Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Entrance fireworks

AppAlum12

Re: Entrance fireworks

Unread post by AppAlum12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am

MDaniels84 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 am
Questions about fireworks, video board volume, and others are answered in this segment from Doug Gillin. :D

http://appstatesports.com/news/2017/9/1 ... ition.aspx
Just saw this. Appreciate the fact that Gillin listens to the fanbase and doesn't ignore us. Might have to bid on one of those helmets!

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am
moonshine wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm
I'm a fan of Back in Black. What other songs with the color black could be used?

Blue Days, Black Nights
Paint it, Black
Little Black Book
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress
Baby's in Black
Black Magic Woman
Black Fool's Gold
Black Betty
Say it Loud-I'm Black and I'm Proud
Black Sabbath
Man in Black
Black Dog
Black Water
Baa Baa Blacksheep
Fade to Black
Black
Black Gold
Fell on Black Days
Black Coffee
Men in Black
Blue on Black
Blackitolism
Black Hole Sun
Paint the White House Black
Blackout
Black and Yellow
Black or White
Of which the students will know about 2 of those songs. When will the 40+ crowd get it through your thick skulls...THE. MUSIC. PLAYED. IN. THE. STADIUM. IS. NOT. FOR. YOU. It's to keep the 18-22 year old student section happy and hyped. Pure and simple.
Not 40 yet and unless our student body has been living under the Rock, then they should know quite a few of the songs I listed. Plus the list wasn't necessarily for me or anyone over 40, it was simply a list of songs with "black" in the title. Pure and simple.

YOU. WON'T. FIND. ONE. POST. FROM. ME. GRIPING. ABOUT. THE. MUSIC. (AKA HIPHOP/RAP). PLAYED. INSIDE. KBS.

**edited for accuracy** You may find a post from me griping about Cotton Eyed Joe and/or Party in the USA from several years back. Not so much about the songs, although I'm not a fan, probably more to do with the amount they played those songs.
Last edited by moonshine on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

mom_n_buggie

Unread post by mom_n_buggie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 pm
mom_n_buggie wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:56 pm
I totally missed their entrance because of my pocketbook! Had to hike all the way back to the car and leave it😡 Nothing in my season ticket package about the new policy either. All these years and nothing in my purse has ever "endangered the players".
Off my soapbox now...

Sorry to hear you had an issue, but check out Page 5 of ticket booklet... ;)
I didn't get a ticket booklet. My tickets have come through campus mail for about the last 7 years. Do all the tickets that arrive USPS have a booklet?

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

There has to be a balance somewhere because if the 40+ crowd takes their thick skulls and starts spending their money elsewhere, it won't matter who the music is for because there won't be any music.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am

moonshine wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 am
APPdiesel wrote:
moonshine wrote:
I'm a fan of Back in Black. What other songs with the color black could be used?

Blue Days, Black Nights
Paint it, Black
Little Black Book
Baby's in Black
Black Magic Woman
Black Fool's Gold
Black Betty
Black Sabbath
Man in Black
Black Dog
Black Water
Baa Baa Blacksheep
Fade to Black
Black
Black Gold
Fell on Black Days
Black Coffee
Men in Black
Blue on Black
Blackitolism
Black Hole Sun
Blackout
Black and Yellow
Black or White
Of which the students will know about 2 of those songs. When will the 40+ crowd get it through your thick skulls...THE. MUSIC. PLAYED. IN. THE. STADIUM. IS. NOT. FOR. YOU. It's to keep the 18-22 year old student section happy and hyped. Pure and simple.
Not 40 yet and unless our student body has been living under the Rock, then they should know quite a few of the songs I listed. Plus the list wasn't necessarily for me or anyone over 40, it was simply a list of songs with "black" in the title. Pure and simple.

YOU. WON'T. FIND. ONE. POST. FROM. ME. GRIPING. ABOUT. THE. MUSIC. (AKA HIPHOP/RAP). PLAYED. INSIDE. KBS.

**edited for accuracy** You may find a post from me griping about Cotton Eyed Joe and/or Party in the USA from several years back. Not so much about the songs, although I'm not a fan, probably more to do with the amount they played those songs.
I love Soundgarden more than most, but I'll be the first to say that both Black Hole Sun and Fell on Black Days would be terrible stadium songs. They're not high-energy\high-tempo enough to get people riled up.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am
I love Soundgarden more than most, but I'll be the first to say that both Black Hole Sun and Fell on Black Days would be terrible stadium songs. They're not high-energy\high-tempo enough to get people riled up.
I agree as I'm sure Baa Baa Blacksheep wouldn't get the crowd hype either. :lol:

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
moonshine wrote:

Blue Days, Black Nights
Paint it, Black
Little Black Book
Baby's in Black
Black Magic Woman
Black Fool's Gold
Black Betty
Black Sabbath
Man in Black
Black Dog
Black Water
Baa Baa Blacksheep
Fade to Black
Black
Black Gold
Fell on Black Days
Black Coffee
Men in Black
Blue on Black
Blackitolism
Black Hole Sun
Blackout
Black and Yellow
Black or White

If they played Fleetwood Mac would your entire section stand up, dance, cheer, go nuts? No. You'd sit there and quietly nod or tap your toe. When they play that "hip hop crap" our student section who paints their bodies, shows up to pack their section an hour before kickoff, brings flags, screams APP...STATE...APP...STATE at the top of their lungs, and does pushups when we score touchdown, they dance and goes nuts which looks good on tv.

