we are playing a second string qb and our starting rb just got hurt and only had 1 carry in the game. As bad as we played, we still should have easily taken the lead with very little time left but instead we fumble. Not sure how a fumble, or dropped pass, or blown coverage, are on Clark. BUT, we can't keep this up and if we don't win at least 7 somehow this year, he needs to be gone. Until then I will support him and our team and hope we turn it around. I will say the crowd was great tonight and stayed until the end. Coming up from Florida for this loss is no fun, but the fans did their job despite what it may have sounded like on tv.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:41 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:04 pm
Nate Noel dressed and in a helmet and walking on the sidelines and didn’t play in a tight game.

Fuck the dog house. Play your best players
Hear that he is having his foot x-rayed.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:42 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:41 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:04 pm
Nate Noel dressed and in a helmet and walking on the sidelines and didn’t play in a tight game.

Fuck the dog house. Play your best players
Hear that he is having his foot x-rayed.
Don’t care. Best player on either team was begging to play and wasn’t allowed to in a tight game. Malpractice.

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:43 pm

asu1988 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:36 pm
Sixteen years of watching App State Football. I've never seen a team more undisciplined, and a coach that is in way over his head. Dropped passes, DBs getting beat over the top, the fumble. Clark made all the right moves in the offseason. He has said all the right things. As a program, we have progressively gotten worse during his tenure. 1 Bowl win, 4-7 vs. Main Rivals (Marshall, Coastal, GSU, JMU), 6-6 last season, no outright SBC Championship. At best, we could finish 4-8 or 5-7. As a fellow Mountaineer, I have given the man every benefit of a doubt. Nothing has changed since last year. I'm done. It's time for Clark to go, and December 1st can't get here soon enough.
16 years.. like you’re owed something. I’m a young one, I hope, and it’t been 47 for me. Be done. We aren’t.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:45 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:43 pm
asu1988 wrote:
16 years.. like you’re owed something. I’m a young one, I hope, and it’t been 47 for me. Be done. We aren’t.
Just because you are old doesn’t give your opinion more weight. Our coach is losing games we should win. Regularly. Good riddance!

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:45 pm
Boonegoon wrote:
asu1988 wrote:
Just because you are old doesn’t give your opinion more weight. Our coach is losing games we should win. Regularly. Good riddance!
Who says I’m old? That cat says he was done with the coach because of dropped passes and fumbles. Them’s the breaks sometimes. Yes, should’ve won, same with Wyoming. But damn, we aren’t going to win them all. I see the writing on the wall.. and I still love it.

asu1988

Unread post by asu1988 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Boonegoon wrote:
asu1988 wrote:
Who says I’m old? That cat says he was done with the coach because of dropped passes and fumbles. Them’s the breaks sometimes. Yes, should’ve won, same with Wyoming. But damn, we aren’t going to win them all. I see the writing on the wall.. and I still love it.
OK Boomer.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:53 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Boonegoon wrote:
asu1988 wrote:
I
What’s our record in our last 12-15 FBS games?

We are losing a lot more than we win.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:58 pm

In this coach’s tenure we are 1-3 vs coastal

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:59 pm

The most disturbing part of the last season and a half is the ups and downs. With the lack of winning games especially ones like this and Wyoming also we are going to start losing recruits, we will lose talent to the portal and we will struggle getting talent in from the portal. We are on a long slow death spiral. It won't get corrected this year. It can be corrected quickly with the Transfer portal look at Colorado. It will take a very confident and motivated coach to get us back on track and on top. It hurts my heart to see a loss like tonight, but we are behind and it looks like we are behind most of the rest of the conference especially the east division. Hopefully we can beat So Miss and ODU, not even confident in thar right now. I have written off all 4 of last games of no chance. If we win any of last 4 I would feel like those would be upsets. Thus isn't a script for a Dr Pepper commercial. Our program is in serious trouble. Like it or not, fire who you want or not App State football is on serious trouble.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:06 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Like how many blowouts happen each week in football, there is a lot of close games, ya'll want blow outs, these other schools spend and coach too. Not every kid wants to come to Boone to play ball, Coastal, Ga State, Charlotte have all eaten out of the App State recruiting pie the last decade and it's starting to show. It's Lay of the land fellows

Biggest line in the NFL is usually 10 points each week and that is with Mahomes or 49ers, rest of the games is tight.

It's a new day man. Parity rules. App State Football has only the 7/8th best budget in the Sun Belt, good luck.

You can Change the leader but it's still not going to change the infrastructure of what's going on. Just because App State has the most passionate fans, best attendance in the SBC doesn't mean the team will go undefeated. No one has went undefeated in SBC yet that has coached at App State.
Find ways to get more people to donate. There’s no excuse for such piss poor donations.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:09 am

Thoughts after the game.
Never felt like we were in the game. The final score was not as bad as the loss was. It was like a cat playing with a mouse, because they had 3-4 plays we never could stop. Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. Worst defense in a very, very long time. Many Coastal players were punks who were more interested in taunting fans than blowing out a weak team. Great turnout on a Tuesday. The fans deserved a better prepared team. I really like Clark as a person and an App guy, and I wish him well, but we are losing program momentum and respect by the hour. A mediocre Coastal team came to the Rock and showed zero respect for our team and knew we couldn’t stop them. It was sad.
Clark should be allowed to finish the season, although it will be hard to watch, but the search should have already started.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:10 am

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:06 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Like how many blowouts happen each week in football, there is a lot of close games, ya'll want blow outs, these other schools spend and coach too. Not every kid wants to come to Boone to play ball, Coastal, Ga State, Charlotte have all eaten out of the App State recruiting pie the last decade and it's starting to show. It's Lay of the land fellows

Biggest line in the NFL is usually 10 points each week and that is with Mahomes or 49ers, rest of the games is tight.

It's a new day man. Parity rules. App State Football has only the 7/8th best budget in the Sun Belt, good luck.

You can Change the leader but it's still not going to change the infrastructure of what's going on. Just because App State has the most passionate fans, best attendance in the SBC doesn't mean the team will go undefeated. No one has went undefeated in SBC yet that has coached at App State.
Find ways to get more people to donate. There’s no excuse for such piss poor donations.
At this point (not before!) winning could be a start.

N_Bryant86

Unread post by N_Bryant86 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:14 am

Yes, donate to Yosef club Clarks Record. My donation receipt is coming.
Class of 09

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:17 am

N_Bryant86 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:14 am
Yes, donate to Yosef club Clarks Record. My donation receipt is coming.
Oh no, what will I do without my 8.15?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”