UNCC football dumpster fire

Goapps15
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 491 times
Been thanked: 253 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:30 am

Fortunately football is how almost everybody makes money. Basketball only makes money for a select few. Baseball even fewer.



MountaineerKidd
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm
You have football figured out. I won't give you credit for anything else...
Hey hey hey...we have a damn fine wrestling program.
and just a few years ago Coach Pollard had our baseball program in back to back NCAA tourneys and a win away from a super regional.



User avatar
Nugget49
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm
School: Charlotte
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Nugget49 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.



User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
Typical troll move. Resorts to pointing out gramatical errors when proven wrong.



User avatar
JGthatsme86
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Why in God's name would anyone on this board give a single, large crap about UNCC until we play them next year?



User avatar
Nugget49
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm
School: Charlotte
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Nugget49 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:34 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
Typical troll move. Resorts to pointing out gramatical errors when proven wrong.
Today's word should be irony, because you spelling grammatical wrong is just the best. Thanks. :roll:



User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:34 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
Typical troll move. Resorts to pointing out gramatical errors when proven wrong.
Today's word should be irony, because you spelling grammatical wrong is just the best. Thanks. :roll:
Case in point. Apologies I am on a phone not paying attention to spelling. I'm busy managing my 49er graduates. Trying to get them to learn common sense. They don't understand that everyone isn't from within 5 miles of the business.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.



User avatar
MAD Doctor
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
I wouldn't attempt to lecture you, as one can't teach stupid. Empathy refers to you and your fellow forty-whiners being able to commiserate in the embarrassment and humiliation of attending a commuter school with a football team that only makes the local sports page when it's quarterback rapes someone. When you say apathy, you must mean pathetic, which actually works too. But it's nice to see you get your swag back after avoiding a winless season, even if it was against a school that didn't have a team last year. Don't stay up late trolling our board tonight. You need to pack your laundry hamper and gas up, because tomorrow is Friday, and you'll want to get the jump on everyone leaving campus.



User avatar
Nugget49
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm
School: Charlotte
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Nugget49 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:34 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am



"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
Typical troll move. Resorts to pointing out gramatical errors when proven wrong.
Today's word should be irony, because you spelling grammatical wrong is just the best. Thanks. :roll:
Case in point. Apologies I am on a phone not paying attention to spelling. I'm busy manaing my 49er graduates. Trying to get them to learn common sense. They don't understand that everyone isn't from with 5 miles of the business.
Just tell me you are not a teacher.



NoLongerLurking
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:02 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 am
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of the word commuter.

"Commuter" is a compliment you should embrace. It implies that there is an excuse for the empathy. Otherwise, you are just a traditional college that your own students, alumni, community, and local media couldn't care less about. However, if you prefer "suitcase college" that's fine.
Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
I wouldn't attempt to lecture you, as one can't teach stupid. Empathy refers to you and your fellow forty-whiners being able to commiserate in the embarrassment and humiliation of attending a commuter school with a football team that only makes the local sports page when it's quarterback rapes someone. When you say apathy, you must mean pathetic, which actually works too. But it's nice to see you get your swag back after avoiding a winless season, even if it was against a school that didn't have a team last year. Don't stay up late trolling our board tonight. You need to pack your laundry hamper and gas up, because tomorrow is Friday, and you'll want to get the jump on everyone leaving campus.
:lol:



User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:34 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm
Nugget49 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Empathy? Do you mean apathy? You probably shouldn't lecture me on semantics without an adult around to help. Otherwise, bazinga!, you really got me.
Typical troll move. Resorts to pointing out gramatical errors when proven wrong.
Today's word should be irony, because you spelling grammatical wrong is just the best. Thanks. :roll:
Case in point. Apologies I am on a phone not paying attention to spelling. I'm busy manaing my 49er graduates. Trying to get them to learn common sense. They don't understand that everyone isn't from with 5 miles of the business.
Just tell me you are not a teacher.
Definitely not in teaching. In fact, I manage a few engineers from UNCC. I don't even have an engineering degree. Yet, they've been in the field longer than I have, but report to me. And that's supposed to be a top degree for UNC Concord.. hmmm



EastHallApp
Posts: 4633
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 1646 times
Been thanked: 1358 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

This thread is worth every penny of my Yosef's Cabin subscription fee.



BTK2000
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:46 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm
This thread is worth every penny of my Yosef's Cabin subscription fee.
Yo, not gonna lie, I messed up petty bad by reawakening this thread. My bad y'all.

But, Would everyone on this board and ninernation not buy tickets to watch Charlotte and App go head to head in every sport? Every year? This thread if more heated than anything the Cullowhee kittens ever brought to the table and they were part of the "best rivalry you never heard of".



Saint3333
Posts: 9590
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 1092 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:00 am

I’d go watch a basketball and baseball game due to proximity, but then I’d do the same if we played Davidson and Winthrop as well. Easy trips for me.



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4017
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 833 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:59 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm
Empathy refers to you and your fellow forty-whiners being able to commiserate in the embarrassment and humiliation of attending a commuter school with a football team that only makes the local sports page when it's quarterback rapes someone.
Image


NewApp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 am
Now for the ones who think I have a negative miserable life....beat that!

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 1035 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:46 am

Die thread.....Just die.



User avatar
manonabuffalo
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:39 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 am

There is not a better fanbase for this to happen to IMO. I hope Judy stays with them and plays the woman card like she currently does until they have to pry her dead carcass out of the AD chair.

I don’t know any UNCC fans, but some of the alumni who I do know (they insisted they aren’t fans of the athletic teams) all say they had no idea what the schools football team was up to, but know they haven’t had a winning season yet. From what I can tell UNCC has about 100 actual fans who know all the inner workings of the program, post religiously on Niner Nation, go to all the abysmal losses, and await for the grandeur from being close to the city of Charlotte will undeniably bring them. These are also the type of people you would see at a hardware store or Walmart when you just need to pick up a few things and you casually say hello to them (being nice). They then start up a in depth conversation about their daily life and family issues, meanwhile you mentally thrash yourself for not ignoring them because you can’t just awkwardly walk away. Then you just awkwardly walk away.....

This thread should/will continue. If they didn’t approach starting a football team and moving to FBS with such a smug and antagonistic attitude we wouldn’t care.



User avatar
VNova
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by VNova » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:42 pm

UNCC is a joke of a program and team; there isn't anything else that needs to be said on the topic. Maybe they'll be bowl eligible in 10 years. We'll see.



User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Country
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by moonshine » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:26 pm

App just lost to UMASS.

Close thread!


Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

bcoach
Posts: 3124
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:49 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 627 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: UNCC football dumpster fire

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Time to stop talking about other programs.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online