Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:32 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:12 am
RankinApp wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:45 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:42 am
Reposting this, getting lectured by someone that doesn’t put App State’s interest above their own isn’t acceptable to this Mountaineer.
It seems there's still a lot of "lil ol Appalachian should know its place and expect .500 or slightly better seasons" populating the fanbase.
We don't have room for anyone who is fine with going 7-5 or 6-6 or worse. I would rather average 28,000 with everyone expecting to win than have 40,000 and 1/4 of the crowd just be happy with going 6-6. Appalachian's place is winning titles and anyone who does not agree with that should seriously go pull for Wake, Charlotte, South Carolina or some program who is use to it and fine with it.
When were you given the authority to determine who gets to be a fan of App State?

LKN_Lawyer

Unread post by LKN_Lawyer » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:56 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:32 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
Reposting this, getting lectured by someone that doesn’t put App State’s interest above their own isn’t acceptable to this Mountaineer.
It seems there's still a lot of "lil ol Appalachian should know its place and expect .500 or slightly better seasons" populating the fanbase.
We don't have room for anyone who is fine with going 7-5 or 6-6 or worse. I would rather average 28,000 with everyone expecting to win than have 40,000 and 1/4 of the crowd just be happy with going 6-6. Appalachian's place is winning titles and anyone who does not agree with that should seriously go pull for Wake, Charlotte, South Carolina or some program who is use to it and fine with it.
When were you given the authority to determine who gets to be a fan of App State?
So you are fine with mediocrity instead of doing what it takes to have the top program in the SBC and G5 year in and year out?

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:58 pm

LKN_Lawyer wrote:

C’mon Saint, you know you have to mention a certain RB who liked to engage in extracurricular activities when you speak of our rich RB tradition! Mr Bongwater!

I doubt Denver even knows who that is
Ole twinkle toes himself. To quote the Charlotte Observer and I remember it well "he was caught after a short foot chase by a deputy" :roll: It was sad but fitting. :lol:

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Football back then in your days doesn't count, I mean Charlotte, Coastal, Ga State didn't even have teams then. App was beating the fake Military academies VMI and Citadel and playing for some jug of water over the western mountain ridge game. The 1AA teams in the 2000's decade don't even count for me only about 4 teams you have to beat to win a National Title.

Saint and the LincolLawyer probably wants Clark to bring back the single T formation or the wishbone.

I'm clocking out til next Saturday! Have a good week old timers! 😉

Go Team Clark!!! Beat UL Monroe.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:54 pm
542, 800 same thing. Checks out with some of the other logic used in this thread.
You use some logic the user above wants to change the offense, He referenced Jerry Moore - they changed based on one unique quarterback to take advantage the kids speed and ability.

The offense numbers under Clark, Drink, Satt haven't ever been the issue. there are such games throughout the Course of a 13 game season that will NOT be pretty, Drink couldn't score in 2019 at home vs STINK.

Perspective and Logic.

2/3 of you want to bench JA because of the final series and INT. Are you kidding me. The announcers praised the kid all game playing smart and throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything.

The offense is missing a talented very good TE - or they score TD's last night.
That poster and you can both be wrong.

Find a post where I said to bench Joey or stop quoting me when bringing up that talking point.

Your attempt to bring in other people’s claims when engaging in discussion is lazy and disingenuous.
you went at me this morning - so am bunching you in with everyone else. Me against the world on the Cabin!
So you’re just slinging crap against the wall and hoping something sticks?

I’ve only seen one poster who said he hoped for QB1 to take back over. If you’re going to claim 2/3 of the posters you’re going to need to back that up. I guess it’s hard to see the truth when you’re looking down your nose at everyone else.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:26 pm

appst89 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:54 pm
542, 800 same thing. Checks out with some of the other logic used in this thread.
You use some logic the user above wants to change the offense, He referenced Jerry Moore - they changed based on one unique quarterback to take advantage the kids speed and ability.

