Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Remaining football parking

DaphneUrquhart
School: Appalachian State

Remaining football parking

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm

From Suzette Mauney's Facebook:

Making history every day at the Rock for Season 2017!
We are reaching maximum capacity in all Yosef Club Game Day Parking Lots. As of tonight...our remaining availability is:
Raley: 5 remaining
University Dr: 2 remaining
Legends: 5 remaining
Holmes: 5 remaining
Go Apps!

That makes it look like we've sold a ton of spots. Hopefully, they'll all be filled each week.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

EastHallApp

Re: Remaining football parking

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Just to be clear, when you say we've sold the spots, you are referring to YC donors getting them along with their purchase of season tickets, correct? Just making sure because if there's any other way to buy a spot, I'd like to know.

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 am

Daphne, I have a question regarding reserved parking in the future. As YC membership increases, and the spots we currently have fill up (as they're about to do already, this year), what would be the process in allocating parking in the future? Would some folks be out of luck given that they may be on the low end of the rankings within their donor level? It's a great problem to have as membership increases, but it's still a problem nonetheless.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:From Suzette Mauney's Facebook:

Making history every day at the Rock for Season 2017!
We are reaching maximum capacity in all Yosef Club Game Day Parking Lots. As of tonight...our remaining availability is:
Raley: 5 remaining
University Dr: 2 remaining
Legends: 5 remaining
Holmes: 5 remaining
Go Apps!

That makes it look like we've sold a ton of spots. Hopefully, they'll all be filled each week.
Daphne, when can we expect packets to go out this year? Early August?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 am

Chaz wrote:Daphne, I have a question regarding reserved parking in the future. As YC membership increases, and the spots we currently have fill up (as they're about to do already, this year), what would be the process in allocating parking in the future? Would some folks be out of luck given that they may be on the low end of the rankings within their donor level? It's a great problem to have as membership increases, but it's still a problem nonetheless.
It's an interesting question. I don't know how many total parking spots there are in the gameday lots. But given that we have < 4,000 active YC members at last count, and certainly not all of them buy season football tickets, I assume some of the people getting parking passes are not YC members and/or season ticket holders.

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Chaz wrote:Daphne, I have a question regarding reserved parking in the future. As YC membership increases, and the spots we currently have fill up (as they're about to do already, this year), what would be the process in allocating parking in the future? Would some folks be out of luck given that they may be on the low end of the rankings within their donor level? It's a great problem to have as membership increases, but it's still a problem nonetheless.
It's an interesting question. I don't know how many total parking spots there are in the gameday lots. But given that we have < 4,000 active YC members at last count, and certainly not all of them buy season football tickets, I assume some of the people getting parking passes are not YC members and/or season ticket holders.
Good point. My assumption was that parking was reserved for YC members only because spots are given out based on level and ranking within the level, but I really wasn't sure. I'd be curious to know the answer to that, as well.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:26 pm

If (and, hopefully, when) Yosef annual giving finally reaches a level to fund fully our entire scholarship tag, we'll see plenty of changes in parking. The parking will continue to be assigned by donor level and rank within the donor level. For example, I give over $5,000 per year to Yosef. Right now that puts me in the Stadium lot fairly close to the stadium.

Fast forward 10 years. If I'm still giving the same amount and if there are 550 donors who give more than I do, I'll be parking in Justice ... or Duncan. Just for grins, think about having more than 550 donors giving $5,000 per year. That would be more than $2,750,000 in annual Yosef donations just from the Stadium lot. I like the idea! :D

The good news is that, no matter who one chats with, one goal for the old high school property is more parking. Folks are keenly aware that parking is a problem and are working prudently and diligently to fix the situation.

Thanks for being Yosef!

#GiveYosef

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:
Daphne, when can we expect packets to go out this year? Early August?
The packets are being created and shipped by an outside agency this year. While I'll miss my annual ticket packing vacation, I believe we're big enough now for an outside service to be effective. Look for the packets somewhere around the second week of August.

#GiveYosef

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:32 pm

EastHallApp wrote: It's an interesting question. I don't know how many total parking spots there are in the gameday lots. But given that we have < 4,000 active YC members at last count, and certainly not all of them buy season football tickets, I assume some of the people getting parking passes are not YC members and/or season ticket holders.
Remember, too, that there were corporate packets this year that allowed businesses to purchase either single game or season corporate passes. Each of those came with one parking pass (either single or season). I have no idea how many of those were purchased.

A quick count from the lot maps for Stadium, Justice, Duncan, Raley, and Greenwood comes to about 1500 - 1600 spots or so. Part of Raley is reserved for students. University Drive doesn't have its own map. I'd guess that's roughly another 120. Depending on how many spaces they sold for Liberry, Rivers St, Holmes, and Legends, we may be looking at closer to 3,000 than 4,000 parking spots for donors.

