Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Where to tailgate at UGA?

Eggers09
School: Appalachian State

Where to tailgate at UGA?

Unread post by Eggers09 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Does anyone know where the away team tailgate parking lot is? Sounds like there are some University owned parking deck but you cannot tailgate in them. Any suggestions?

ASUBlack Diamond

Re: Where to tailgate at UGA?

Unread post by ASUBlack Diamond » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm

We ended up getting tickets through STUB HUB in the Williams Lot---not cheap btw. I hope we can tailgate there or I am going to have an upset crew. There seem to be a good number of APP folks on the board that are headed to the East Green Street lot but I think that lot may be sold out by now. Come join us in the Williams lot! White GMC Denali with plenty of APP bling--u can't miss it

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:14 pm

We've got 2 car loads parking at the East Green Street lot. Certainly hope we can tailgate there or we're dragging a lot of stuff there for nothing.

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Does anyone know who to call to find out if there are tailgating restrictions? I am in Williams Lot as well and will not be happy if my group will not be able to tailgate after the amount of money we paid for that spot.

JustVisiting
School: Georgia

Unread post by JustVisiting » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:Does anyone know who to call to find out if there are tailgating restrictions? I am in Williams Lot as well and will not be happy if my group will not be able to tailgate after the amount of money we paid for that spot.
You don't need to call.

You can absolutely tailgate there, as well as all of the other outdoor lots. If you have any other questions let me know.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pm

https://classiccenter.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=349

We are parking at The Classic Center. Parking is $40 and I think you can tailgate.

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:42 pm

JustVisiting wrote:
MountaineerKidd wrote:Does anyone know who to call to find out if there are tailgating restrictions? I am in Williams Lot as well and will not be happy if my group will not be able to tailgate after the amount of money we paid for that spot.
You don't need to call.

You can absolutely tailgate there, as well as all of the other outdoor lots. If you have any other questions let me know.
Awesome thanks for the help!! Looking forward to the game! Come by our tailgate for a beer and talk if you'd like.

JustVisiting

Unread post by JustVisiting » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:57 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:
JustVisiting wrote:
You don't need to call.

Awesome thanks for the help!! Looking forward to the game! Come by our tailgate for a beer and talk if you'd like.

I'd love to, but I'll be on South Campus with the folks around the East Green Street lots and you're quite a hike from me. I hope you guys have a great time.

JustVisiting

Unread post by JustVisiting » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 pm

REALLY QUICK PSA that everyone needs to be aware of in Athens.... please warn your groups.

The Athens/Clarke County PD are Nazi's on gameday. You are allowed to have an open container ANYWHERE on campus (controlled by campus police), but once you step off onto city or county property then they will arrest you. They don't write tickets. They take you straight to jail.

The line between what is campus and what is downtown could literally be a sidewalk. If you're walking with a beer anywhere near downtown Athens, please be careful. If you don't know or are confused where you are, ask somebody before proceeding. It doesn't matter if your beer is in a koozie or poured into a cup, you absolutely cannot have it on city/county property downtown. Athens has a million bars. Just dump it and go drink inside somewhere. Avoid dealing with those clowns at the Athens Clarke County PD at all costs.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm

*edit* Sorry I'm in a mood. Take heed revelers. Thanks, visitor.
Last edited by NoLongerLurking on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you Just Visiting !!!

appgrad

Unread post by appgrad » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 pm

JustVisiting wrote:REALLY QUICK PSA that everyone needs to be aware of in Athens.... please warn your groups.

The Athens/Clarke County PD are Nazi's on gameday. You are allowed to have an open container ANYWHERE on campus (controlled by campus police), but once you step off onto city or county property then they will arrest you. They don't write tickets. They take you straight to jail.

The line between what is campus and what is downtown could literally be a sidewalk. If you're walking with a beer anywhere near downtown Athens, please be careful. If you don't know or are confused where you are, ask somebody before proceeding. It doesn't matter if your beer is in a koozie or poured into a cup, you absolutely cannot have it on city/county property downtown. Athens has a million bars. Just dump it and go drink inside somewhere. Avoid dealing with those clowns at the Athens Clarke County PD at all costs.
A shame it's that way...I have a buddy who (sorry to bring them up, UGA fans!) went to Auburn...and they recently passed a law that bars could serve to-go drinks on Gamedays, and open containers were allowed downtown. The bars and restaurants felt not doing so before cost them business. With as close as campus is to so many great bars (and one outstanding brewery) in downtown Athens, it'd be nice for them to do that!

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:06 am

I'll be within walking distance of the stadium and may just join the first App tailgate I see. I'll bring beer and dollar bills

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 am

ASU2012 wrote:I'll be within walking distance of the stadium and may just join the first App tailgate I see. I'll bring beer and dollar bills
Always a solid strategy.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:25 am

two words...mini bottles. a tailgater's best friend.

Eggers09

Unread post by Eggers09 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:52 am

JustVisiting wrote:
You don't need to call.

Just called UGA parking about the Williams St lot, they said you have to have a parking permit through UGA to park there. Is this correct?

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Do you want free booze at tailgate? If so, then print the ticket at the website below as it will get 2 people in to the Stillhouse Whiskey tailgate at the corner of N. Thomas Street and East Clayton Street. Cant wait to over run this place with App fans!

http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/1453 ... t-Pass.png

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:00 pm

ImissKlondike wrote:Do you want free booze at tailgate? If so, then print the ticket at the website below as it will get 2 people in to the Stillhouse Whiskey tailgate at the corner of N. Thomas Street and East Clayton Street. Cant wait to over run this place with App fans!

http://images.tritondigitalcms.com/1453 ... t-Pass.png
Peddling free booze? Username checks out haha

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:29 pm

I am here to bring joy and plus I don't want to be drinking with all Georgia fans. The guy who is running the promotion is an App grad so he wants as many of us to be there as possible.
Last edited by ImissKlondike on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 pm

JustVisiting wrote:REALLY QUICK PSA that everyone needs to be aware of in Athens.... please warn your groups.

Athens needs a lesson in hosting from Montgomery.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”