Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tailgate Survey

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Tailgate Survey

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:57 am

Rekdiver wrote:
appaneer1984 wrote:We're a blue collar school with majority blue collar fan base, or at least blue collar mentality and adding the VIP tailgating, to me, is very hoity toity and that's not who we are in my opinion
DG is asking and not accepting the status quo. Perfect. Pushing the envelope. Awesome. I love the idea and if it improves the experience for some Im all for it. And it's never too corporate. This is a business and we finally have a CEO who knows how to run one. Ask, experiment and succeed. I see A mini-corporate village who invites customers!!! Do it Doug!!!!!!
Troy had a setup similar to this just outside of their stadium last year with somewhere around 10 large tents setup. It was a pretty nice setup with a ton of people participating. I don't think it took anything away from the tailgate scene as some have said.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Wed May 03, 2017 5:51 pm

We are one of those "once or twice" a season fans due to distance and the kids weekend commitments. Our usual game day tradition is not tailgating rather it's lunch and browsing the shops downtown. If the food/admittance to such a hospitality tent set up on Sanford Mall was comparable to a lunch out, we would strongly consider it.

JonW

Unread post by JonW » Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 pm

I really never understood why we do not utilize Sanford mall as a tailgate space as well. I get that parking is incredibly limited there, and this may be why it is not utilized during game day as a tailgating venue. However, I think the option should be available, especially for those parking in the young alumni lots. Have a couple of people help to move tailgate gear from cars to the mall & again with breakdown. Charge a nominal fee per tailgate spot to cover the additional labor overhead of shuttling the gear. I would have to imagine that the scramble for good spots in the decks or along the road would decrease.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 03, 2017 8:52 pm

HBTApps wrote:It would also be nice if they could figure out a daycare during the games. They could make it yosef club members only or charge what they want to justify it, many of us would pay it. Partner up with a third party, doesn't matter, but it would definitely help attendance and keep family's connected with the school during the years where travel is tough.
That 2-5 range is difficult to keep engaged for the entire game and especially difficult for all ages when it's extra cold or raining. I have a lot of friends that would make it to more games with something like this.
We should have enough early childhood ed majors that might like to pick up some $. Then again, I am not sure if my daughter would be willing to give up any games for the small amount she might make for a few hours.

It would be worth looking into. There are always some students that just don't care for football in KBS, as hard as that is to believe.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Thu May 04, 2017 6:47 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
HBTApps wrote:It would also be nice if they could figure out a daycare during the games. They could make it yosef club members only or charge what they want to justify it, many of us would pay it. Partner up with a third party, doesn't matter, but it would definitely help attendance and keep family's connected with the school during the years where travel is tough.
That 2-5 range is difficult to keep engaged for the entire game and especially difficult for all ages when it's extra cold or raining. I have a lot of friends that would make it to more games with something like this.
We should have enough early childhood ed majors that might like to pick up some $. Then again, I am not sure if my daughter would be willing to give up any games for the small amount she might make for a few hours.

It would be worth looking into. There are always some students that just don't care for football in KBS, as hard as that is to believe.
One request of our admin, if something is done to address the above suggestion, whatever it is please don't put in a stupid "field of dreams" like Georgia southern did. That thing looks hideous.

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:09 pm

My suggestion is to have a golf cart that sells Ice. I know it is something small but I would be much more willing to buy from the school than a gas station if I knew it was always available.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri May 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Did a story on the survey yesterday. Some interesting nuggets.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/a ... 111e3.html

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 am

Living in Florida, I generally only make 1 game a year and this set up would work perfect for me. It gives people who don't make every game an opportunity to tailgate without having to pack and carry a bunch of gear up the mountain. If I were a season ticket holder, like most of you are, than it wouldn't make much sense because I would have a consistent parking pass and know the people around me and would never consider not tailgating on our own. But since that is not my situation, I think the idea is a great option and something that I would consider. Truthfully, I could see this being a big success and improving the game day experience for many.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”