Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

D. Evans or S. Meadors?

ComebackShack
School: Appalachian State

Re: D. Evans or S. Meadors?

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am

The post in question on his FB references one of his HS team mates so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 am

If Meadors leaves he's putting himself before the team. Sorry to see that if he does, he can contribute on this team next year, but he has to want it. Good luck to him whatever he decides.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am

I think a receiver with NFL type qualities doesn't need to put up huge numbers in a college season in order to get noticed or to get a shot at the next level. Only needs a few highlights. I can't see a move to FCS being a positive move. Hopefully he stays as we will be absolutely loaded at the receiver position next season. Imagine SM on one side and TH on the other. Throw in a burner in the slot with JM in the backfield. Mercy

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 am

At this point in the season, do we start thinking about a redshirt for D Evans?

Any word on Mock Adams? He no longer has a boot and I have seen him walking around the sidelines the last few weeks.

GO APPS!!

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am

I have heard from someone close to the team that Meadors would be attending a school in SC next year to play football

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am
I have heard from someone close to the team that Meadors would be attending a school in SC next year to play football
If true. I'd assume USC as he knows the Bentley coach and family well. Also, seems to have friends on the team. No doubt, it would not be Clemson, wofford/cit (3 option) or coastal (sunbelt). That's the only option. Again, if true. I don't know you so not sure how reputable you are...

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
If true. I'd assume USC as he knows the Bentley coach and family well. Also, seems to have friends on the team. No doubt, it would not be Clemson, wofford/cit (3 option) or coastal (sunbelt). That's the only option. Again, if true. I don't know you so not sure how reputable you are...

so if this is true, and it will be USC and not FCS, that must be why he is not playing this year because wouldn't that count as "sitting out a year" to fulfill that requirement of the transfer rules ?

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Random speculating is doing us no good on this board. Let's let this play out without getting too worked up. (Not accusing anybody of getting worked up, but I know it's coming.)

FYI: An athlete who misses their senior season due to an injury can transfer to another FBS program but must first sit out a season while at the new FBS program.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

In 5 pages we've gone from our star WR suffering an injury, to being terribly missed and wished a speedy recovery, to he's definitely transferring to SEC South Carolina and is putting himself above his team. Without a single shred of actual information. Life comes at you fast I guess.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm
In 5 pages we've gone from our star WR suffering an injury, to being terribly missed and wished a speedy recovery, to he's definitely transferring to SEC South Carolina and is putting himself above his team. Without a single shred of actual information. Life comes at you fast I guess.
woah...FTR, I am certainly not implying that he is putting himself above the team. Everyone has a unique situation, I am very well aware of that. However, so far, I think this is very plausible scenario and that is why I was curious if the year he is sitting out now counts towards the FPS to FBS transfer rule?

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:49 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm
MtnMan09 wrote:

woah...FTR, I am certainly not implying that he is putting himself above the team. Everyone has a unique situation, I am very well aware of that. However, so far, I think this is very plausible scenario and that is why I was curious if the year he is sitting out now counts towards the FPS to FBS transfer rule?
He will likely graduate this year making him able to transfer to any FBS school. I'd assume Sat would not allow a Sun Belt school. I was just saying USC because the previous poster mentioned the state. And if that is true I would almost bet on USC

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
South Carolina State? If true.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm

LOTS of speculation here..............

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:31 pm

The only speculation is where is he going.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah, speculation starting to spiral a bit here. Couple general points though:

1) As someone already noted, assuming Meadors completes his degree before leaving App, he could transfer basically anywhere (FBS or FCS) without sitting a year.

2) As a grad transfer, App could not place restrictions on where he could go. I *think* we'd have to grant him a release (not positive, but I'm sure we would if needed), and at that point he can go anywhere that will have him. IOW, we couldn't say "We release you, but not to any Sun Belt schools or teams on our schedule."

3) Just my personal opinion here, but I'd be surprised if he already knows where he wants to go (if he's even decided for sure to transfer - I don't know that either). My guess is he'd probably see what kind of offers he could get before deciding that.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:49 pm
APPRIDE wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

He will likely graduate this year making him able to transfer to any FBS school. I'd assume Sat would not allow a Sun Belt school. I was just saying USC because the previous poster mentioned the state. And if that is true I would almost bet on USC
Whelp, moot point then, thanks for clarifying. Seems like he just got here.

This leads me to ask that with players enrolling in January now (not sure if Meadors did), and of course summer school as always, we might actually start seeing instances of players having 2 years left to play upon graduation? Will Meadors have 2 years eligible if he graduates this spring (or summer)?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm
boonetown1 wrote:
APPRIDE wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

This leads me to ask that with players enrolling in January now (not sure if Meadors did), and of course summer school as always, we might actually start seeing instances of players having 2 years left to play upon graduation? Will Meadors have 2 years eligible if he graduates this spring (or summer)?
He's a senior, one year left. But you are right, there have been some guys who graduate in three years and transfer with two left.

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:11 pm

I sincerely hope that the rumors are wrong and he stays, but if he goes I hope he lands in a spot that he will stay healthy and make us all proud. The App receiving corp will be stronger if we can keep him, but still strong if he chooses to go.

That said, this might be a good time to remind folks that our players visit this site as well as player's parents. I try to remember that anytime I say anything about any player on the team.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Good lord what have I started here.

I just wanted to see Evans & Meadors lol

My 2 cents here....Meadors is great but if he leaves I don't think it will be a huge loss. Henni and the other WRs playing right now are PLAYMAKERS (that catch Henni made where he pulled it out of the air in the 4th against NMST was amazing. You can't coach that). D Evans was great on a few plays last year but he wasn't a huge factor until the very end of the season. If he's back then great, if not then we keep moving onward and upward.

We have a lot of talent on offense. Some of those young O line guys are monsters, the RBs are solid and the WRs are good. I think we'll see a lot of running in the beginning of next year until the new QB (who was very highly recruited) settles in.

The D will be the point of contention. Woody has built a D with depth, speed and power. We loose D-linmen, E. Bogs & I believe the safety that was ejected against NMST...that was a BS call too. Our pass coverage will be good (QUACK QUACK!! Please tell me the students are doing that when Duck makes a play) but IDK how we'll stack up against the run.

One last thing...I wouldn't be shocked if we lost some assistant coaches this year. We are on track to win 30 games over 3 seasons. That is amazing! Truly unheard of in FBS CFB unless you are BAMA....arguably we are the BAMA of G5 schools, we just don't have a marque win since joining FBS (so close though with TN and WF).

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm
APPRIDE wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm
boonetown1 wrote:
APPRIDE wrote:
MtnMan09 wrote:

He's a senior, one year left. But you are right, there have been some guys who graduate in three years and transfer with two left.
that's right, coaches pulled his red shirt 2014... that seems like ages ago but Shaedons arrival seems like yesterday...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”