Get over your "I'm a man, I'm 40" sense entitlement.
I think you may have a very good point. It does look good on TV so maybe that is where us thick sculled over 40 drains on the program should start watching. That eight hours behind the wheel can be spent at home tapping our toes, or spending time on the boat, or just all kinds of things. I think you have made a very important point. Thank you.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

I think we play an OK mixture of songs. I am not the biggest fan of country, but i get it; I probably listen to more of a diverse range of music than most. However, I do wish we could have some music that gets the blood pumping a little more (rage against the machine, older rap **knuck if you buck, etc.**). Unfortunately though, a lot of our younger AND older population is a little close minded on music. Last week when you voted on a song to play in the 4th quarter (between Black Keys and something else), some older guy a couple rows in front of us yelled "neither, they both suck, how about some Lynard Skynard". While i like Skynard, i dont think its very good game music (Maybe Call me the breeze or Gimme three steps **just the chorus signifying it time for the team to go**, but not anything else...think about it), IMO. When in reality, the Black Keys are probably one of the better modern rock groups and they're not top-40 music......Just trying to paint a picture of who were trying to work with here. We, like all other schools, have many fans who only like one kind of music and will not be completely happy. Instead of music, we need to focus on getting the crowd up and loud and then who cares about music.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

mom_n_buggie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am
Boone Goon wrote:
mom_n_buggie wrote:
I totally missed their entrance because of my pocketbook! Had to hike all the way back to the car and leave it😡 Nothing in my season ticket package about the new policy either. All these years and nothing in my purse has ever "endangered the players".
Off my soapbox now...

I didn't get a ticket booklet. My tickets have come through campus mail for about the last 7 years. Do all the tickets that arrive USPS have a booklet?
My season tickets came in a booklet via UPS. Individual game tickets I ordered didn't come with a booklet via USPS.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
moonshine wrote:

Blue Days, Black Nights
Paint it, Black
Little Black Book
Baby's in Black
Black Magic Woman
Black Fool's Gold
Black Betty
Black Sabbath
Man in Black
Black Dog
Black Water
Baa Baa Blacksheep
Fade to Black
Black
Black Gold
Fell on Black Days
Black Coffee
Men in Black
Blue on Black
Blackitolism
Black Hole Sun
Blackout
Black and Yellow
Black or White

If they played Fleetwood Mac would your entire section stand up, dance, cheer, go nuts? No. You'd sit there and quietly nod or tap your toe. When they play that "hip hop crap" our student section who paints their bodies, shows up to pack their section an hour before kickoff, brings flags, screams APP...STATE...APP...STATE at the top of their lungs, and does pushups when we score touchdown, they dance and goes nuts which looks good on tv.

Get over your "I'm a man, I'm 40" sense entitlement.
I wish I was only 40. ;-) And I agree, the students pay the bills so they should get dibs on music. I do wish the students would prefer the band, however, but they should get what they want.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:41 pm

The students at UGA didnt seem to mind the band playing....................

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Put our Band of Distinction (BOD) back in section 113 and mic them up to the video board. That way they will be on TV camera more. Let any extra students and any general admission get the endzone seats and hill. Let our BOD play all the time less any injury and TV time outs.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:16 pm

As a member of the over 40 crowd and a lifelong App fan and alum, please let the band play more. I hate canned music as much as I hate the panther growl in Charlotte. I grew up listening to the drum corps walking in and playing the Alma Mater. Frank.y, the canned music makes the experience just that, canned.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Perhaps I have the perspective I have because I work in radio and have live DJ'd clubs and high school football and can divorce myself from the music I personally like on behalf of the crowd. It's not about me, It's about them. I judge my performance and my selection by whether or not the crowd is buzzing or sitting on their hands.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

I go for the game, never have got worked up about what or where the music comes from. Watching my Apps score TD's is all I need.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm
Perhaps I have the perspective I have because I work in radio and have live DJ'd clubs and high school football and can divorce myself from the music I personally like on behalf of the crowd. It's not about me, It's about them. I judge my performance and my selection by whether or not the crowd is buzzing or sitting on their hands.
I get a DJ at a club and the music.....I doubt the students come to listen to snipits of music AT A FOOTBALL GAME. Get them involved in making noise and cheering............they will listen to the music after the game

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm
I go for the game, never have got worked up about what or where the music comes from. Watching my Apps score TD's is all I need.
Thank you, anyone who claims they'll give up their season tickets and years of support because the DJ is playing Kendrick Lamar not 40 year old classic rock is just spitting hyperbole.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm
I get a DJ at a club and the music.....I doubt the students come to listen to snipits of music AT A FOOTBALL GAME. Get them involved in making noise and cheering............they will listen to the music after the game
I didn't assert that they come *FOR* it. I asserted that they are entertained by it...more so than their dads' 70s rock record collection.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm
I didn't assert that they come *FOR* it. I asserted that they are entertained by it...more so than their dads' 70s rock record collection.
So it's safe to assume you're not a fan of Baa Baa Blacksheep during a 3rd quarter TV timeout?

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:35 pm

mom_n_buggie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am
Boone Goon wrote:
mom_n_buggie wrote:
Off my soapbox now...

Yes, season tickets that came via UPS came in a spiral bound booklet which included the clear bag notice. But the athletic department has put out info in multiple sources, (AppStatesports.com, Twitter, FB, Winston-Salem Journal and other spots). I hate you had a bad experience, but I'm not sure how much more the university could have done. Tennessee did it last year, others too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”