Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

3 and OUT

JCline0429

Re: 3 and OUT

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm

unknown wrote:
ebapps1 wrote:Well, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have gone out AT HOME! I think that this is our biggest argument for NOT moving up to FBS. I know that we got spoiled for 3 years w/ the NC's, but come on guys, we don't even have the home field advantage that we used to have for FCS level football. I love my Alma Mater and I wish the best for the program moving ahead, but we've got to be realisitic about this. Did anybody watch the MAC game last night? EXACTLY! Neither did anyone else. There were about 500 people there. The point of this rambling is that if we can't take care of business where we are, we don't need to go anywhere. GSU and Woofie extended their seasons, we are done. Not trying to be Negative Nellie, just Realistic Ralph.
app football needs a new leader. been missing for a few years

How many years?
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Appersrule wrote:We are not going to be Boise State. They are the only FBS school in the State or anywhere close to Boise. Boise as a city is 4 times the size of Boone. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.
Those of you who are so certain we are not going to be Boise State, how it it you are so damn certain that we are going to be Marshall? You may be against the move, that's your right to voice your opinion. I don't argue that. But for the love of all that is holy, please try to come up with a better argument than the TIRED old Marshall thing. Marshall actually did pretty darn good their first few years in FBS. Any number of factors contribute to their current state.

To Heck with Marshall, how about the bottom half to middle of the Sun Belt? Heck, they can't even draw 20,000 fans to a home game.

Marshall is pointed out so often because they used to be a proud rival and we wanted to move up with them when they did. Our programs were very close in statue. Now, which had you rather be, Marshall or us?
a.k.a JC0429

AppinATL
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:37 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
AppinATL wrote:
Appersrule wrote:We are not going to be Boise State. They are the only FBS school in the State or anywhere close to Boise. Boise as a city is 4 times the size of Boone. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.
Those of you who are so certain we are not going to be Boise State, how it it you are so damn certain that we are going to be Marshall? You may be against the move, that's your right to voice your opinion. I don't argue that. But for the love of all that is holy, please try to come up with a better argument than the TIRED old Marshall thing. Marshall actually did pretty darn good their first few years in FBS. Any number of factors contribute to their current state.

To Heck with Marshall, how about the bottom half to middle of the Sun Belt? Heck, they can't even draw 20,000 fans to a home game.

Marshall is pointed out so often because they used to be a proud rival and we wanted to move up with them when they did. Our programs were very close in statue. Now, which had you rather be, Marshall or us?
Did you ever take Logic in college? How does it follow that Marshall sucks right now so therefore we will suck, too? What makes you think our fan base will disappear all of a sudden if we move up? ECU has had a pretty good fan base since the early 70's at least and they are within an easy drive of UNC, Duke and State. We've developed a pretty good fan base and I don't see it dissolving away. It's not like we are playing any great name programs now. Wofford, Samford, Western, Furman, Elon?

Your logic would send Spock into fits.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 pm

[/quote]Marshall is pointed out so often because they used to be a proud rival and we wanted to move up with them when they did. Our programs were very close in statue. Now, which had you rather be, Marshall or us?[/quote]

Hell, I never want to be Marshall - no matter the circumstance! I don't like turds and don't want to be one!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Marshall is pointed out so often because they used to be a proud rival and we wanted to move up with them when they did. Our programs were very close in statue. Now, which had you rather be, Marshall or us?[/quote]

Hell, I never want to be Marshall - no matter the circumstance! I don't like turds and don't want to be one![/quote]

:mrgreen:
But a lot of fans on here wanted us to be like them when they made the initial transition.
a.k.a JC0429

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:59 pm

So, should we drop down to DII the first or second year we don't make the playoffs?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”