Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Camelia Bowl viewers

CornCobPipes
School: Appalachian State

Camelia Bowl viewers

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 pm

WBTV giving us some good props recently promoting us and our upcoming matchup with Toledo in the Camelia Bowl.

My question is to all that wish to reply is how many folks do you know that plan to watch the game on TV that aren't normal die hard App fans nor Alums?... ( Sad thing is we have the competition of the UNC vs Kentucky basketball game )

I will start off with 7 folks I know.
KICK ASS!!!

1ASU78

Re: Camelia Bowl viewers

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Maybe a dozen. Going to party & it will be on!

appfan83

Unread post by appfan83 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Well I first was going to travel to the in-laws to watch with father-in law, however he has a terrible cold. So I'm watching from the Franklin Drive Field Annex in Row 1 Seat 3 all by my lonesome until Honey-lamb comes home from 12 hours in the barrel (work) and we'll be in seats 1 and 3. She may end up in sprawled out across Row LS covered up and likely asleep before the game ends, that is if I don't wake her up with all my shouting at big time plays going on. GO APPS, FIGHT APPS, KICK ASS.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:10 am

appfan83 wrote:Well I first was going to travel to the in-laws to watch with father-in law, however he has a terrible cold. So I'm watching from the Franklin Drive Field Annex in Row 1 Seat 3 all by my lonesome until Honey-lamb comes home from 12 hours in the barrel (work) and we'll be in seats 1 and 3. She may end up in sprawled out across Row LS covered up and likely asleep before the game ends, that is if I don't wake her up with all my shouting at big time plays going on. GO APPS, FIGHT APPS, KICK ASS.
It's not too late, call the ticket office, get yourself a ticket and hop on the charter bus with 40 of your closest friends.

appfan83

Unread post by appfan83 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:34 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
appfan83 wrote:Well I first was going to travel to the in-laws to watch with father-in law, however he has a terrible cold. So I'm watching from the Franklin Drive Field Annex in Row 1 Seat 3 all by my lonesome until Honey-lamb comes home from 12 hours in the barrel (work) and we'll be in seats 1 and 3. She may end up in sprawled out across Row LS covered up and likely asleep before the game ends, that is if I don't wake her up with all my shouting at big time plays going on. GO APPS, FIGHT APPS, KICK ASS.
It's not too late, call the ticket office, get yourself a ticket and hop on the charter bus with 40 of your closest friends.
I need to send you a picture of my feet and you would understand why I haven't be to a App football game since Homecoming 2006.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:01 am

I sent the blurb to all my friends and family email contacts - many of them watched our game last year and I'm sure many will watch again - hell I pester them so much about APP football I think some watched initially just so I wouldn't harass them - however, I can say without question we have many new fans of APP football

My cousin owns a restaurant and bar in Telluride and is an Alabama fan (took his son to championship game last year) and he has been following APP for several years because of me and says he will always have the APP game on in his place !!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

MtnDevil95

Unread post by MtnDevil95 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:11 am

I know of 7-8 other households that will have the game on Saturday evening, including my brother-in-law in Vancouver, British Columbia, and a couple friends in Regina, Saskatchewan. I'm guessing that Ed Gainey and Armanti Edwards may not be in Canada for the holidays, but I've converted a couple folks up that way, and they'll be tuning in to watch the Black & Gold!
“When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows.”

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:08 am

WVAPPeer wrote:I sent the blurb to all my friends and family email contacts - many of them watched our game last year and I'm sure many will watch again - hell I pester them so much about APP football I think some watched initially just so I wouldn't harass them - however, I can say without question we have many new fans of APP football

My cousin owns a restaurant and bar in Telluride and is an Alabama fan (took his son to championship game last year) and he has been following APP for several years because of me and says he will always have the APP game on in his place !!!
The Asst GM of the Sheraton in Telluride is an App grad. He says he goes to a bar there for all the App games. I'll bet it is your cousin's place!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:36 am

appfan83 wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:
I need to send you a picture of my feet and you would understand why I haven't be to a App football game since Homecoming 2006.
I'm sure it kills you to not be able to attend, so just dream about it and we'll yell an extra time or two for you.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 am

SpeedkingATL wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:I sent the blurb to all my friends and family email contacts - many of them watched our game last year and I'm sure many will watch again - hell I pester them so much about APP football I think some watched initially just so I wouldn't harass them - however, I can say without question we have many new fans of APP football

The Asst GM of the Sheraton in Telluride is an App grad. He says he goes to a bar there for all the App games. I'll bet it is your cousin's place!
WOW - now that is cool - his place is OAK - The New Fat Alley -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Got about 10 relatives in Ft Thomas KY that will be flipping back and forth between the hoops and us. They all went to UK, Louisville or NKU

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:47 pm

SpeedkingATL wrote:

Speedking - my cousin/his wife would like to know who the APP grad is ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Speedking - if you friend's first name is Dan - see my cousin's response below ---
---------------------
N-

Hey,

We will have the game on for sure. Dan and I have talked a lot about Appalachian football. I'm just bummed that football is almost over. Recruiting season is year round though.

R-
Go APP - Roll Tide
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”