Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCC football dumpster fire

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:46 pm
appvette wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 pm
AppStateMtneer wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 pm
I was concerned about tickets for this next year.. maybe I shouldn't be... :D

Tickets will most assuredly be hard to find:

4. We will be their Michigan game
I sure hope not!
He meant the second one.
My bad.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:51 pm
appvette wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateMtneer wrote:

I sure hope not!

I didn't mean we would lose, just that this is their first chance to make history. Don't know why we are even considering playing there even if it's 2 for 1 or 10 for one. We have nothing to gain and they have nothing to lose (except getting their buttskis kicked).
-Drivable road game for fans and team (which our conference doesn't provide).
-Local game for our biggest concentration of alumni.
-Key recruiting area.
-Increased in-state media coverage.

As for them having nothing to lose, they've been FBS just one year fewer than we have, and they're in a supposedly better conference. If they can't compete with us, that's on them.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 pm

In the effed up world that is college football, whouda thunk the niners would have FBS wins over So Miss and Marshall on their resume? Sure, they caught them both at the right time, and they have nothing else as a claim to fame, but it still just ain't right. I suppose there's nothing right about niner football...and that's their deal.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am

NewApp wrote:
appvette wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateMtneer wrote:

I sure hope not!

I didn't mean we would lose, just that this is their first chance to make history. Don't know why we are even considering playing there even if it's 2 for 1 or 10 for one. We have nothing to gain and they have nothing to lose (except getting their buttskis kicked).
Officially they are on our level and recruiting. We can't let them take the Charlotte area for their own.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:23 am

We have a lot to gain by playing UNC-Concord. Charlotte & surrounding area is a "hotbed" for recruiting; we also go "head-to-head" against them for recruits; Charlotte has a large media outlet/market and this will help with our exposure; it's a G5 game that is travel-able for our fan base!!! I will be there and proudly supporting my APPS!!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 am

NewApp wrote:
appvette wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateMtneer wrote:

I sure hope not!

We get what should be an easier W over an FBS opponent and we play in a city that has a ton of our alumni that will be an easy game to get to. Also, we get a cheap (meaning less costly) away game that offsets some of the travel costs to TX, LA, etc. Too bad they're not better, but I like it as an in-state regional game. They will probably get better over time and probably will even be better next year as they get more recruiting cycles under their belt. Also, and I don't hold this against UNCC, but I want to beat them soundly because of the snub by CUSA choosing them over us when we were looking for a move-up conference.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 am

That CUSA "Big Market" strategy attracted 11,000 lethargic fans from a major metropolitan area, while little, inaccessible App State packed 35K in an electric atmosphere.
Judy, Judy, Judy...

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:49 am

Previous quote:
"As for them having nothing to lose, they've been FBS just one year fewer than we have, and they're in a supposedly better conference. If they can't compete with us, that's on them."
[/quote]

That's true but in all fairness to them, our FCS history plays a huge part of our current success. It made no sense to me that in today's world of constant, easily available streaming content, and a gazzillion TV channels carrying sports, that CUSA picked UNCC because of the Charlotte media market that's already focused on the Panthers and a bunch of other in-state schools. Maybe in 15 years it'll make sense but I doubt it.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:58 am

The last thing we need to be doing is taking shots at UNCC.....It's a mess and thank God GaSt beat them.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 am

Does beating UNCC count towards bowl eligibility?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:04 am

The most we have to gain by playing at UNCC, is that we get to show them in person how much better we are than them.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 am
/
You're joking, right? Sometimes it's hard to tell.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 am

NewApp wrote:
Don't know why we are even considering playing there even if it's 2 for 1 or 10 for one. We have nothing to gain and they have nothing to lose (except getting their buttskis kicked).
Let's not act like Pirates, Deacons or Cryolina fans. App isn't garnering a 2 for 1 from anyone in FBS. We gain plenty with this series by playing in a heavily populated alumni area, an area our coaches recruit from and the biggest gain is the possibility of scoring 1 in the win column. App's mantra, like many other programs, should be anyone, anytime and anywhere.

