Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New video board

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: New video board

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:00 pm

The Rock wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:If they use dynamite please get the videos! That would be a great watch
If they do dynamite, probably no one will know it. Unless something is done terribly wrong, blasting isn't really conspicuous. There is such a small charge and so much dirt covered you could probably stand on top of the "blast" and be safe.
Don't think you will hear any explosions or see any mushroom clouds coming from KBS
Don't they mostly use C-4 these days anyway?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I just looked up explosives used for commercial drilling use.....too many to choose from! C-4 is military grade plastic explosive isn't it?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I just looked up explosives used for commercial drilling use.....too many to choose from! C-4 is military grade plastic explosive isn't it?

I think it was, but my son-in-law uses it around his farm. But, yes it is malleable like plastic.
Google SUX

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 am

Rekdiver wrote:I just looked up explosives used for commercial drilling use.....too many to choose from! C-4 is military grade plastic explosive isn't it?
Call the Mythbusters, they will blow anything up.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Call me crazy but with that video board sitting on the hill like that does that leave room for possible expansion involving the hill? Replacing the hill with a bowl stands seating concept. Maybe not just looking at the pictures and the future of KBS will not have the hill someday I know the north side of the stadium will get the first step of a expansion just looks like how they are setting things up one day it will be gone

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Appstate3481 wrote:Call me crazy but with that video board sitting on the hill like that does that leave room for possible expansion involving the hill? Replacing the hill with a bowl stands
I think it's more likely that the hill will be moved closer to the field, long term. The hill is a great feature and I'd hate to see it replaced by empty bleachers. I'm not convinced we'd need the extra seats, either. Especially with the North end zone project adding seats.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:02 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:Call me crazy but with that video board sitting on the hill like that does that leave room for possible expansion involving the hill? Replacing the hill with a bowl stands
I think it's more likely that the hill will be moved closer to the field, long term. The hill is a great feature and I'd hate to see it replaced by empty bleachers. I'm not convinced we'd need the extra seats, either. Especially with the North end zone project adding seats.
Agree, the hill adds a lot to our stadium. Great for kids and aesthetically pleasing as well. My only issue is with how far it is from the field. My preference would be to keep it as opposed to bleachers, just somehow move it closer

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:54 am

canes_mj wrote:
SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Agree, the hill adds a lot to our stadium. Great for kids and aesthetically pleasing as well. My only issue is with how far it is from the field. My preference would be to keep it as opposed to bleachers, just somehow move it closer
I don't have any insider information on this subject, but a tiered section of patio seating might work well in this situation if the hill "moves" closer to the field. That's of course, assuming the track is moved.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 am

The new video board can always be moved of course, if the current hill gets re-worked or seats added on that side of the field. I suspect anything happening on that side is way down the road since the north end is the next big expansion...although seems like I remember that more glassed-in boxes will be added there with fewer outside seats so it may not add that much to capacity when you consider the temporary bleacher seats there now will be removed.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 am

Rick83 wrote: I suspect anything happening on that side is way down the road since the north end is the next big expansion...although seems like I remember that more glassed-in boxes will be added there with fewer outside seats so it may not add that much to capacity when you consider the temporary bleacher seats there now will be removed.
At one point earlier I was under the impression the north end zone project would be underway starting this fall, disrupting all the low # stadium lot spaces...anybody "in the know" have an update on that? not sure if the project has even been officially approved?

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:19 am

The video board is in the perfect location. One day The Rock will resemble this very nice little stadium down 421 a few miles.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG

Appstate3481

Unread post by Appstate3481 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 pm

I love the hill and hopefully it doesn't go cause it's such a staple at KBS. Just was asking the question didn't know if that was a long term plan sometime down the road! But I can't wait to see the video board!

Is it football season yet? Can't wait
Go app

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 am

Appstate3481 wrote:I love the hill and hopefully it doesn't go cause it's such a staple at KBS. Just was asking the question didn't know if that was a long term plan sometime down the road! But I can't wait to see the video board!

Go app
I like video boards, but they take away from the real college football atmosphere as well as basketball atmosphere. I like them at pro games, where you are sitting so far from the field that the players look like ants. The video board makes it look like a TV broadcast, which I can see at home in the confines of my recliner. I would much rather hear the BOD than that crap they broadcast ofer the PA system.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:41 am

NewApp wrote:
Appstate3481 wrote:I love the hill and hopefully it doesn't go cause it's such a staple at KBS. Just was asking the question didn't know if that was a long term plan sometime down the road! But I can't wait to see the video board!

Go app
I like video boards, but they take away from the real college football atmosphere as well as basketball atmosphere. I like them at pro games, where you are sitting so far from the field that the players look like ants. The video board makes it look like a TV broadcast, which I can see at home in the confines of my recliner. I would much rather hear the BOD than that crap they broadcast ofer the PA system.
Easy fix: keep your eyes on the field. If you don't look at the scoreboard it can't hurt you.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:44 am

NewApp wrote: I like video boards, but they take away from the real college football atmosphere as well as basketball atmosphere. I like them at pro games, where you are sitting so far from the field that the players look like ants. The video board makes it look like a TV broadcast, which I can see at home in the confines of my recliner. I would much rather hear the BOD than that crap they broadcast ofer the PA system.
Are you serious? That's kind of like saying, I like my new luxury car with all the comfort features but my 1950's sedan is better because I can really feel the road and elements better. I understand your yearning for days of old but I will take the niceties of the 21st century any day. Let me see the replays and everything else about the game day experience brought by modern technology.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:16 am

Gonzo wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Go app
Easy fix: keep your eyes on the field. If you don't look at the scoreboard it can't hurt you.
Umm. I look to see the score, down, etc. out of habit and occasionally look to see if they are showing a replay of a called penalty or no call.. Of course lately you could only see it if you looked at the dinky little scoreboard over Owens. The canned music and advertisements bother me the most.
Google SUX

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 am

I love it all.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:03 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:I love it all.

Good.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Now if I start seeing tweets from Gonzo pop up on the new video board I'll show you the proper use of C-4.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Now if I start seeing tweets from Gonzo pop up on the new video board I'll show you the proper use of C-4.
That would be appreciated.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”