Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SunBelt Football Champions ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

SunBelt Football Champions ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:42 am

Ah, ye of so little faith only 2 short weeks ago ---

'All of us are bummed to not have a shot at an 8-0 record - HOWEVER, there is still a shot at a SunBelt championship - Troy or Ark St is going to lose on Thursday night and then I believe both have 2 more games after that - Who knows??? - I'm sure the Holes didn't expect VT to lose at home to GT - nobody expected Clemson to lose at home to Pitt - Ohio State didn't expect Michigan to lose at Iowa - nobody in the PAC12 expected Washington to lose at home - SEC fans didn't think Auburn would lose to UGA --- "

Yes, it is I --- The King of Lollipop Guild Land, Mr. Pie in the Sky, Coach Glass is Half Full (even when it 3/4 empty) and Positive Thinking costs you Nothing and might just help --- :D
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rick83
School: Appalachian State

Re: SunBelt Football Champions ---

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:51 am

WVAPPeer wrote:Ah, ye of so little faith only 2 short weeks ago ---

'All of us are bummed to not have a shot at an 8-0 record - HOWEVER, there is still a shot at a SunBelt championship - Troy or Ark St is going to lose on Thursday night and then I believe both have 2 more games after that - Who knows??? - I'm sure the Holes didn't expect VT to lose at home to GT - nobody expected Clemson to lose at home to Pitt - Ohio State didn't expect Michigan to lose at Iowa - nobody in the PAC12 expected Washington to lose at home - SEC fans didn't think Auburn would lose to UGA --- "

Yes, it is I --- The King of Lollipop Guild Land, Mr. Pie in the Sky, Coach Glass is Half Full (even when it 3/4 empty) and Positive Thinking costs you Nothing and might just help --- :D
Dude, we're champions NOW, this team that's been through so much will get rings!! We're guaranteed a share of the title and it can only get better if GSU beats Troy and if Tx State pulls a miracle upset over stAte. Amazing accomplishment in year 3 of our FBS transition. It's unlikely that either Troy or stAte loses again but college football is full of craziness. Perhaps GSU will end on a positive note with an upset over Troy and perhaps stAte will be road-weary (3rd road game in a row) and emotionally drained and will get pounded by Withers & company...then we'll have it all to ourselves. However, a tip of Yosef's hat to this 2016 Moutaineer team for not giving up and claiming a share of the championship!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Winning or even sharing a D1 FBS Football Conference Championship this soon is a fantastic accomplishment. To put it in perspective, the last time a football conference championship was won by either UNC or NC State, Jimmy Carter was president,
Congratulations to the players, coaches, and ALL of APP Nation. Let's go bowling!

Novaapp

Unread post by Novaapp » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:23 pm

LOL WVA!!

I kept thinking about your post after you wrote it. At first, after the heartbreaking 4th down in the Troy game, I didn't want to read it. But, piece by piece, the pieces of your brilliant prognostication kept falling into place. You, alone, had the gumption to point out the narrow-yet-still-mathematically-possible path to the co-championship. And, you nailed it!!!!!!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Novaapp wrote:LOL WVA!!

I kept thinking about your post after you wrote it. At first, after the heartbreaking 4th down in the Troy game, I didn't want to read it. But, piece by piece, the pieces of your brilliant prognostication kept falling into place. You, alone, had the gumption to point out the narrow-yet-still-mathematically-possible path to the co-championship. And, you nailed it!!!!!!!!
Akshully, those of us who done good in grad stastistics already ciphered this out for ourselves (like me).

Course, maybe you're being sarcastic. If so, please use yer sarcasm font next time.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:59 am

I took it to mean he was giving WVAppeer props for his optimism. Lots of us knew what had to happen, not sure how many counted on it.

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:59 am

Shame a APP STATE and NC State match-up could not be arranged.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:11 am

hapapp wrote:I took it to mean he was giving WVAppeer props for his optimism. Lots of us knew what had to happen, not sure how many counted on it.
Yes, hapapp, that is how I took it --- you remember all doom and gloom after that Troy game - as you know, we had some who wanted no part of a shared championship and I also pointed out my experience in the difference between being a co-CHAMPION and finishing in 2nd place - I will take CHAMPIONS every time ---

It is truly amazing how far this team has come in 2 1/2 years - from being ranked in the "Bottom 10" to being somewhere in the "Top 35" - just in the jump in theoretical rankings of about 85-90 spots but actually on the field with winning 26-5 (I believe) in the last 31 games - IT IS TRULY AN OUTSTANDING ACCOMPLISHMENT ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:21 am

