Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCC football dumpster fire

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:09 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:40 am
I think it high time we stop reveling in other's problems. Its not like we are showing up every week and dusting people off. We have our own problems that we should focus on.

Well said, Jerry.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 am

http://ninernation.net/index.php?PHPSES ... icseen#new

Some of their forum posters think they can poach Satt.

I will admit this is a straight up S**t post but I'm still bitter they squeaked past UAB and won't go winless.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 am

Like someone said, Scott isnt going to trade down to a lower level G5...........The poster was correct thought about "general suckage" of all our other sports...........

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:06 am

BTK2000 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 am

I will admit this is a straight up S**t post but I'm still bitter they squeaked past UAB and won't go winless.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am

They can forget Satt. They better get rid of this gal: :lol:

https://youtu.be/p7EAspaqH00

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:28 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am
They can forget Satt. They better get rid of this gal: :lol:

https://youtu.be/p7EAspaqH00
This never gets old.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

Now that's it's not the crack of dawn and that midterm is behind me (nailed it!) I feel like I should say something nice and float some thoughts about UNC-c since I reawakened this thread.

I float over to their board every now and then because I like to see other fan bases perspective of what is going on in the world of Sports. Their fan base is impressive to me because of what a small group of them accomplished. They took on an entire Arhletic Deparment and won. They have a football program and a good stadium which is more than ODU or GSU could say for a while. It's impressive when you consider the money and general support that took. Alumni can't win games but they can accomplish a lot when they want. Now had they stayed FCS for a while they might look more like Coastal or ODU where there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel but they decided to climb the cliff and see if they could make it. GSU and The 9ers have proven its a hell of a cliff.

As much as I want to look down on them from up here in Boone they bring a lot to the table when to comes to a rivalry and we bring a lot to them. App and Uncc are perfect rivals. Drivable games for both fan bases and a fundamental difference in the culture of the schools. A research institution in the states largest city vs an undergrad majority school in a tourism driven mountain town. The city school vs the hippy school. The light rail vs the profile trail if you must.

The UNC-cheat/ duke rivalry is as much about school culture as it is about being good at basketball. The nations first state funded school where most of the students are North Carolinians and the private school where most of the students are out of state Yankees. Put them 8 miles apart and it's bound to be a rivalry.

If realignment comes, as I pray it does, The 9ers would be a sold conference mate IMO.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

According to this only 2 million separates our athletic depts revenue and the teams playing each other would keep money in the state. They would also be a better travel partner for longer games than coastal. (The school 6 hours away on the coast). It would be a popular and heated game and fill both stadiums every year.

So to any 9er fans that read this, have fun with that one win because I still remember all the crap y'all posted before your team had even played a down. You earned your crow but I want to see the 2 schools play every year.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Here's the deal...Judy Rose looks down her nose at App.I hear her say at an event..."They have a nice little program up there but no one wants to go there because it's so inaccessible" "They are not in a major TV Market"
They will never see value in a regional rivalry as long as she is the AD

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 pm
Here's the deal...Judy Rose looks down her nose at App.I hear her say at an event..."They have a nice little program up there but no one wants to go there because it's so inaccessible" "They are not in a major TV Market"
They will never see value in a regional rivalry as long as she is the AD
If football was a major factor in my decision in which college I wanted to go to, I'd take the one that's inaccessible with a winning pedigree over the "big market" school which has only won SEVEN TIMES in its entire FBS existence.

Nugget49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Nugget49 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 am

Hah! That was me and I posted it specifically to see how long it would take to get over here. Less than 16 hours, and that was overnight. Pretty quick. Welcome to our board BTK, you should say hello when you are over there.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm

A nice rivalry? There is no way to establish a rivalry between two programs where one has a well founded history of wins and the other has never won. Maybe some day off in the future. In the meantime, what is real would be Wake or ECU. They would make a fair rivalry. At this point, UNCC has not shown ANY evidence of establishing even a mediocre football program, much less a consistent program over time which is even more difficult. As was stated above, they don't even understand how to get there so I don't expect much.

We will play them for selfish reasons but it will hurt our SOS. Rivalry? I don't think so. We need to chart our own path to broader success and let UNCC flounder in the basement of FBS.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Yeah, I call BS on that one, Nug. There is no way you sat damn and pecked out that paragraph to see if App fans are reading a fire Judy thread. You're just that delusional. Even your 9er buddies are laughing at you for that one.

I see you're a four-year member of the MMB. We appreciate your support of Appalachian athletics and the attention you've shown us. Makes us feel pretty.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:07 pm
Yeah, I call BS on that one, Nug. There is no way you sat damn and pecked out that paragraph to see if App fans are reading a fire Judy thread. You're just that delusional. Even your 9er buddies are laughing at you for that one.

I see you're a four-year member of the MMB. We appreciate your support of Appalachian athletics and the attention you've shown us. Makes us feel pretty.
Well Gonzo he comes here so he can see what a winning programs feels like..........