#GiveYosef

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Interesting, I would have guessed there were more spots than that. But I'm bad at that kind of thing.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

EastHallApp wrote:Interesting, I would have guessed there were more spots than that. But I'm bad at that kind of thing.
The parking decks would likely have the most spots each, though I haven't a clue how many are there since that has been festival parking. It's a bit different with Stadium, Justice, etc. because I can remember calling out numbers for those spots for the last 10 years. I'm going to miss those three days of staring at spreadsheets with parking lot assignments!

#GiveYosef

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Only 1500 spaces for the $1,000 and up crowd. The Yosef membership isn't a pyramid with a wide base of $100 members as you might expect, it's more like an inverted hourglass with a fat middle sweet spot of $1,500.

Not surprised they've maxed out. Like Daphne said I'd be happy to move from Justice to Raley or Greenwood if that meant I were lower on the donor totem pole it would be a great sign for the health of the program.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm

I may have a Library parking pass (not on the top) for most, if not all, home games if anyone is interested. Figured I'd let it go for $20 per game unless I decide to give it up for every home game, then I might give up all 6 for $100. I'll require that you make the donation to the Yosef Club and provide me with the receipt that you made the $20 donation before giving up the pass. So you'll get a parking pass and a tax write off!

Please shoot me a private message if you're interested.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

App90

Unread post by App90 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Heres another challenge. ASU right now has a waiting list of approximately 800 donors for club seats. I know for a fact there are numerous people that cant get these seats but are donating more than the ones who have them. Now am I mad of course not. But it appears ASU over the next 5 years will struggle to keep up with demand for parking and boxed/club seats. Our number 1 donor does not have access to boxed/ club seats as of last year. When you move up you must be ready for the harvest or you loss out. 800 seats at 700.00 a piece is a cool 1/2 million right there alone.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Many of the original club seat contracts are coming due after next year, it will certainly be interesting unless they build more in the north endzone. My fear is they'll raise the prices due to demand and alienate a portion of that fanbase which will not purchase the north endzone club seats when built due to how the renewal process may be handled. There will be a fine line on getting this right while meeting the goal of raising funds.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 am

Saint3333 wrote:Many of the original club seat contracts are coming due after next year, it will certainly be interesting unless they build more in the north endzone. My fear is they'll raise the prices due to demand and alienate a portion of that fanbase which will not purchase the north endzone club seats when built due to how the renewal process may be handled. There will be a fine line on getting this right while meeting the goal of raising funds.
Might need to look into adding Premium Seating across the top of the East Side...
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

App90

Unread post by App90 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 am

Might need to look into adding Premium Seating across the top of the East Side... :P

Yes

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Many of the original club seat contracts are coming due after next year, it will certainly be interesting unless they build more in the north endzone. My fear is they'll raise the prices due to demand and alienate a portion of that fanbase which will not purchase the north endzone club seats when built due to how the renewal process may be handled. There will be a fine line on getting this right while meeting the goal of raising funds.
There's always a balance to be struck between old and new. At the end of any day, someone will be ticked at any decision that's made. Thankfully, that hasn't kept App from making decisions. The progress seems to be, as far as I can tell, mostly a good thing.

I expect the club seat renewal process to be handled professionally and with as little disruption as possible to current club seat holders. That would include appropriate pricing increases. Where it becomes tough is for those for whom the original club seat contract was a bit of a stretch - one to which they committed willingly for the sake of the athletics program.

For many folks who hold current club seat contracts, I'd imagine the renewal experience to be something akin to my husband going out to purchase a new truck. His truck is 18 years old; it's paid for. Getting the latest version of his truck would cost more than $60,000. I believe we paid $18,000 for his truck. The dealer could certainly chat with my husband about options and financing and so on; however, there's no way the dealer could get the price down even to $25,000. At the end of the chat, my husband would have to decide if he wanted the new truck enough to accept the deal.

Here's to a full stadium for every game every year!

#GiveYosef

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

There will be casualties, there always are. I have a friend who was a pretty heavy contributor at NC State. Six season tickets for football on the 50, first row parking right at the gate. Four season tickets exactly mid court. Contributed a lot of money over a lot of years. Every so often they had a realignment. He was told if he wanted to keep his seats he would have to up his contribution. He went the other way and dropped everything. They lost a lot of money from him but I think they still have a program over there last time I looked. Something tells me they filled the hole pretty quick.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I mean, regular old reserved and GA tickets have certainly not remained static in price. Wake is $60, every other game is $40. How much were those tickets five or 10 years ago? How much have season ticket prices increased?

If the rank-and-file folks can pay more every year even while there are plenty of empty seats most games, I think the premium seat owners can deal with an increase when there's a waiting list behind them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”