Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UGA Weather Trend

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

UGA Weather Trend

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 pm

I know this is early and I am probably saying what appears to be the obvious but worth mentioning due to this year's conditions.

The last few weeks in Atlanta and Athens have been hot (low to mid-90's) and very high humidity. Due to a lot of moisture flowing up from the Gulf we have had more humidity than normal for this time of year in North Georgia. The extended forecast for Sept. 2 looks like we are not going to get any relief. So if this holds true it will be a very unfavorable weather situation at 6:30pm game time.

ericsaid

Re: UGA Weather Trend

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:I know this is early and I am probably saying what appears to be the obvious but worth mentioning due to this year's conditions.

The last few weeks in Atlanta and Athens have been hot (low to mid-90's) and very high humidity. Due to a lot of moisture flowing up from the Gulf we have had more humidity than normal for this time of year in North Georgia. The extended forecast for Sept. 2 looks like we are not going to get any relief. So if this holds true it will be a very unfavorable weather situation at 6:30pm game time.
It may just be me, but in the High Point - Winston area it's been more humid and warmer feeling later in the day than in the middle. Hopefully a nice rain will come through at 4:00 PM on game day to cool things off a bit - or make them worse - before actual kick-off. UGA is supposed to be deep across the defensive line which could spell trouble in the second half if App is still in contention at that point.

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:24 pm

At least it's not a noon game. (never again at ECU)

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm

ViewCrew87 wrote:At least it's not a noon game. (never again at ECU)
Their tickets should come with complimentary bottles of Pedialyte.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

I remember walking out to get water in the 3rd quarter and half the band was unconscious in the concourse

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:39 am

The 10-Day outlook for much of the south is 80's after this Weds. Hopefully the weather won't be stifling

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 am

The latest trend is low-80's with 60% chance of rain due to Harvey fallout. This could turn into a wet slog due to rain for several days in advance and rain on game day. The field has excellent drainage but it is still natural Bermuda grass.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:02 am

I'm thinking that a sloppy track might just help us out a little. Am I wrong ?

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:09 am

MDaniels84 wrote:I'm thinking that a sloppy track might just help us out a little. Am I wrong ?

Sloppy conditions are the great equalizer for teams that rely on speed and athleticism. We are certainly a team that is outmatched athletically and speed wise, this helps us. If we can practice strong, fundamental football with limited mistakes, we have a shot.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:13 am

Wet and sloppy might just take away any passing advantage for them. This one is tough either way to me.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:27 am

ComebackShack wrote:
MDaniels84 wrote:I'm thinking that a sloppy track might just help us out a little. Am I wrong ?

Sloppy conditions are the great equalizer for teams that rely on speed and athleticism. We are certainly a team that is outmatched athletically and speed wise, this helps us. If we can practice strong, fundamental football with limited mistakes, we have a shot.
I'm not sure about them having a speed advantage as that is our calling card, but a sloppy game would be an equalizer.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:22 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:

I'm not sure about them having a speed advantage as that is our calling card, but a sloppy game would be an equalizer.
Don't kid yourself, they have a speed advantage.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:18 pm

ericsaid wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:

Check out Kirby Smart's comments about our speed. They might have guys that are a little bigger that can run, but fast is fast no matter what.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:23 pm

They will try to establish the run then pass. They dont want Eason to feel the pressure of having to pass early. He needs some confidence.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:47 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:

Check out Kirby Smart's comments about our speed. They might have guys that are a little bigger that can run, but fast is fast no matter what.
Coach speak is real. To pretend that they don't have a size and speed advantage is to greatly miscalculate. I'd hope the staff see's that and plans accordingly.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 pm

ericsaid wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:

Coach speak is real. To pretend that they don't have a size and speed advantage is to greatly miscalculate. I'd hope the staff see's that and plans accordingly.
I never said they didn't have a size advantage, because that's pretty clear especially along the lines. We recruit speed as much as anything which is how we offset the size difference.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 am

Looks like the forecast is improving from what I am now seeing

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:43 am

In looking at Athens hourly forecast for today, it looks like around 79 degrees at kickoff and around 70 by end of game. That is pretty much the type of weather that App practices take place in for the most part. Good omen.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:56 am

No rain either! :shock:

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:18 pm
ericsaid wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:

Just to check back in, fast isn't just fast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”