The offense numbers under Clark, Drink, Satt haven't ever been the issue. there are such games throughout the Course of a 13 game season that will NOT be pretty, Drink couldn't score in 2019 at home vs STINK.

Perspective and Logic.

2/3 of you want to bench JA because of the final series and INT. Are you kidding me. The announcers praised the kid all game playing smart and throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything.

The offense is missing a talented very good TE - or they score TD's last night.
That poster and you can both be wrong.

Find a post where I said to bench Joey or stop quoting me when bringing up that talking point.

Your attempt to bring in other people’s claims when engaging in discussion is lazy and disingenuous.
you went at me this morning - so am bunching you in with everyone else. Me against the world on the Cabin!
So you’re just slinging crap against the wall and hoping something sticks?

I’ve only seen one poster who said he hoped for QB1 to take back over. If you’re going to claim 2/3 of the posters you’re going to need to back that up. I guess it’s hard to see the truth when you’re looking down your nose at everyone else.
Careful, he's a member of the "Circle of Excellence". He has the illuminati on his side.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:30 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:59 pm
Football back then in your days doesn't count, I mean Charlotte, Coastal, Ga State didn't even have teams then. App was beating the fake Military academies VMI and Citadel and playing for some jug of water over the western mountain ridge game. The 1AA teams in the 2000's decade don't even count for me only about 4 teams you have to beat to win a National Title.

Saint and the LincolLawyer probably wants Clark to bring back the single T formation or the wishbone.

Welcome to the ignore list. Why would anyone take you serious going forward.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:31 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Going on a hiatus. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

And Boone is more the Breckinridge of the East. A little further away from the slopes and with a kickass University.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:23 pm

hapapp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
LOL. I honestly prefer those raise their standards instead of leaving but I think you will find out that the very top of our program (Gillin) won't stand for it to become a norm in Boone. 6-6 is an awfully embarrassing year and not the standard. I know Shawn Clark would also tell you that being a losing program or just average is not okay either. I certainly know our top boosters would back me up in that sentiment.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:31 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

That is not completely true. You do realize that the entire Sun Belt but Southern Miss was I-AA/FCS at one point right? Even those teams who started football did spend at least 1 year in it. About 80% of the current G5 were once I-AA/FCS and a lot of them were NAIA or D2 at one point.

I would not put down the SoCon of the 90s because it was a tough, tough league. Marshall, App, Furman, and Georgia Southern were among the top 15 programs in all of I-AA football back then. Also, Shawn Clark played in the 90s and was one of the best OL to ever suit up for us. If we could get a fully healthy 22 year old Shawn Clark he would have started on today's team easily.

I think we are all suppose to be Team App State! There is not one person who is more important than the program as a whole and you are talking to someone who knows and likes Shawn a lot. I am just not going to be loyal to one man over our program. Our program matters more than any one person's job security.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:42 pm

Better gameday decisions need to be made to put our talented team in the position where 3 bad plays don't lose a game..... 1-0

Beat ULM

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:48 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:23 pm
hapapp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
LOL. I honestly prefer those raise their standards instead of leaving but I think you will find out that the very top of our program (Gillin) won't stand for it to become a norm in Boone. 6-6 is an awfully embarrassing year and not the standard. I know Shawn Clark would also tell you that being a losing program or just average is not okay either. I certainly know our top boosters would back me up in that sentiment.
Gillin would not be retained if 6-6 became the norm .HCSC would precede him out the door but Gillin doesn't set the standards , others do and they are higher than "average".

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:20 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:48 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:23 pm
hapapp wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

Gillin would not be retained if 6-6 became the norm .HCSC would precede him out the door but Gillin doesn't set the standards , others do and they are higher than "average".
Indeed. My point is that Gillin would not just sit on a coach who can't win. He will make the decision to move on. He knows that we are only relevant if we win. When you hear ESPN talk about us they mention the "Giant Killers" and that is our brand of beating giants and winning titles. If we don't do any of that we have no brand and thus are not valuable. We have some boosters and people on the BOT that would indeed not put up with it.