Well said WVAPPeer! I won't mention how I was preaching the same gospel (you can check back on my posts) and even posted my irritation about those that wanted Troy to win out (as opposed to them losing and opening a chance for us to share the title) in order for the Sun Belt to look better, but I won't bring that up...Let's just enjoy our championship and I hope Troy and stAte stumble again in their last games this week just for good measure. One poster prognosticated a less than 1% chance (LOL) of either Troy or stAte losing either of their last 2 games. Can't wait until Sunday for the bowl announcement. Congrats to the APPS!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:27 am

Yep Rick - there were a few of us --- I never could understand the reasoning as to how Troy winning out would help us??? - Once into the Bowl season, sure, I will hope every SB team wins --- but not when they are ahead of me in the conference standings :? :? :?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:36 am

I think most folks said, if it wasn't going to be us, then they preferred Troy winning as opposed to StAte. Also, I think folks hoped that Troy beat StAte and then GA Southern beat Troy. I don't think anyone completely resigned to Troy or StAte being the champ. Given the alternative between Troy and StAte, I preferred Troy being the champ. That scenario would come into play if we weren't going to be part of the championship. To be honest, the odds weren't with us. But, as you pointed out upsets happen every week and we got our wish with Louisiana's win. In retrospect, the odds were better for us if StAte beat Troy and then StAte lose to LA on the road. Obviously, it worked out better for us not to have to rely on Southern to beat Troy.

Novaapp

Unread post by Novaapp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:48 am

Yes, yes, to WVA and all - that was how I intended it, to give props to him (and, WVA, to your great post). And, to all those who likewise predicted or somehow saw a path to a co-championship, props to you as well.

One of the benefits of the step up, to me, is discovering other teams and establishing new rivalries. Who knew I'd be madly pulling for U La La a few years ago. What fun!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:02 am

That last play for stAte where their QB slung the ball backwards as a lateral and one of their players picked it up and ran it in to the end zone was such a crushing moment...like my life the season passing before my eyes...until I saw the replay and it was obvious his knee was down but then to have to wait for the official review was excruciating.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:03 am

Novaapp wrote:Yes, yes, to WVA and all - that was how I intended it, to give props to him (and, WVA, to your great post). And, to all those who likewise predicted or somehow saw a path to a co-championship, props to you as well.

One of the benefits of the step up, to me, is discovering other teams and establishing new rivalries. Who knew I'd be madly pulling for U La La a few years ago. What fun!
I remember responding to someone who said they did not want to share a title, my response was basically, a ring is a ring . . . I personally was pulling for anyone who could help us get that ring

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

Rick83 wrote:That last play for stAte where their QB slung the ball backwards as a lateral and one of their players picked it up and ran it in to the end zone was such a crushing moment...like my life the season passing before my eyes...until I saw the replay and it was obvious his knee was down but then to have to wait for the official review was excruciating.
Ditto.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:19 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
hapapp wrote:I took it to mean he was giving WVAppeer props for his optimism. Lots of us knew what had to happen, not sure how many counted on it.
Yes, hapapp, that is how I took it --- you remember all doom and gloom after that Troy game - as you know, we had some who wanted no part of a shared championship and I also pointed out my experience in the difference between being a co-CHAMPION and finishing in 2nd place - I will take CHAMPIONS every time ---

It is truly amazing how far this team has come in 2 1/2 years - from being ranked in the "Bottom 10" to being somewhere in the "Top 35" - just in the jump in theoretical rankings of about 85-90 spots but actually on the field with winning 26-5 (I believe) in the last 31 games - IT IS TRULY AN OUTSTANDING ACCOMPLISHMENT ---
I understand. And, I agree with you 100%.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:36 am

These seniors went through a lot during the transition and I'm sure this Championship is really sweet! I'm proud as heck of this team and especially the seniors.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 am

Rick83 wrote:That last play for stAte where their QB slung the ball backwards as a lateral and one of their players picked it up and ran it in to the end zone was such a crushing moment...like my life the season passing before my eyes...until I saw the replay and it was obvious his knee was down but then to have to wait for the official review was excruciating.
Do you know where I can get that replay? - I didn't watch the game but was reading the posts on here about it ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:06 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Do you know where I can get that replay? - I didn't watch the game but was reading the posts on here about it ---
Doesn't ESPN3 archive the games?

My connection was pretty bad, but I thought his knee hit when I first saw it.

It was, however, one he!! of an ending to the ballgame.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:09 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Should be on ESPN 3. I watched the final 10 minutes on replay Saturday evening.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”