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Again we are trying to manufacture a rivalry. You don't come along and say " hey you get over here and be my rival" You can't manufacture a rivalry as they develop over time for one reason or another. Geography is only one element to a rivalry.

Nugget49

Unread post by Nugget49 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am
Now that's it's not the crack of dawn and that midterm is behind me (nailed it!) I feel like I should say something nice and float some thoughts about UNC-c since I reawakened this thread.

I float over to their board every now and then because I like to see other fan bases perspective of what is going on in the world of Sports. Their fan base is impressive to me because of what a small group of them accomplished. They took on an entire Arhletic Deparment and won. They have a football program and a good stadium which is more than ODU or GSU could say for a while. It's impressive when you consider the money and general support that took. Alumni can't win games but they can accomplish a lot when they want. Now had they stayed FCS for a while they might look more like Coastal or ODU where there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel but they decided to climb the cliff and see if they could make it. GSU and The 9ers have proven its a hell of a cliff.

As much as I want to look down on them from up here in Boone they bring a lot to the table when to comes to a rivalry and we bring a lot to them. App and Uncc are perfect rivals. Drivable games for both fan bases and a fundamental difference in the culture of the schools. A research institution in the states largest city vs an undergrad majority school in a tourism driven mountain town. The city school vs the hippy school. The light rail vs the profile trail if you must.

The UNC-cheat/ duke rivalry is as much about school culture as it is about being good at basketball. The nations first state funded school where most of the students are North Carolinians and the private school where most of the students are out of state Yankees. Put them 8 miles apart and it's bound to be a rivalry.

If realignment comes, as I pray it does, The 9ers would be a sold conference mate IMO.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

According to this only 2 million separates our athletic depts revenue and the teams playing each other would keep money in the state. They would also be a better travel partner for longer games than coastal. (The school 6 hours away on the coast). It would be a popular and heated game and fill both stadiums every year.

So to any 9er fans that read this, have fun with that one win because I still remember all the crap y'all posted before your team had even played a down. You earned your crow but I want to see the 2 schools play every year.
Now to this post. You make some good points, and I do think our rivalry will grow organically. It is up to Charlotte to make it a fairly even contest because that makes it better, but it is not going to happen right away. Lambert was the right coach to start our program, but does not appear to be the right coach to lead us now. It's unfortunate because he is a good guy, but the consensus is that it is time for him to go. It looks like we are starting over.

I haven't been here in a while, but I reread this thread and would invite you guys to visit the Charlotte campus when you can. Maybe it will be at the game next year, or maybe you are just passing through town, but the picture painted here is not what you will see.

When I was in school 35 years ago we were a commuter school, but today we have more people living on campus than App does, and a higher percentage of students that live within three miles of campus. App has that walkable, small town charm of Boone, and Charlotte has the entertainment and employment opportunities that come with a big city. Take your pick--I like both.

We did move up to FBS too fast. Our plan was to play FCS for around 10 years, but the realignment tornado started and the NCAA was suggesting that they might put a freeze on moves to FBS for 10 years to stabilize things. With that kind of talk and two FBS offers in hand we took control of our own destiny and made the leap. BTK said it well--it was a tall cliff. We are paying the price now, but in only our fifth year it is probably about what one should expect.

If App can build rivalries with Wake, ECU, or anyone else in state have at it. We have home and homes coming up with Duke, Carolina, and you so we are looking for the same thing. Your ability, and Charlotte's, to schedule those schools will not preclude us from playing each other. The more the better.

Finally, I will be able to muster up some good hatred when the time comes, but right now I see App as more of a model than a rival. You have football figured out. I won't give you credit for anything else, but it is our goal to make Football Saturdays the kind of event that they are there. And for one Saturday next season, maybe it will be.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:00 pm

My thing with the potential in state rivalries is that I really can't name any non conference rivalries that aren't inflated by the media. If ecu can't get unc or state to consider them a rivals, app and charlotte frankly don't stand a chance. One game a decade does not a rivalry make. ECU is in the American. They will survive no matter what. Getting the observer or Journal to put someone other than an ACC school on the front page of the sports section (in any sport) won't be accomplished by playing schools in Texas, Louisiana or Arkansas IMO

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:17 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm
When I was in school 35 years ago we were a commuter school, but today we have more people living on campus than App does, and a higher percentage of students that live within three miles of campus.
I live less then 5 minutes from campus... I can only think of one thing with this part of the post...

I can see the living within three miles of campus because, well, there isn't that much in Boone within that range of campus. But, to say UNC Concord isn't a commuter school any more is hilarious. It is the epitome of a commuter school.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Nugget49

Unread post by Nugget49 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am

Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am

Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Nugget49 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm
You have football figured out. I won't give you credit for anything else...
Hey hey hey...we have a damn fine wrestling program.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”