Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

GREAT GAME vs wake

Snwbrdro

GREAT GAME vs wake

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 pm

First of all, I was pissed when the game ended and I'll be the first to say that I am dissapointed to lose the way we did when we had a chance at two fgs. But am I disappointed or embarrassed of the team as some have said. HELL NO! It was a great day, great game, and the team really did play well. We showed an acc team how to tailgate all day and pack out a stadium for the entire game , and then play with them the entire game. We were competitive and scored back and forth when we needed to. Young WRs stepped up and played lights out, dropped some catchable balls but made catches when it counted, see one handed grab by Hennigan. Get all of our veteran WRs back for conference and we are hard to stop. Defensive front was outstanding. Carney and Colburn are beast of a running back duo and we held our own.

Much praise to lamb and the offense. That is a tough acc defense and they wracked up 500 yards of offense. Lamb threw for 372 yards. That is excellent! Yes we should have gotten into end zone more but that happens. Got to clean up kicking game but he will be fine. The last block not entirely his fault as he doesn't block the d line that got three guys through. Wish we had a timeout to use to settle him down after the penalty, look rushed.

Here's to running the conference !

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: GREAT GAME vs wake

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Wake had a bad game but hung on to beat a lesser team. This is what all will see in final score. Does not matter that we played awesome D, great offense but made mistakes that cost us the game. Better team lost. Sorry but harsh truth.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm
Wake had a bad game but hung on to beat a lesser team. This is what all will see in final score. Does not matter that we played awesome D, great offense but made mistakes that cost us the game. Better team lost. Sorry but harsh truth.
How can a "lesser" team also be the better team that loss? Sounds more like a harsh contradiction.

That was 2 evenly matched teams. Had App hit all their FGSs, I'd of hit the prediction right on the nose (App 26-20).
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

appfan83

Unread post by appfan83 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 pm

I enjoyed the game here at the Kidd Brewer Franklin Drive Field Annex, that is dodging the buffering problems throughout the game. I don't know it is a Spectrum problem or my 5 yr old laptop.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:33 pm

moonshine wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm
How can a "lesser" team also be the better team that loss? Sounds more like a harsh contradiction.

That was 2 evenly matched teams. Had App hit all their FGSs, I'd of hit the prediction right on the nose (App 26-20).
Wouldn't have needed the final field goal if up 23-20 ;-)
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Someone explain the call that negated the first and goal at the four that eventually forced the made 39 yard field goal. Watching the replay today, I didn't see the problem.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 pm

The team that wins is the better team. I don't understand any other definition of better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”