Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Nice article by SB Dawgs

Boone Goon
School: Appalachian State

Nice article by SB Dawgs

Unread post by Boone Goon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:54 pm

https://www.dawgsports.com/2017/8/31/16 ... l-sun-belt

Overall it's very complimentary and I would say pretty far even from our perspective.

mikeyosef

Re: Nice article by SB Dawgs

Unread post by mikeyosef » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:30 pm

I agree it's very complimentary but if you look at the comments you will notice their fans don't buy it. They are already laying up the "if we loose, it's not because of them but rather our own play" deal. Truthfully, they should win this game but if they don't, the biggest reason will be we played a great game. Though I'm hoping their players feel the same ways as their fans I'm guessing they aren't, that is if Smart is half the coach he seems to be.

GO APP!!!!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:24 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:30 pm
I agree it's very complimentary but if you look at the comments you will notice their fans don't buy it. They are already laying up the "if we loose, it's not because of them but rather our own play" deal. Truthfully, they should win this game but if they don't, the biggest reason will be we played a great game. Though I'm hoping their players feel the same ways as their fans I'm guessing they aren't, that is if Smart is half the coach he seems to be.

GO APP!!!!

Can't worry about 'keyboard warriors' from an opposing fan base. Some people start drinking when they wake up every day.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:32 pm

The fact is that Georgia DID under perform last year and that is something they had better be afraid of. In order for App to win this one, we NEED them to play less than their absolute best. Michigan played less than their "A" game and it opened the door. That doesn't discount our win because we executed and took advantage of the opportunities. We smashed them in the mouth and they couldn't respond. History was made! If Georgia plays less than their "A" game, I hope we do exactly the same thing. If they do play their "A" game, I think we can compete but chances are we come up short.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:24 pm
Can't worry about 'keyboard warriors' from an opposing fan base.
I wish Clemson fans were like that.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:23 am

Met the whole spectrum of UGA fans tonight, from those genuinely interested in taking about the game to an asshole who came up to the bouncer as he was checking out IDs saying "Really? You're going to let THEM in here?"

I'd say there is definitely some worry amongst the fan base. I've traveled to most of our "big" games in the last 8 years and I've never really caught any shit from fans before. Maybe it's just how UGA is, but I heard more snarky comments tonight than any other P5 game combined. That alone tells me that they're a little scared.

Calhoun602
School: Georgia

Unread post by Calhoun602 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:35 am

Howdy,

Georgia Alum here,

I meant to register sooner than game day, but that's life. They should be scared. I'm scared. You're the team nobody wants to play. I hope this isn't offensive, because they are my favorite basketball team, but I really look at it as y'all being the Wichita State of Football. Those guys took Kentucky to the wire twice, beat Kansas, and almost beat Louisville in the Final Four. I keep telling people, ASU are going to come in, punch us in the mouth as hard as they can, and it will be up to the team to take it, and counter punch. I'm not sure how it's going to go at all, but I do have concerns. I'm really high on our Oline and think they have a lot of potential, but that potential probably won't be tonight. The strongest guys on line are the Left Tackle and Center, the other 3 are probably going to be frosh/redshirt frosh. And you guys are FAST. We had a couple guys last year, who were massive but somewhat akin to statues, and fast defenses just ran around them. I'm really proud of our defense, though our starting cornerback is out, so the secondary is suspect. The front seven, however is solid. It's a little surreal, I'm from Lamb's hometown, in fact I've been to that high school. Boone is a nice place. So is Ashville. Nothing quite as invigorating as getting smashed in the mountains. Here's my official prediction copy and pasted from another forum:

Yosef puts the fear of the mountains into UGA, but a top ten defense, and a better than expected O line, allow Georgia to escape late.  31-24

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:15 am

I have a relative who lives in the area. We place a few bets throughout the year. I spoke with him this week and mentioned the APP game had opened at 13.5 and that if he found that line it might not be a terrible bet (on Georgia, for him - no way I could do it). He responded that ALL he is hearing is talk of the Notre Dame game. He said not one time has he heard mention of the App game. Oh, and he's a UT alum. He said he wouldn't touch this game. I know fans and the team are different, no question. But, the mentality of the fan base can sometimes be telling. We shall see.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:10 am

Good article.i have looked on their message boards and read articles about the game and there is one piece that I haven't seen anyone talking about. If I am not mistaken, Moore would have been third string last year if it weren't for Upshaw's suspension.

appstate2008

Unread post by appstate2008 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:52 am

Calhoun602 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:35 am
Howdy,

Georgia Alum here,

I meant to register sooner than game day, but that's life. They should be scared. I'm scared. You're the team nobody wants to play. I hope this isn't offensive, because they are my favorite basketball team, but I really look at it as y'all being the Wichita State of Football. Those guys took Kentucky to the wire twice, beat Kansas, and almost beat Louisville in the Final Four. I keep telling people, ASU are going to come in, punch us in the mouth as hard as they can, and it will be up to the team to take it, and counter punch. I'm not sure how it's going to go at all, but I do have concerns. I'm really high on our Oline and think they have a lot of potential, but that potential probably won't be tonight. The strongest guys on line are the Left Tackle and Center, the other 3 are probably going to be frosh/redshirt frosh. And you guys are FAST. We had a couple guys last year, who were massive but somewhat akin to statues, and fast defenses just ran around them. I'm really proud of our defense, though our starting cornerback is out, so the secondary is suspect. The front seven, however is solid. It's a little surreal, I'm from Lamb's hometown, in fact I've been to that high school. Boone is a nice place. So is Ashville. Nothing quite as invigorating as getting smashed in the mountains. Here's my official prediction copy and pasted from another forum:

Yosef puts the fear of the mountains into UGA, but a top ten defense, and a better than expected O line, allow Georgia to escape late.  31-24
I'm a lifelong AppFan and I both appreciate your view and welcome the comparison to the Shockers. Frankly, I have made the comparison myself before.

One question: why so upbeat about the dawgs o-line? I see that area as the only real area of concern.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”