Their fans already make enough excuses about being a young program and not having a chance to build a fan base (in FCS) so they have built in excuses if they lay an egg against App. It was their choice to make the jump so fast. Both programs entered FBS at roughly the same time so both pretty much have the same exact history with regards to time at the FBS level. Both teams should have a full roster of FBS recruits by the time this game is played. No more excuses!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 am

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 am
/
You're joking, right? Sometimes it's hard to tell.
yes, just taking some shots

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am

moonshine wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 am
NewApp wrote:
Don't know why we are even considering playing there even if it's 2 for 1 or 10 for one. We have nothing to gain and they have nothing to lose (except getting their buttskis kicked).
Let's not act like Pirates, Deacons or Cryolina fans. App isn't garnering a 2 for 1 from anyone in FBS. We gain plenty with this series by playing in a heavily populated alumni area, an area our coaches recruit from and the biggest gain is the possibility of scoring 1 in the win column. App's mantra, like many other programs, should be anyone, anytime and anywhere.

Their fans already make enough excuses about being a young program and not having a chance to build a fan base (in FCS) so they have built in excuses if they lay an egg against App. It was their choice to make the jump so fast. Both programs entered FBS at roughly the same time so both pretty much have the same exact history with regards to time at the FBS level. Both teams should have a full roster of FBS recruits by the time this game is played. No more excuses!
This! We've yet to take the field against them, so let's wait and see the outcome before we act like the arrogant fans from other in-state programs.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:49 am
Previous quote:
"As for them having nothing to lose, they've been FBS just one year fewer than we have, and they're in a supposedly better conference. If they can't compete with us, that's on them."
That's true but in all fairness to them, our FCS history plays a huge part of our current success. It made no sense to me that in today's world of constant, easily available streaming content, and a gazzillion TV channels carrying sports, that CUSA picked UNCC because of the Charlotte media market that's already focused on the Panthers and a bunch of other in-state schools. Maybe in 15 years it'll make sense but I doubt it.
[/quote]

Agree with all of that, just saying that their newness is no excuse. ODU is just a little older as a startup, and look how well they've done at both the FCS and FBS levels. (Not as good as us, obviously, but still pretty successful.)

Besides, nobody forced UNCC to move up so fast. They could have built up deliberately, but they chose the fast track. Now they're our peer in theory; let's see if we're peers in reality.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 am

The TV market model is terrible and I don't understand why any conference seems to continue using it. That being said, Charlotte was a charter member of CUSA and was pushed out because they didn't have football. Their "re-invitation" was as much related to that history as to any other factor. It's hard for me to hold that against them. I just think they got ahead of themselves and it will be a tough road.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 am

Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.

We have a lot to gain from this game:
A win...against a local rival...against whom we compete for recruits...from a peer conference. It's an opportunity to show CUSA they messed up. Just as Wake had plenty to gain in playing us.

Show every opponent the respect they deserve.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 am
Rick83 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:49 am
Previous quote:
Agree with all of that, just saying that their newness is no excuse. ODU is just a little older as a startup, and look how well they've done at both the FCS and FBS levels. (Not as good as us, obviously, but still pretty successful.)

Besides, nobody forced UNCC to move up so fast. They could have built up deliberately, but they chose the fast track. Now they're our peer in theory; let's see if we're peers in reality.
[/quote]
Yep, I totally agree that UNCC should have gone the FCS route first and slowly built up their program and support. Patience is a virtue and UNCC is not the only one needing some patience...

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 pm

I've seen us lose to Liberty and A&T at home.
I've also seen us lose to Wofford three weeks after beating Michigan.

Point is, it's football and anything can happen. I'm all for being proud of our team and being confident that we can do what we need to do, but some of ya'll sound A LOT like the UNC and ECU folks. Too high and mighty. I do think UNCC probably moved up too early, but that's not the fault of their fans. And while they've got plenty of loud mouths...so do we.

Personally, I want them to be good because it'll force us to be even better. The Belt sucks this year and I fear that may continue. If so, we may slowly let off the gas in our program due to lack of strong, constant competition. Having someone in our backyard like UNCC breathing down our neck only forces us to be better.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”