It's Gameday!

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's Gameday!

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:55 pm

So a few things for the armchair QBs to ponder over your coffee in the morning.

As Moose stated above, the “sloppy” play at the end was third string guys going against their ones. We had two true freshmen on the DL on that last drive.

Our corners are playing off receivers in the manner that they are being asked to in play design. It isn’t stubbornness. They have too play off or they can get burned off the line if the blitz leave no help over the top.

Chase is the real deal. He just adds a new dynamic with his skills. He isn’t going to be perfect but Damn! Dude is a baller.

Lastly, we struggle defensively early when the offense is running scripted plays. Once we get them off script, they were lost.

This team is going to be fun to watch and a nightmare to beat.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:55 pm

As Moose stated above, the “sloppy” play at the end was third string guys going against their ones. We had two true freshmen on the DL on that last drive.

Our corners are playing off receivers in the manner that they are being asked to in play design. It isn’t stubbornness. They have too play off or they can get burned off the line if the blitz leave no help over the top.

Chase is the real deal. He just adds a new dynamic with his skills. He isn’t going to be perfect but Damn! Dude is a baller.

Lastly, we struggle defensively early when the offense is running scripted plays. Once we get them off script, they were lost.

We also tend to play vanilla defense against those scripted plays. We usually don't dial up blitzes and make adjustments until the 2nd Q/Halftime. Can be frustrating for the fans, but the formula seems to work. Ahlers was forced into quick throws that missed and under pressure when it mattered in the second half.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:27 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:55 pm

We also tend to play vanilla defense against those scripted plays. We usually don't dial up blitzes and make adjustments until the 2nd Q/Halftime. Can be frustrating for the fans, but the formula seems to work. Ahlers was forced into quick throws that missed and under pressure when it mattered in the second half.
Exactly. I’ve come to accept it. It looked to me the Ross got caught looking in the backfield and had a bad angle.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:43 am

Can’t please both sides. So what do you do? Leave the first group in and run it up risking injury to the first teamers and denying the rest a chance to gain some experience, or put the backups in and limp a little to the finish? The best case in put the backups in and run it up to the finish, but maybe asking what’s not possible.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:46 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:06 pm
VNova wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 pm
App_in_Maiden wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:47 pm
The announcers just go to show what they think about us and the sunbelt. It’s honestly pathetic. I think we and the sunbelt have earned respect but still don’t seem to get it.
Nothing like listening to them talk about pickle juice…
You guys know it's really easy to sync the App radio crew to the ESPN video right?

I thought Noah Hannon sounded really good for his first time in the booth.
I don't have a set up that'd easily make that work, especially since I use stuff like sling instead of regular cable. It doesn't bug me all that much. We made the game boring with that trouncing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”