Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Noon Kickoff article-WSJ

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Noon Kickoff article-WSJ

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 am

AppDawg wrote:I would venture the % of the 100,000 residents of Greenville/ Spartanburg that are clemson Alumni is much much higher than the % of App Alumni in the area you describe.
There are 475k people in Greenville County alone. 1.4 million in the Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson MSA.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:13 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:I would venture the % of the 100,000 residents of Greenville/ Spartanburg that are clemson Alumni is much much higher than the % of App Alumni in the area you describe.
There are 475k people in Greenville County alone. 1.4 million in the Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson MSA.
Good to know. I was looking much more narrowly at just the individual city populations.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:37 pm

All I know is 35,000 were able to make it into KBS for Miami two weeks ago. It's all about how badly people want to be at the game. For a historic match-up people wanted to be there no matter the kickoff. For a game against GSU a lot of people make up excuses, because they don't really care about the opponent.

We have a good number of people that show up no matter the opposition, but we have to figure out a way to grow that number of diehards each year. There will always be a number of casual fans that will cause attendance to fluctuate, but hopefully we can get the base to go from around 20K to 30K. Knocking off P5 teams may be the only way to make that happen.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

appstfan

Unread post by appstfan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Good points ..JT. BTW..the GSU game was really more important than the Miami game.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm

As someone quoted in the article, I think I'm saying (& said) what everyone on here is saying. 'The dedicated fans will be there regardless of the time.' But in my case, my teenage daughter and wife aren't diehards. They're going to choose to sleep in and watch the game on ESPN3 instead of driving from the Triangle.

Like the earlier posters have all said, it's on us diehards to bring new fans and 'inactive' alumni up the mountain. I've been to 4 of the 5 games this year and have brought a minimum of 3 casual fans to games with me. We all play a part in growing our base to a new level. Whining about start times doesn't help, but blindly wondering why isn't anyone here and what is the school going to do about it isn't the answer. We all play a role in the solution.

I challenge each of you to bring at least 1 inactive alumni or first timer to Boone between now and the end of the season. If you need a place to tailgate send me a DM and I'll let you know where you can find me and my crew. Everyone is always welcome! Except of course the crazy Miami guy who "has his shades on"...that dude was scary!

See you at Homecoming...or At The Top of The Rock...or whatever...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”