This is why I said if someone is just fine with being average and losing that those folks better change their attitude or get out because that is just not okay.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:05 am

Finally finished this thread. I find it hilarious that so many are complaining about kicking the FG and getting points. Last season many complained about the exact opposite. We rarely used Hughes at all and often went for it on 4th down in FG range and did not convert, missing out on points that ultimately would have won the game. This forum lost it in those situations, now we have posters begging for that same behavior. We have posters clamoring for the use of more analytics when last season we bemoaned Clark for using too much analytics instead of having a feel for the game. Fact is that Clark had our team ready to play and but for a few mistakes from some young kids we win the game. I am not a fan of the conservative play calling to end the game but I realize it was the right thing to do. We burned the clock and had we made 1 more first down, we win the game. Even without that first down, we still have a shot at the FG with a 5 point lead against a team that hasn't moved the ball against us all night except for 1 play and less than 2 minutes to play. It literally took a play that had NEVER happened in their program before for them to take the lead. Even with that, we still drive the ball down the field and give us a chance to win the game. Sadly, we didn't execute but we were in position. Anyone who doesn't see this team is much better than last year isn't paying attention. Clark is continuing to learn and grow as a coach, he will get it together. I was at App when Jerry Moore started, he is a legend now but in his first 4-5 years he was far from that. Our counterparts were winning National Titles and we were lucky to get beat in the first round of the playoffs. Well, we stuck with him and in year 7 we go undefeated and but for some unfortunate late season injuries we probably would have won our first Natty. Shawn will continue to improve and all our young kids will be studs next season. The future is bright if you all just take your shades off.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:08 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:47 am
Losing to a team that we physically dominated all night long is the definition of being out coached. Clark was outcoached. I said last week that I liked some of what I was seeing from the staff, but I was cautiously optimistic. Last night showed me more of the same from the last few seasons that made me doubt them. Again, I love Clark as a man, but App State is failing under is leadership. We have to start assuming that he will be too prideful to step aside and prepare ourselves for the tough decision to fire one of our own.
The fact that the other coach..."out coached us". He won with a blocked field goal return. I doubt that was the other coaches plan.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:57 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:42 pm
Better gameday decisions need to be made to put our talented team in the position where 3 bad plays don't lose a game..... 1-0

Beat ULM
There were more than 3 bad plays. A muffed punt followed by a punt return where we didn’t even try to make a fair catch. Kanye pulling up with a cramp in the open field (bad for us), three batted down balls on passes into the flat, qb passing instead of taking the easy rushing yards, the 2nd backwards pass attempt. Getting tackled at the 15 on a kick return

That’s not knocking our team. The point is, we didn’t play a perfect game, other than thee plays. And, we often overcame bad field position.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:08 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Blasphemy

This program wasn't built in the last few years
BLACK SATURDAY

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:08 am

I went back and watched the play where JA threw the int. Noel was covered, the screen pass wasn't available. Instead of slinging it in the stands JA threw it up for grabs. TERRIBLE mistake that should be known by every QB even at the high school level. Sorry but I'm not sold that JA is QB1 and I think Burger should have a shot at winning the starting job when he's healthy or at least get some playing time to work his way back.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 am

appstate5 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:08 am
I went back and watched the play where JA threw the int. Noel was covered, the screen pass wasn't available. Instead of slinging it in the stands JA threw it up for grabs. TERRIBLE mistake that should be known by every QB even at the high school level. Sorry but I'm not sold that JA is QB1 and I think Burger should have a shot at winning the starting job when he's healthy or at least get some playing time to work his way back.
Why wouldn't he?
BLACK SATURDAY

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:15 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:30 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Welcome to the ignore list. Why would anyone take you serious going forward.
Borderline warrants a ban. He’s an obvious troll

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”