Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New video board

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: New video board

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Now if I start seeing tweets from Gonzo pop up on the new video board I'll show you the proper use of C-4.
:?

Maybe I'll try to get on that board JUST to see you get arrested for terrorism. Obviously I'd expose the plot before you were able to carry out your jihad, save our beloved new board, and be recognized as a hero to Appalachian athletics for years to come.

Also, good to know J-Cline is pro-blowing up the new video board. :? :?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Who said anything about the Board??? :shock:

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Also the use of the t word and the j word has now been flagged by the NSA. All of Gonzo's emails are now on the watch list....

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Who said anything about the Board??? :shock:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
NewApp wrote: I like video boards, but they take away from the real college football atmosphere as well as basketball atmosphere. I like them at pro games, where you are sitting so far from the field that the players look like ants. The video board makes it look like a TV broadcast, which I can see at home in the confines of my recliner. I would much rather hear the BOD than that crap they broadcast ofer the PA system.
Are you serious? That's kind of like saying, I like my new luxury car with all the comfort features but my 1950's sedan is better because I can really feel the road and elements better. I understand your yearning for days of old but I will take the niceties of the 21st century any day. Let me see the replays and everything else about the game day experience brought by modern technology.
Gonzo wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:Now if I start seeing tweets from Gonzo pop up on the new video board I'll show you the proper use of C-4.
:?

Maybe I'll try to get on that board JUST to see you get arrested for terrorism. Obviously I'd expose the plot before you were able to carry out your jihad, save our beloved new board, and be recognized as a hero to Appalachian athletics for years to come.

Also, good to know J-Cline is pro-blowing up the new video board. :? :?
No problem BONZO!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Also the use of the t word and the j word has now been flagged by the NSA. All of Gonzo's emails are now on the watch list....
Right. Those two terms will give my name more heat than typing "jihad" just now.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
NewApp wrote: I like video boards, but they take away from the real college football atmosphere as well as basketball atmosphere. I like them at pro games, where you are sitting so far from the field that the players look like ants. The video board makes it look like a TV broadcast, which I can see at home in the confines of my recliner. I would much rather hear the BOD than that crap they broadcast ofer the PA system.
Are you serious? That's kind of like saying, I like my new luxury car with all the comfort features but my 1950's sedan is better because I can really feel the road and elements better. I understand your yearning for days of old but I will take the niceties of the 21st century any day. Let me see the replays and everything else about the game day experience brought by modern technology.
Wrong. I like the 21st century and video boards but I don't like the interrupting the band with stupid commercials and I don't like having to look to Owens to see the yards to go and down. Gets my head to spinning looking back and forth for no apparent reason. Hopefully everything will be on the new board at once and they'll start respecting the BOD enough not to drown them out. We'll see.
Also, I did like the old board well enough that I would rather have had the million bucks spent for some other urgent need. As for the one in Holmes, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I seldom watch the replays (except for controversial referee calls) because I'm busy looking at what is about to happen on the field and see who is coming in and who is going out.

Either I didn't express myself well or you're just trying to be obnoxious and putting words in my mouth.
Google SUX

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
Wrong. I like the 21st century and video boards but I don't like the interrupting the band with stupid commercials and I don't like having to look to Owens to see the yards to go and down. Gets my head to spinning looking back and forth for no apparent reason. Hopefully everything will be on the new board at once and they'll start respecting the BOD enough not to drown them out. We'll see.
Also, I did like the old board well enough that I would rather have had the million bucks spent for some other urgent need. As for the one in Holmes, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I seldom watch the replays (except for controversial referee calls) because I'm busy looking at what is about to happen on the field and see who is coming in and who is going out.

Either I didn't express myself well or you're just trying to be obnoxious and putting words in my mouth.
Maybe you should watch from that recliner of yours if looking from one end of the field to the other makes you dizzy.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:01 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wrong.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 am

NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:

Maybe you should watch from that recliner of yours if looking from one end of the field to the other makes you dizzy.

It was a joke.
Google SUX

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Any picture updates?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Nothing has really happened in the last week-plus. Just three holes in the ground with machinery sitting around.

They said it would be ready for FanFest on Augst 12, exactly a month from today. There's some work to do.

BTW, the Holmes Center videoboard has been raised and the teams are practicing at the building again.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

AppOrange wrote:Any picture updates?
Piling on, but basically what T Dog said. Nothing happened during the week of the fourth. Seem to be working some more on the middle hole. I can snap a picture and post on twitter, but nothing really had changed.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:22 pm

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Fire in the hole, LMFAO.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Boom! That was funny

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:07 pm

The Rock is Blowing Up!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:53 pm

No warning. Glad I wasn't on campus. Also glad progress is being made.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm

The dampers they used were huge - each several thousand pounds of old tires strapped together. Looked like they had a blast!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 am

Made me think of this classic from MSB......

https://youtu.be/3ZGTNcUeSug

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”