Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wyoming Discussion

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:37 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:23 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:16 am
appstatealum wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:11 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:57 am
On the replay I saw, there were two defensive players coming at JA fast and almost in his face as he released. He didn't have any time to wait. He tried to get it out, which was the right thing to do. He was back peddling to avoid blitz. He has as much arm strength as you will see in QB but due to the above just didn't get quite enough on it and LB was dropping back to cover. If JA had just a little more on it we probably get a completion or TD. All of that was split second and JA's decision was not a bad one. You have to give Wyoming a pat on back for calling their play and executing on it. It was all a fraction of this/that that makes or breaks a play like that and it went in their favor. It was a reasonable play call on our part and if it worked SC and our team are heroes. As it ended Wyoming looked great.
If it had worked and we won, I still would have the same concerns as I do today. Same issue I had after the Troy game last year- we shouldn't be in positions where one play makes or breaks us against lesser teams.
Wyoming was favored by the pros in Vegas, not a lesser team

APP won the stats battle but lost the game.
I don't get the lesser team talk also. They played a tougher schedule than we have and had the same record. They don't play a pretty style of football, but they play a style that keeps the game close and gives them a chance. Troy ended up winning the conference...
Vegas, especially in CFB at the G5 level is (no pun intended) a crap shoot. They also had Dolphins as a 6pt favorite over the Broncos. Eye test said we were the much better team. Going into the game, we can have a gameplan , but when an opponent shows their weakness and you don't pivot, you get what happened Saturday.
The Appalachian State

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:02 pm

Hey 89 to follow the 24 hour rule I stated this discussion and its now time to move on to crushing the War Hawks souls and Dreams. Can we please close this thread down? I'd like to let it go now thank you. :D

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”