Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Parking/Tailgating for Georgia

ASUGrad2014
School: Appalachian State

Re: Parking/Tailgating for Georgia

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 pm

I think my crew of 4 are going to pay to attend the tailgate and parking. Worth it to me to not have to haul all of our tailgate stuff all the way down there.

Plus I might get to see Daphne!!!!!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:41 pm

When I looked on Stubhub tonight (August 14) East Green Street parking was $55, $65, $75 plus fees. And looking at other home games it looks like parking for this game is at a premium (more than Kentucky game for example).
The Alumni tailgate and parking looks like my option.

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Not sure how many tickets we have sold + those using other methods, but think we could have 10,000 wearing black & gold in Athens. The East Green Street lot is mainly season ticket holders and is south of the stadium, so not the closest for those with tickets from APP/north side. It does look like they'll be plenty of Mountaineers tailgating there so don't think there is a bad option.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:19 am

wncapp78 wrote:When I looked on Stubhub tonight (August 14) East Green Street parking was $55, $65, $75 plus fees. And looking at other home games it looks like parking for this game is at a premium (more than Kentucky game for example).
The Alumni tailgate and parking looks like my option.
My buddy and I snatched up the last of the East Green parking that were selling in the 40's.

I will say this, stub hub fees are crazy ridiculous.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 am

I was a little disappointed with the Alumni tailgate package offering. 2 drink tickets? Not that I'm a lush, but previous tailgates haven't had similar limitations. Clemson game and 1st bowl game come to mind. I mean, a meal and 2 beers and you are in /out in 45 minutes. That's not really a tailgate.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 am

As a young alumnus, I've always thought that the alumni tailgates aren't worth it and are more suited for the (dare I say it) wine and cheese portion of our traveling fan base. They serve their purpose and there's certainly a demand for them, they're just not for me.

Going to a different city and finding a great spot to tailgate is all apart of the fun that comes with away games. Give me a jerry-rigged tailgate with a tiny grill and some brats over a grand tent with misting fans and catered BBQ any day.

JustVisiting
School: Georgia

Unread post by JustVisiting » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 am

Just a little info for you guys with East Green St passes...

That pass actually encompasses several different lots to the north and the south of East Green Street. The main lot to the south is the largest of them, but it's also the one with the fewest trees and bakes in the sun. UGA has a very green campus and most people prefer to tailgate under a tree or on a grass area somewhere off of the asphalt.

The lots to the north offer much more of that, but they are small and you will need to get there early. Also, if you're planning to meet up with a group, those spaces to the north are generally obscured from view behind buildings if you're driving on East Green Street.

It's a pretty lengthy walk to the stadium from there and it will be uphill most of the way back after the game (Sanford Stadium actually sits in a valley and has creek running beneath it). Getting to the Appalachian State sections of the stadium will be just an easy walk across Sanford Bridge on Sanford Drive however, so don't worry about parking on North campus to be closer to your seats.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 am

JustVisiting wrote:Just a little info for you guys with East Green St passes...

That pass actually encompasses several different lots to the north and the south of East Green Street. The main lot to the south is the largest of them, but it's also the one with the fewest trees and bakes in the sun. UGA has a very green campus and most people prefer to tailgate under a tree or on a grass area somewhere off of the asphalt.

The lots to the north offer much more of that, but they are small and you will need to get there early. Also, if you're planning to meet up with a group, those spaces to the north are generally obscured from view behind buildings if you're driving on East Green Street.

It's a pretty lengthy walk to the stadium from there and it will be uphill most of the way back after the game (Sanford Stadium actually sits in a valley and has creek running beneath it). Getting to the Appalachian State sections of the stadium will be just an easy walk across Sanford Bridge on Sanford Drive however, so don't worry about parking on North campus to be closer to your seats.
Thanks for the tips. I'm a big fan of shade, short walks, and being obscured from view.

Go 'Neers!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 am

NO.2 wrote:As a young alumnus, I've always thought that the alumni tailgates aren't worth it and are more suited for the (dare I say it) wine and cheese portion of our traveling fan base. They serve their purpose and there's certainly a demand for them, they're just not for me.

Going to a different city and finding a great spot to tailgate is all apart of the fun that comes with away games. Give me a jerry-rigged tailgate with a tiny grill and some brats over a grand tent with misting fans and catered BBQ any day.
They also come in handy for folks like me who are generally flying solo. Particularly for an old lady, it's as much of a security issue as anything. BTW, this one's actually indoors - not my favorite but likely to be welcomed AC during the heat of the day. I'll still have plenty of time to wander around and find a few App fans who are tailgating properly.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

App74

Unread post by App74 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NO.2 wrote:As a young alumnus, I've always thought that the alumni tailgates aren't worth it and are more suited for the (dare I say it) wine and cheese portion of our traveling fan base. They serve their purpose and there's certainly a demand for them, they're just not for me.

They also come in handy for folks like me who are generally flying solo. Particularly for an old lady, it's as much of a security issue as anything. BTW, this one's actually indoors - not my favorite but likely to be welcomed AC during the heat of the day. I'll still have plenty of time to wander around and find a few App fans who are tailgating properly.
Daphne, I bought one alumni tailgate to get the parking. We'll be tailgating properly with PBR, bloody marys, bourbon and food (in that order). We'll look for you!

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:38 pm

We have 8 in 2 cars coming to the N Green Street Lot via Stubhub.

JustVisiting
School: Georgia

Unread post by JustVisiting » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Public bathrooms are a big issue on gameday as well just FYI. There aren't many of those around.

If you want to park for free, your best is the Intramural Fields and intramural field parking deck located off of East Campus Road. They also run bus shuttles from there to the stadium, but nobody tailgates in that area. If you want to park for free and tailgate, your best bet is the Driftmier Engineering Center on the corner of Morton and Agriculture Dr.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”