Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The sad delusions of the FBS bottom dwellers - Weak Forest

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: The sad delusions of the FBS bottom dwellers - Weak Forest

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 pm

biggie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm
Some good comments, but lots of whining about playing us:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthre ... ASU-series

Now this guy is a true, fairly objective WFU football fan:

I'm pretty excited for this game. We can schedule teams that we can lose to like Utah State or ULM, or we can schedule teams that we can lose to like App State.

The latter provides fans with a great chance to travel and see their team play, while also bantering with co-workers, former high school classmates, etc.

I love the mentality of playing anybody anywhere.

People just like to complain about everything. When we schedule too easy people bitch, when we schedule too hard people bitch.

Just play games that fans like to see that we also have a good chance of winning---this is one of those games, and I also believe we have a good amount to gain on the recruiting trail if we go to Boone and take care of business.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 am
dubs21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 am
Record vs ULM has absolutely no bearing on this game. Also, how many points Wake and App scored in the 90's or early 2000s has no bearing on how the game this weekend will go. Wake fans are feeling pretty good. They have the most offensive weapons and flow they have had since 2008. Good reason to be optimistic about scoring points. We have struggled to score in two of our 3 games this year. That's why wake fans think the score will turn out that way. Fans typically think they're school will do good and the opposing school wont do good.
I get it, Wake is much better than Georgia this year.
Wake is a good team, but they are absolutely NOT better than Georgia.
I agree. I don't think we'll get curb stomped by Wake like some people believe, though.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:02 pm

I don't know why folks are so concerned about Wake, but we are obviously free to live our lives as we see fit. We are 2-1 with a come back win over a much improved TX State team on the road, in the TX heat, in conference play. None of what I have witnessed so far this season makes more me or less optimistic about this weekend's game. We certainly can beat Wake, but maybe we don't. I am not lowering my expectations. I want to see an App win, and until the winner of the game is determined an App win is what I am anticipating.
Last edited by CVAPP on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 pm

I think people are now worried about the game because thus far this season our offense hasn't clicked and has been unable to produce big numbers (with the exception of the first half against SSU, a team weaker than our own third stringers). Our O-line has shown difficulty in both protecting our qb and allowing him enough time to establish any consistent passing game as well as opening holes for our run game, too many established offensive weapons are dinged up or injured and haven't played and as a result the play calling continues to be limited. This is just the tip of the iceberg as to why some, including myself, are now very worried about the Wake game. They have looked good and we have not.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 pm

I watched both teams' entire games last Saturday. I'm less worried about OUR performance all things considered, but I was very impressed with Wake. I am not optimistic about our chances to win Saturday because of what I think WF can do to us, not because I think we suck. Not only are they good by ACC standards and especially Wake Forrest Standards, but their style is a bad matchup for us in my opinion.

I tweeted this to the BGP Mail Satchel and they discussed it, but I'm always extra concerned when we play mobile QBs and hurry-up offenses. We have not played well historically against those styles. They're also getting a lot of penetration on the defensive phase of the game and I do believe our offensive line is still figuring itself out.

We're going to need some good bounces and a flawlessly executed game to hang with this year's Wake team. I really hope Satt settles them down and treats this like any other game emotionally. We can ill afford another Miami.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 pm

If Wake stomps us like Miami did I will be disappointed. If it's a close game either way I won't be too high or too low. Sweeping our Sun Belt foes will be much harder than beating Wake, despite this year's favorable schedule.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Both teams will be prepared. Just hope all us fans wear black, get primed, arrive early, stand and yell like hell! Go Apps!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Well I hope we are ready. I expected the GA game. Game two was embarrassing to even be on the same field. I truly think that kind of game does more harm that good. So after two there was really no way for me to gauge where we are. Then I watched a different game than some others. I think we were VERY lucky to beat a not spectacular Texas St team. I really think this is the game that will tell where we are.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:59 pm

