Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Liberty to FBS

App91
School: Appalachian State

Re: Liberty to FBS

Unread post by App91 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:07 am

NO.2 wrote:
appstate77 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:That Turner Gill quote in the press release...[/quote

I 've been in the ministry 46 years....and that quote is rubbing it in a bit thick.....almost to the point of creating a negative witness.

The only person with the credentials to rub it on that thick is this guy. Boogity Boogity.
G.O.A.T.!!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:44 am

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:55 am

I'm a christian (it's still okay to be that in today's world I believe), but I don't believe in everything that Liberty does either.

However, I don't have a problem scheduling any FBS program to a home and home. We can't expect others to extend a hand if we aren't willing to do the same.

I'm not saying seek them out, but avoidance wouldn't be the Appalachian that helped make me who I am today.

app87

Unread post by app87 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

Saint3333 wrote:I'm a christian (it's still okay to be that in today's world I believe), but I don't believe in everything that Liberty does either.

However, I don't have a problem scheduling any FBS program to a home and home. We can't expect others to extend a hand if we aren't willing to do the same.

I'm not saying seek them out, but avoidance wouldn't be the Appalachian that helped make me who I am today.
My son attends Liberty for their School of Aeronautics and I have nothing but positive things to say about the school and the degree he is pursuing. And yes I'm a Christian too. If App had this major, I would have him there because I love my Mountaineers! He always wanted to fly and get a degree so this was a great fit. I'm all for App playing them and creating a good rivalry with a university so close in proximity now that they are FBS.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:27 am

I also have no problem playing them home and home. We are talking about a football game not going to church with them or going to class with them or any of the other reasons I hear ( and not just from us). I know a few Liberty grads who are pretty sharp folks and some who I think are a card short of a deck. Do we have any APP grads a card short of a deck? Be honest now. My opinion though is just based on a football game. It is a hell of a lot closer than most of our away games.

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

Saint3333 wrote:I'm a christian (it's still okay to be that in today's world I believe), but I don't believe in everything that Liberty does either.

I agree. I'm not too worried about getting cooties from teams we play. If that were the case I'd be upset about the UNCheat rumors.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 pm

I am a Christian and have no problem with any university because of their faith. However, whenever a Christian university, led by a Falwell, becomes so zealous about football that they hire an Athletic Director, who unapologetically covered up 52 acts of rape by 31 football players over just a four year period of time, I see major red flags with the institution. If football is that important to legitimizing (not promoting) your university, you might want to take a harder look at everything outside of the stadium walls.

As for playing them, I'd love to administer some serious payback for our last meeting, but would be just as happy to never see them in KBS.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 pm

CVAPP wrote:I suspect we will see them on our schedule again. Not as a conference foe, but OOC.
I'd be fine with it. We owe them a whooping for the last meet up.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:22 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
CVAPP wrote:I suspect we will see them on our schedule again. Not as a conference foe, but OOC.
I'd be fine with it. We owe them a whooping for the last meet up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbxUe-S2V8

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 pm

I'd say let's play'em and put the fear of God in'em.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

moonshine wrote:I'm not against scheduling the Flames for a H&H at some point since they'd be another regional FBS opponent that App fans could easily attend as well as the Liberty fans fulfilling their ticket allotment in KBS.

Gonzo wrote:Creation science isn't FBS-level science.
Their AD choice is worse than their science! I am opposed to scheduling the Flames so long as McCaw is there. I hope Gillin never extends him an olive branch that gives him an ounce of success in his job. I don't care how "godly" Falwell believes he is!
I am sorry I have only one upvote to give.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 pm

mtnjax wrote:Good luck with scheduling and having any kind of home games
Liberty has money to pay, a city that would literally do anything for them, a recognizable "brand" (of sorts), and with the right administration in place they can easily out pace other independent moves such as WKU and now UMASS.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Who wants to bet that Liberty schedules a home game with a P5 team before Georgia Southern?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we see them on schedule as we play them in many other sports. By the same token, I wouldn't be heartbroken if we never see them on the schedule.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Couldn't be any worse than scheduling Baylor!!!!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:40 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:I am a Christian and have no problem with any university because of their faith. However, whenever a Christian university, led by a Falwell, becomes so zealous about football that they hire an Athletic Director, who unapologetically covered up 52 acts of rape by 31 football players over just a four year period of time, I see major red flags with the institution. If football is that important to legitimizing (not promoting) your university, you might want to take a harder look at everything outside of the stadium walls.

As for playing them, I'd love to administer some serious payback for our last meeting, but would be just as happy to never see them in KBS.
I'm of the same opinion. I do not want App State to schedule Liberty because they have shown that football is more important than the safety of their female students in the name of Evangelicalism.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:59 pm

T-Dog wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:I am a Christian and have no problem with any university because of their faith. However, whenever a Christian university, led by a Falwell, becomes so zealous about football that they hire an Athletic Director, who unapologetically covered up 52 acts of rape by 31 football players over just a four year period of time, I see major red flags with the institution. If football is that important to legitimizing (not promoting) your university, you might want to take a harder look at everything outside of the stadium walls.

I'm of the same opinion. I do not want App State to schedule Liberty because they have shown that football is more important than the safety of their female students in the name of Evangelicalism.
If we have no problem with Penn State, we should have no problem with Liberty. At least in this particular debate.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:21 pm

wb247 wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

If we have no problem with Penn State, we should have no problem with Liberty. At least in this particular debate.
Penn State has gotten rid of the people responsible for their problems. Liberty went out and hired the guy at least partly responsible for Baylor's problems. That is the difference to me.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:42 pm

I wouldn't have a problem playing them, and I would prefer to play over a lot of MAC teams or UMass. They're close by and will bring a good crowd. They also have a nice stadium with plans to expand so it would be an easy trip for our fans. The AD hire was questionable, but who knows how long that guy will be there.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:37 pm

JTApps1 wrote:I wouldn't have a problem playing them, and I would prefer to play over a lot of MAC teams or UMass. They're close by and will bring a good crowd. They also have a nice stadium with plans to expand so it would be an easy trip for our fans. The AD hire was questionable, but who knows how long that guy will be there.
The guy who thought it was a good idea to hire him will probably be around for quite a while, though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”