Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

5 Years later and....

eggers76
School: Appalachian State

5 Years later and....

Unread post by eggers76 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:22 am

the excuse finally comes out, Michigan players were "stoned" during the "All Time Upset". :roll:

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolv ... -10-2-3043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpeedkingATL

Re: 5 Years later and....

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 am

If I were a Michigan player I would have gotten stoned AFTER the App loss knowing that App layed 34 on me and Oregon was coming the next week with a similar offense with more size and weapons. Against Oregon they truly played like they were stoned or hungover. Me thinks it was an App hangover!! :mrgreen:

pkasu

Unread post by pkasu » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 am

Not sure I believe this… even if “some” of the starters were stoned or not playing well… They are Michigan… their second and third teams have 4 and 5 start recruits on them. They just lost to a faster and better prepared team. The loss the next week proved that their old style of football doesn’t work in the college level. It is proven today as they now have a QB that looks and smells like AE. What is the old saying… “if you can’t beat them, join them”?

ZTABabyMtnr

Unread post by ZTABabyMtnr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:44 pm

I saw this on FB today and was just coming in to post it. Personally, I think what's most telling is that this player said the coaches had no game plan for App and they watched no game tape of them.

What it boils down to is, Michigan thought they could beat App State with its hands tied behind its back and made no effort to prepare. Getting stoned on game day, if it happened, just ties into that attitude. Glad the Mountaineers proved them wrong. :D

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 am

In 1998, Atlanta Falcons lost the Super Bowl after Eugene Robinson was arrested for soliciting a prostitute the night before game.

Players do stupid things before games ALL the time. So What. How many teams attend parties the night before games and go out the next day and perform? Happens all the time. Sounds like just one more excuse to me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”