I don't care about what people say on message boards and I don't care about last week. The next game is Saturday at 3:30 against Wake Forest. It's a good game for the two universities and a good game for college football in North Carolina.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm just not convinced Wake is that good. They beat Presby, and BC and Utah St are on the CBS bottom 25 list. Also two of these three games were at home. I know we did not look great last weekend, but we have faced more adversity this season than Wake, which can go along way. We've had to play at hostile UGA and hot as hell Texas St. I have no idea what will happen Saturday, but my gut tells me Wake is not going to win big.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:04 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 pm
If Wake stomps us like Miami did I will be disappointed. If it's a close game either way I won't be too high or too low. Sweeping our Sun Belt foes will be much harder than beating Wake, despite this year's favorable schedule.
I really don't see any evidence to suggest this is true. The Belt has performed even worse than usual out of conference this year -- a very low bar. Even though Wake is just one game and the remaining conference schedule contains 7, I disagree.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 pm

bcoach wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm
Well I hope we are ready. I expected the GA game. Game two was embarrassing to even be on the same field. I truly think that kind of game does more harm that good. So after two there was really no way for me to gauge where we are. Then I watched a different game than some others. I think we were VERY lucky to beat a not spectacular Texas St team. I really think this is the game that will tell where we are.
I don't know if we were "lucky." I think we were unlucky to be honest. If Lamb doesn't reach that ball out like an idiot we win comfortably by two scores. It was a poor performance by the Apps, but that doesn't mean we were lucky to win.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 pm
I'm just not convinced Wake is that good. They beat Presby, and BC and Utah St are on the CBS bottom 25 list. Also two of these three games were at home. I know we did not look great last weekend, but we have faced more adversity this season than Wake, which can go along way. We've had to play at hostile UGA and hot as hell Texas St. I have no idea what will happen Saturday, but my gut tells me Wake is not going to win big.
For perspective, this week's CBS bottom 25 contains 7 SBC teams. That's 70% of the league. :oops:

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:04 pm
I really don't see any evidence to suggest this is true. The Belt has performed even worse than usual out of conference this year -- a very low bar. Even though Wake is just one game and the remaining conference schedule contains 7, I disagree.
The season wears on all, no matter who we play. If you are of the mindset that the Wake game is the most important game left on this year' schedule I will not try to change your mind. I would hate to see us beat Wake and not sweep our SBC schedule. One takes considerably more effort than the other.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 pm
yosef13 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:32 pm
For perspective, this week's CBS bottom 25 contains 7 SBC teams. That's 70% of the league. :oops:
I noticed that. There are 3 ACC teams on this list too, one of which is Wake's biggest test thus far.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Count me as one that would rather beat wake than _______ team a million miles from us this season.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

I hope we are ready for this one but I think we are hitting Wake on the upswing and I'm not sure we are as good as last year. If we can't keep their QB honest, it could be a long day. If last week's offense shows up for App we are for sure in for a long day. I am concerned the fixes for what ailed us last week are not quick ones. I want us to thump a G5 so bad; i'm just not sure it's in the cards for us this year. Hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for the game regardless. I'll be wearing black and yelling for our boys; I don't expect to be able to speak on Sunday.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 pm
bcoach wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm
I don't know if we were "lucky." I think we were unlucky to be honest. If Lamb doesn't reach that ball out like an idiot we win comfortably by two scores. It was a poor performance by the Apps, but that doesn't mean we were lucky to win.
and it swings both ways. If that last tackle is 2 yards later it could have been a loss. We have an awful lot of work to do if we are going to run the table in the easiest schedule of the conference. I think we may be able to do it but we have a ton of work to get there.

MarxistMountaineer

Unread post by MarxistMountaineer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm

"The football team has always been like some kind of renegade biker gang that would take a ton of noon-qualifiers and Wake's castoffs and flunkies, who would then talk shit about Wake (Orlebar). They've always been a bunch of overmatched shittalkers willing to take it out on their superior opponents' knees, evidenced again by the first quarter of their first game of the year when they took out a 5-star sophomore quarterback on their way to falling behind 31-0 to a 4-star freshman quarterback.

And Armanti Edwards sucks. I know it's not his fault, but he took a valuable draft pick from the Panthers."

Said by a Wake fan on their forum today. As others have pointed out, a lot of the talk about this game shows excitement and respect towards our program. But some of those guys on there suck.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 pm

It's weird to me they have football fans.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”