Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The sad delusions of the FBS bottom dwellers - Weak Forest

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: The sad delusions of the FBS bottom dwellers - Weak Forest

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 pm
bcoach wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm
Well I hope we are ready. I expected the GA game. Game two was embarrassing to even be on the same field. I truly think that kind of game does more harm that good. So after two there was really no way for me to gauge where we are. Then I watched a different game than some others. I think we were VERY lucky to beat a not spectacular Texas St team. I really think this is the game that will tell where we are.
I don't know if we were "lucky." I think we were unlucky to be honest. If Lamb doesn't reach that ball out like an idiot we win comfortably by two scores. It was a poor performance by the Apps, but that doesn't mean we were lucky to win.
Little bit tough on Taylor Lamb aren't you? He's one of the best QB's ever to play for our alma mater and you equate him to an idiot?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm
Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:
Well I hope we are ready. I expected the GA game. Game two was embarrassing to even be on the same field. I truly think that kind of game does more harm that good. So after two there was really no way for me to gauge where we are. Then I watched a different game than some others. I think we were VERY lucky to beat a not spectacular Texas St team. I really think this is the game that will tell where we are.
I don't know if we were "lucky." I think we were unlucky to be honest. If Lamb doesn't reach that ball out like an idiot we win comfortably by two scores. It was a poor performance by the Apps, but that doesn't mean we were lucky to win.
Little bit tough on Taylor Lamb aren't you? He's one of the best QB's ever to play for our alma mater and you equate him to an idiot?
Taylor's not an idiot, but reaching out like that was an idiot move.

MarxistMountaineer

Unread post by MarxistMountaineer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:
Yep, it's easy to forget we were 1 yard away from ending that game on a 27-3 run. I'm as big of a Lamb defender/supporter as anybody, but as a senior he has to be more aware of the situation there. There was no point in doing anything stupid like that, just a field goal would have iced it

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Oh, is that you in the picture? LOL :shock: :shock: :shock:
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:

Have you never had a moment of idiocy in your life? Personally, I've had hundreds, but I'm in my 7th decade.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 pm

NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:
It was an effort play. If he had tucked it you guys would be bitching that he didn't try to extend. Yes he fumbled it, but it wasn't his fault that the defense let them march 98 yards down the field.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 pm
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:
It was an effort play. If he had tucked it you guys would be bitching that he didn't try to extend. Yes he fumbled it, but it wasn't his fault that the defense let them march 98 yards down the field.
I really don't think I would.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Not wishing to call you a liar, but there are quite a few on this board that will look for any reason to find fault in the young man. Rumor has it that is the real reason that Caruso transferred. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything right

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:04 pm
CVAPP wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 pm
If Wake stomps us like Miami did I will be disappointed. If it's a close game either way I won't be too high or too low. Sweeping our Sun Belt foes will be much harder than beating Wake, despite this year's favorable schedule.
I really don't see any evidence to suggest this is true. The Belt has performed even worse than usual out of conference this year -- a very low bar. Even though Wake is just one game and the remaining conference schedule contains 7, I disagree.
Of course you don't. That TX State team was/is a joke and we should have curb stomped them. It's really quite easy to get through an 8 game conference schedule and 12 game season without injuries to key personnel or losing a game you should have won. Easy peasy :lol:

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:17 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 pm
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Not wishing to call you a liar, but there are quite a few on this board that will look for any reason to find fault in the young man. Rumor has it that is the real reason that Caruso transferred. He knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything right
Criticism comes with the job of being a quarterback as fans love playing armchair QB after every game. Not saying it's ok but it is the reality.

As they say, if ya can't take the heat...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 am

AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
bcoach wrote:

Amen, 94.
Google SUX

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 am
AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Amen, 94.
It was a first and goal play. No one would have bitched if he had tucked it because we'd be in great position to score with TWO more downs to try. It was an irresponsible move and one that came as a surprise given Taylor's great record with regard to ball security.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 am

If anything it would have been better to take another couple plays to score; burn more clock and/or make them use their time outs.

