Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

One flippen play!

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: One flippen play!

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm
AppinATL wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I get you point, we have lost dozens of games in the last four years because of this "shit'.
We've lost "dozens" of games in the last 4 years??? Really? That's news to me.
Must be counting basketball in with it.
My comment was purely sarcasm.
That's not sarcasm. That is foolish hysteria.
My response was sarcasm to the post of the person that I quoted.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 pm

AppinATL wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppinATL wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I get you point, we have lost dozens of games in the last four years because of this "shit'.
It was sarcasm in reference to my post. I was venting frustration over the discipline issues in p5 games and as a counter to my argument used sarcasm by claiming the dozens of losses to point out that we really don't lose a lot.

He's got a valid point, but I'm still right. Because I'm stubborn as hell.
YNWA

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Gentlemen:A one point game. Perhaps any one of a dozen plays could , or did , turn the tide of battle. No one can say for certain .I do believe that we lost this game more so than the other guys won it .It's going to sting a very long time.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm

I'm trying to calm down the locals, you think I'm irrational, check out the below. Appears they have run out of patience and are tired of always losing to P5 schools. Remember the below is not my post, however, from a local App grad from the early 70s:

"If all we have is Satt we're f&*ked. Always making excuses... Poor ole app if they could just execute an extra point or maybe not jump off sides on 4th and 4 and all that stuff. But we played them good...Come on...I want to win yes but I just want us to play real football teams. This Sunbelt conference is a joke and we are not getting better."

Anyway, it's hard to convince some when we constantly fail to get over the hump. I keep telling them to be patient, however, it appears their patience has worn out. :(

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm
I'm trying to calm down the locals, you think I'm irrational, check out the below. Appears they have run out of patience and are tired of always losing to P5 schools. Remember the below is not my post, however, from a local App grad from the early 70s:

"If all we have is Satt we're f&*ked. Always making excuses... Poor ole app if they could just execute an extra point or maybe not jump off sides on 4th and 4 and all that stuff. But we played them good...Come on...I want to win yes but I just want us to play real football teams. This Sunbelt conference is a joke and we are not getting better."

Anyway, it's hard to convince some when we constantly fail to get over the hump. I keep telling them to be patient, however, it appears their patience has worn out. :(
If they choose to value the outcome of an OOC game against a P5 over a conference Championship, then I am afraid that they will live out the rest of their days with more disappointment than happiness.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I understand the disappointment in our continual failure against P5 competition. At the same time, I don't understand their (not all) unwillingness to recognize Sun Belt competition as being superior to the SoCon. As far as this particular individual is concerned, I believe his point is, when we were at the FCS level we were able to defeat P5 schools at a more constant rate as compared to now. Anyway, I believe today's game was the breaking point for him, emotional response.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:19 pm

The plain fact with out the excuses is we should have won the game. Kicking gave away 7 points. Celebration penalty is a discipline problem but our staff does not care. I am not one that thinks we should be beating all, most or even 40%of the P5 teams we play as that is just silly, but we should have won this one. Plain and simple we should have won this one. All the excuses in the world will not change the fact we should have won this one.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm
I understand the disappointment in our continual failure against P5 competition. At the same time, I don't understand their (not all) unwillingness to recognize Sun Belt competition as being superior to the SoCon. As far as this particular individual is concerned, I believe his point is, when we were at the FCS level we were able to defeat P5 schools at a more constant rate as compared to now. Anyway, I believe today's game was the breaking point for him, emotional response.
I have 100 different things running through my mind about this game and our program. I'll try to bullet point the most important ones.

1. Scott Satterfield was the perfect coach for us to enter the FBS and I couldn't be happier with him
2. Our success at the FBS level so far has been nothing short of incredible.
3. It's okay to be both ecstatic with our progress and critical of our failures
4. We have to be smarter and that falls on the coaching staff
5. Hennigan will be GOAT at WR before he leaves
6. We will win the Sunbelt this year
7. I believe this program is destined for better and greater things than Sunbelt championships
8. This is still more fun than beating SOCON teams and hosting Richmond. We set an attendance record today and have hosted two ACC teams in two years... incredible
9. Moral victories are for losers
10. Let's run the damn table from here on out

Go App
YNWA

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 pm
AppinATL wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppinATL wrote:

My response was sarcasm to the post of the person that I quoted.
My apologies. We really do need a sarcasm font on here.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 pm
His point on past P5 success is misguided. We caught lightning in a bottle when we beat Michigan. All of the other victories were against Wake Forest which hardly moves the needle. Your friend sounds like he is still wounded from our departure from the SoCon and si grasping at anything to make him feel better.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm

He was attending App the year we beat both Wake and South Carolina, different times back then (could explain the misguided P5 success thing). Although he was against our move to FBS, as time passes he is beginning to realize that we had no other option. Being the hard headed individual he is (more hard headed than I), it's going to take a little longer. However, he is getting there. He's no longer standing on the ledge. :)

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:12 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm
He was attending App the year we beat both Wake and South Carolina, different times back then (could explain the misguided P5 success thing). Although he was against our move to FBS, as time passes he is beginning to realize that we had no other option. Being the hard headed individual he is (more hard headed than I), it's going to take a little longer. However, he is getting there. He's no longer standing on the ledge. :)
That actually makes a lot of sense.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:13 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm
I don't share most of your friends feelings but I get that this game was more than a loss. Not because it was Wake, I don't hold them in that high regard and beating them would not have increased our standing as up and comers but this is just crushing in my opinion to have this happen two years in a row. I almost feel like it might be a season defining moment. I won't feel better until we win next week. The sad part is this team was not 100%, they balled out hitting on 6 cylinders and have to wake up and read that tripe about a spitting incident waking the giant. I am afraid I am going to drink again tonight....

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Are we playing "Bye" next week?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 pm

We lost a game we should have won with a bunch of missing pieces. Wake knows who the better team was. We know too. Not a moral victory at all but folks we are playing in the big boy leagues now and we have come light years from where we were and we will live to fight another day. While I don't see us winning at Penn State...2019 and the Tar Holes are our next shot at seeing improvement. I'm over the Wake loss and we have a season to prove our progress.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Anyone who does not see penalties due to lack of discipline is not paying attention. Those killed us in Athens and helped snowball. Were hidden against Sav. st., did not go to Texas only watched on TV so will not comment. Several in this game with the most egregious being the offsides on a punt that we were not even trying to block. Lack or attention to detail=lack of discipline. We have all seen examples in the past few years.

86App

Unread post by 86App » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Way too many missed opportunities with good field position and some bizarre play calling didn’t help. Still had a chance to win, but should have been ahead already. Time to try somebody else that can get the ball up

86App

Unread post by 86App » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 pm

With no one basically left on the schedule, I hope Satt redshirts Evans and Meadors for the rest of this year.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

NMSU says Hello!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:32 am

To my knowledge, these are the first kicks he has had blocked in his year plus kicking for us. He has been near automatic over the last ten games. Saturday was not his best performance but that has been the exception not the norm. I don't think you ditch a guy who has been very accurate for a full season after one game. Despite his difficulties v. WF, he was our leading scorer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”