Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

3 and OUT

ebapps1
School: Appalachian State

3 and OUT

Unread post by ebapps1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have gone out AT HOME! I think that this is our biggest argument for NOT moving up to FBS. I know that we got spoiled for 3 years w/ the NC's, but come on guys, we don't even have the home field advantage that we used to have for FCS level football. I love my Alma Mater and I wish the best for the program moving ahead, but we've got to be realisitic about this. Did anybody watch the MAC game last night? EXACTLY! Neither did anyone else. There were about 500 people there. The point of this rambling is that if we can't take care of business where we are, we don't need to go anywhere. GSU and Woofie extended their seasons, we are done. Not trying to be Negative Nellie, just Realistic Ralph.

AppStateNation

Re: 3 and OUT

Unread post by AppStateNation » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I see your point, but none of the recent FCS to FBS schools won national championships right before they left. See: WKU, TX State, UTSA, Georgia State, Old Dominion, UNCC etc

Hell some didn't even have teams, much less success.

ebapps1

Unread post by ebapps1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm

And do you ever see/hear anything about them?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Losing playoff games at home is our biggest reason for not going up? A couple of years ago, winning playoff games at home was the best reason for not going up. You stay heres need to get your stories straight. :?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ebapps1

Unread post by ebapps1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

AppinVA wrote:Losing playoff games at home is our biggest reason for not going up? A couple of years ago, winning playoff games at home was the best reason for not going up. You stay heres need to get your stories straight. :?
I've always been against moving up, there's just no future in it. See Marsall, et. al. :o

AppStateNation

Unread post by AppStateNation » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Boise State was FCS as recently as 2000.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

We are not going to be Boise State. They are the only FBS school in the State or anywhere close to Boise. Boise as a city is 4 times the size of Boone. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm sure you have, and it is a safe bet you used the winning argument for the same viewpoint. Can you honestly use opposite means to reach the same end?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Appersrule wrote:We are not going to be Boise State. They are the only FBS school in the State or anywhere close to Boise. Boise as a city is 4 times the size of Boone. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.
I hope not. I tend to think we are best at being the first Appalachian State.

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 pm

"Did anybody watch the MAC game last night? EXACTLY! Neither did anyone else. There were about 500 people there. "

Your estimate is not even close. Stick with facts please. Yes I did watch it sounds like you did too.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

AppStateNation

Unread post by AppStateNation » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Not saying we're gonna be Boise State, but the idea that no FCS team has moved up and done anything is incorrect.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm

ebapps1 wrote:Well, this is the 3rd year in a row that we have gone out AT HOME! I think that this is our biggest argument for NOT moving up to FBS. I know that we got spoiled for 3 years w/ the NC's, but come on guys, we don't even have the home field advantage that we used to have for FCS level football. I love my Alma Mater and I wish the best for the program moving ahead, but we've got to be realisitic about this. Did anybody watch the MAC game last night? EXACTLY! Neither did anyone else. There were about 500 people there. The point of this rambling is that if we can't take care of business where we are, we don't need to go anywhere. GSU and Woofie extended their seasons, we are done. Not trying to be Negative Nellie, just Realistic Ralph.
app football needs a new leader. been missing for a few years

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Its time to move up, regardless of how we have performed in the playoffs the last 3 years. The FCS is a broken model, not even sure it will be around in 10 yrs. Hopefully, we will hear from the MAC or the SBC very soon, and we can move forward.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 pm

move up or get left behind

moving up

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Move up and we wouldn't even have to worry about the postseason this year. We wouldnt have come close to making a bowl so we could have cut our losses 2 weeks ago.

ebapps1

Unread post by ebapps1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Dmanuhone wrote:"Did anybody watch the MAC game last night? EXACTLY! Neither did anyone else. There were about 500 people there. "

Your estimate is not even close. Stick with facts please. Yes I did watch it sounds like you did too.
Yeah, I watched for about 5 seconds, then started watching the PAC 12 game which was actually a watchable game. :shock:

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Appersrule wrote:We are not going to be Boise State. They are the only FBS school in the State or anywhere close to Boise. Boise as a city is 4 times the size of Boone. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.
Those of you who are so certain we are not going to be Boise State, how it it you are so damn certain that we are going to be Marshall? You may be against the move, that's your right to voice your opinion. I don't argue that. But for the love of all that is holy, please try to come up with a better argument than the TIRED old Marshall thing. Marshall actually did pretty darn good their first few years in FBS. Any number of factors contribute to their current state.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I never mentioned Marshall. You cannot compare us to Marshall either. They fit in the footprint of the MAC and again they are 1 of 2 schools in West Virginia. We would be one of 7 FBS football teams in NC.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Appersrule wrote:I never mentioned Marshall. You cannot compare us to Marshall either. They fit in the footprint of the MAC and again they are 1 of 2 schools in West Virginia. We would be one of 7 FBS football teams in NC.
What's your point? Presently, we're one of seven FCS schools in NC. Next year, we'll be one of eight.

bigapp

Unread post by bigapp » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Forget Boise. If Southern Mississippi and Northern Illinois can thrive at the FBS level, there's NO doubt we can have success too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”