But whatever, it was a split-second decision. We overcame it, so nbd in the end.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

I haven't seen a single person on here who indicated the reach/fumble by Lamb was a good play. Everybody understands it was a huge "rookie" mistake and shouldn't have happened with a senior QB. That being said, he was making an extra effort and those types of mistakes are uncharacteristic for him. Lamb had a bad game but he got rolling just before half and we won the game.

If we hadn't gotten a pass interference penalty that let TSU out of the endzone, the end-of-game scare doesn't happen and people wouldn't be complaining nearly as much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Saturday had multiple factors. One is that Texas State is improved and they played at the top of their game. I absolutely believe that this was a trap game for App. We were completely flat in the first half and looked downright sloppy on offense. If we had played both halves like we played the second, this game isn't close.

I never did believe the Wake game was a "gimme" game like some seem to. They were pretty tough last year and they appear to be even tougher this year. I absolutely believe we can win this game though. "Any given Saturday" doesn't just apply to games against Michigan and Georgia. Lots can happen to influence this game. It could be a squeaker, or either team could win big. That's the reality and that's why we PLAY THE GAME.

GO APPS! Let's get things rolling and show those WF fans what a REAL football program looks like wearing Black and Gold!

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I really hope you are being facetious and don't actually want us to believe that Caruso transferred because he didn't think he could meet the approval of guys on a message board.

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am
I haven't seen a single person on here who indicated the reach/fumble by Lamb was a good play. Everybody understands it was a huge "rookie" mistake and shouldn't have happened with a senior QB. That being said, he was making an extra effort and those types of mistakes are uncharacteristic for him. Lamb had a bad game but he got rolling just before half and we won the game.

If we hadn't gotten a pass interference penalty that let TSU out of the endzone, the end-of-game scare doesn't happen and people wouldn't be complaining nearly as much.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Saturday had multiple factors. One is that Texas State is improved and they played at the top of their game. I absolutely believe that this was a trap game for App. We were completely flat in the first half and looked downright sloppy on offense. If we had played both halves like we played the second, this game isn't close.

I never did believe the Wake game was a "gimme" game like some seem to. They were pretty tough last year and they appear to be even tougher this year. I absolutely believe we can win this game though. "Any given Saturday" doesn't just apply to games against Michigan and Georgia. Lots can happen to influence this game. It could be a squeaker, or either team could win big. That's the reality and that's why we PLAY THE GAME.

GO APPS! Let's get things rolling and show those WF fans what a REAL football program looks like wearing Black and Gold!
Can we revisit all of these "Texas State is a good/ much improved team" after they go 2-6 or 3-5 in conference? Why are some incapable of acknowledging we didn't play well and that its bothersome?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 am

MtnMan09 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

Can we revisit all of these "Texas State is a good/ much improved team" after they go 2-6 or 3-5 in conference? Why are some incapable of acknowledging we didn't play well and that its bothersome?
Sure. I haven't said that Texas State was a great team. I don't think they should have been close to us but I do think they are improved. No idea what their record will be but I don't think they are likely to be bowl eligible. We were flat (especially in the first half) and they played their absolute A+ game. That pass/catch for their first score was beautiful, but they wouldn't connect on that play again if they had 10 more opportunities. That's what "Any Given Saturday" means. It applies to Texas State playing App just as much as it applies to App playing Wake/Georgia/Penn State. Stuff happens.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 am

mikeyosef wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm
I hope we are ready for this one but I think we are hitting Wake on the upswing and I'm not sure we are as good as last year. If we can't keep their QB honest, it could be a long day. If last week's offense shows up for App we are for sure in for a long day. I am concerned the fixes for what ailed us last week are not quick ones. I want us to thump a G5 so bad; i'm just not sure it's in the cards for us this year. Hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for the game regardless. I'll be wearing black and yelling for our boys; I don't expect to be able to speak on Sunday.
I think you mean a P5, and it's gonna happen Saturday. The Rock is going to be hard of a place for the preppies to play...not saying we're going to dominate, we'll bend but not break and pull out a close victory. I'll be yelling right there with you...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 am

MtnMan09 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:

I really hope you are being facetious and don't actually want us to believe that Caruso transferred because he didn't think he could meet the approval of guys on a message board.
Yes it was facetious dude.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”