Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New video board

HBTApps
School: Appalachian State

Re: New video board

Unread post by HBTApps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 pm

I noticed that too. I know it's going to be huge, but it was fun to really be able to start and see how big it really is going to be... Not being a rendering.

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:54 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:I like both block A's.. wouldn't of mattered if it was black or white I think it would of been gorgeous regardless!! Glad the white A will be on it tho matches the rest of the facilties! Black A will be around for a long time might as well get used to it! It's used as a recruiting tool and it's worked very well so far even tho that's not the main part of it just a small part but that stuff matters!!

Can't wait to see this beautiful board at The Rock!!

Go App
Is the black A really used as a recruiting tool? Uniforms, yes, but even then a white block A on a helmet would be a doubtful deciding factor.

Didn't say it's the big difference that flips a kid to app.but little things like updated jerseys updated logos that little stuff matters not that a kid went wow they went to a black A I'm going there lol it's just a minuscule detail that makes a difference in 2017 kids are just different these days but once again it's a very very minor detail to lure a kid to app.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Appstate3481 wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:I like both block A's.. wouldn't of mattered if it was black or white I think it would of been gorgeous regardless!! Glad the white A will be on it tho matches the rest of the facilties! Black A will be around for a long time might as well get used to it! It's used as a recruiting tool and it's worked very well so far even tho that's not the main part of it just a small part but that stuff matters!!

Can't wait to see this beautiful board at The Rock!!

Go App
Is the black A really used as a recruiting tool? Uniforms, yes, but even then a white block A on a helmet would be a doubtful deciding factor.

Didn't say it's the big difference that flips a kid to app.but little things like updated jerseys updated logos that little stuff matters not that a kid went wow they went to a black A I'm going there lol it's just a minuscule detail that makes a difference in 2017 kids are just different these days but once again it's a very very minor detail to lure a kid to app.
Alabama and Michigan are in big trouble on the recruiting trail.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Imagine four of the current videoboards together and 15 feet closer. That's what this is going to look like.

BTW, the new ribbon boards that go between the 20's on each side look awesome. Hopefully they'll use them for more than just advertising and put some scores from around CFB and a section just for the scores of the current game up.

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 am

T-Dog wrote:... Hopefully they'll use them for more than just advertising and put some scores from around CFB and a section just for the scores of the current game up.
That's what I'm hoping for as well, stats and scores constantly scrolling on the ribbon boards. So far, since its only advertising I really pay little attention to them.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

Unread post by 8993 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Just as another update: they began to disassemble the old video board today. Additionally, one of the massive beams for the new video board was sitting just behind where the poles will be for the new board, which are now massive concrete blocks. I would have taken pictures, but the stadium was closed for football practice. I'll try to snag a few pictures tomorrow or Friday.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:44 am

So, I believe I head a few months ago that we would have the largest video board in the G5. I wonder if that included what georgia State is now bringing to the table, because that thing is huge.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:27 am

AppOrange wrote:So, I believe I head a few months ago that we would have the largest video board in the G5. I wonder if that included what georgia State is now bringing to the table, because that thing is huge.
I'd like to imagine Shawn trying to beat out his old buddy Scott "Price is Right" style.

"...You said there's is 90' x 50'? Let's go 91' x 51'."

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 am

AppOrange wrote:So, I believe I head a few months ago that we would have the largest video board in the G5. I wonder if that included what georgia State is now bringing to the table, because that thing is huge.
Just like boats, someone always has one bigger.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 am

I wouldn't want a video board that big to highlight the 100 fans at the game.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 am

Last edited by T-Dog on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
I wouldn't want a video board that big to highlight the 100 fans at the game.
I don't know. With 100 or so being there for game, it would be like having your own "big screen" to catch game action on.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 am

I am very excited about this new board. Quick question, is this thing on pace to be finished in time? I know nothing about the building of these boards, but it seems like they have a long way to go. Anyone have any insight on this? GO APPS!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 am

appstate24 wrote:I am very excited about this new board. Quick question, is this thing on pace to be finished in time? I know nothing about the building of these boards, but it seems like they have a long way to go. Anyone have any insight on this? GO APPS!
No idea but I would think that those big ass concrete things in the ground with the rebar would be most of the battle

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am

Colorado State's board in their new stadium opening this fall will also now be quite a bit larger than our new board. It was originally slated to be practically the same size but apparently Panasonic (their provider) came back and told them that they could add another 16 feet in width and another 12 feet in height for the same price as the original quote...so obviously they are proceeding with the larger board.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/ ... 437105001/

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:01 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
appstate24 wrote:I am very excited about this new board. Quick question, is this thing on pace to be finished in time? I know nothing about the building of these boards, but it seems like they have a long way to go. Anyone have any insight on this? GO APPS!
No idea but I would think that those big ass concrete things in the ground with the rebar would be most of the battle
Yes and I'm pretty sure there is a curing process for concrete once poured. Not sure but I think it is
Minimum 10 day to 28 day on curing. So once poured I would think you wouldn't see any other work to Columns till within that time.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 am

Seems like they wouldn't be dismantling old board if they weren't confident it would be done by first home game.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:56 pm

I just hope they know how to work it by the first home game. Figure it will probably come with a bunch of new shiny buttons to figure out... But I know absolutely nothing about that kind of stuff

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

GSU's board is a bigger but it is outdated and will need to be updated as I don't believe it is an HD board. Our board is one of the largest with the type of display it uses. Very few have the definition that ours will have although I'm sure Colorado State will have the same.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:37 pm

bcoach wrote:
Just like boats, someone always has one bigger.

Hear, hear, bcoach!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”