Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wake and another perspective

scatman77

Wake and another perspective

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 am

I've gotten to the point that I rarely post here very much due to all the negative mess that shows up after the game. It seems that the majority of this crowd will always be dissatisfied with anything less than a 56-0 blow out, 500 yards offense, 10 sacks, 3 interceptions, 2 fumbles recovered, perfect field goals and PAT. Yes, the better team did not win yesterday. The better team made mistakes. The better team went toe to toe with an undefeated (surprisingly to me) P5 conference opponent and should have won.

Come on folks. I've read some of the other threads about telling Rubino to get out, and that's using nice language. I'd like all you Rubino gripers to come up with a way for him to block AND kick the ball at the same time. He missed one field goal. The last one was blocked as was the PAT; not his fault.

So far I've not seen anything about the balls that hit receivers on the money, in their hands and were dropped. I saw about 5 of those. All in all let's take a deep breath, not utter a death wish on one player, not point fingers at a kid and tell him he lost the game. Back the Mountaineers, applaud the efforts, give them our loyalty! Don't do like the fan who sat 8 or 9 rows behind me and always yelled, "Hey (player name here), you suck!" everytime he messed up.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Yosef84

Re: Wake and another perspective

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 am

Thank you, Scatman. We are all disappointed but the negativity is over the top. The Apps played hard and answered a lot of questions yesterday. We put >500 yards on a very solid D. The Wake O was held well below their season stats. Despite all the doomed predictions, we gave them more than they ever wanted or expected. Sometimes the breaks just go the other way.

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wake and another perspective

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:42 am

I would gather that if we went back and looked at our predictions for the season most would be in the 10-2 ballpark. Still quite attainable. There will probably be a conference stinker along the way so 9-3 is quite possible and the bowl will be about what we have had for two years. That being said to put the blame on Rubino is insane. I will be honest I yelled at him yesterday but I probably yelled louder at the insane offside penalty on the punt. Our defense got beat on some good plays but overall did great. Hennigan is going to be special. We put a lot of expectations yesterday on freshmen receivers against a decent ACC squad with lots of seniors. I continue to be most disappointed in the untimely lack of discipline crap that gets us over and over again. The absolute bright side to our season so far is that the two teams who beat us are a combined 8-0. At least that is a little consolation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”