Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Attendance

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Attendance

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Dmanuhone wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:25 am
I am curious which schools allow re-entry.
Clemson allows it.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm

HappyAppy98 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am
So I think we figured it out:
1.) We need beer
2.) Daycare or don't have kids
3.) Don't get married on Saturdays or stay single
4.) Bring back re-entry
5.) Eric Church/Combs will play after every home game

Seems easy to me... :lol:
First, I agree with 1.) We need beer. Now I would like to expand on 2.)Daycare or don't have kids. First miracle is I have a son that was conceived after Mom and Dad were both "fixed." Second miracle is that he survived after being born at 23 weeks. He is now 6 and in the 1st grade. Won't go into issues here but so far he's only made one game due to logistics issues. I aim to fix that!! Thanks Daphne!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Move the band “BOD” to section 101-102 west side. Sell general admission tickets only to the north endzone bleachers, no students. Visitors get Section 208-209. If Visitors bring a band put them in north end zone bleachers with general admission ticket holders. Students get the Hill, no general admission on the Hill. Students also get Section 108-109, and Section 113-114 on east side. Let anyone who wants to go on the field after the game go from the end zones to the 35 yard line... Make sure the band gets to play after every game in the center of the field between the 35 yard lines after players and coaches finish their prayer. Everyone leaves after Tennessee Waltz.
Last edited by Appstate88 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm
Move the band to section 101-102 west side. Sell general admission tickets only to the north endzone bleachers, no students. Visitors get Section 208-209. If Visitors bring a band put them in north end zone bleachers with general admission ticket holders. Students get the Hill, no general admission on the Hill. Students also get Section 108-109, and Section 113-114 on east side. Let anyone who wants to go on the field after the game go from the end zones to the 35 yard line... Make sure the band gets to play after every game in the center of the field between the 35 yard lines after players and coaches finish their prayer. Everyone leaves after Tennessee Waltz.
I agree. Put the band back in the stands. They look like a high school band sitting in the end zone all huddled up.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:24 pm

They were moved partly because too many people on the West side said they couldn't hear the band.. Now they've moved so EVERYONE can hear them, there are complaints about that. You can't please everyone, I guess...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:29 pm

I have been attending APP home games on a regular basis for 20 years, some years all 9 games and Saturday was the first time I left at half - my OLD high school buddies met me in Boone again this year and unfortunately for us all of our teams played at 3:30 --- all 4 of us are from West Virginia and 2 of the guys have graduate degrees from WVU, the other's daughter got her undergrad and doctoral from Miami - so I told them I was open to leaving and going back to the rental and we could all watch the 2nd halves of our favorite team --- That being said...I could not believe how many people were leaving at half and it wasn't the HC crowd, the huge majority we saw were students - so much so that all the guys commented on it ---
+ as mentioned before, we weren't prepared to be fried on the State side ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:12 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:24 pm
They were moved partly because too many people on the West side said they couldn't hear the band.. Now they've moved so EVERYONE can hear them, there are complaints about that. You can't please everyone, I guess...
I heard them just as well when they were in the West Stands as I do down in the end zone.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:28 pm

BOD deserves to be on the west side. They at least stay til the end of the game.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 pm

ASU84 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm
HappyAppy98 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am
So I think we figured it out:
1.) We need beer
2.) Daycare or don't have kids
3.) Don't get married on Saturdays or stay single
4.) Bring back re-entry
5.) Eric Church/Combs will play after every home game

Seems easy to me... :lol:
First, I agree with 1.) We need beer.
Seconded. The Apptoberfest beer garden on Howard Street was a big success.
http://kbsbeergarden.com

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 pm

The answer is in the Michigan vs Michigan State game. The Big House was packed for a rival game. A deluge occurred. I mean a very heavy rain. The students and fans didn't budge: many without rain gear were visibly cold. The extreme weather only inspired the fans to yell louder. Michigan has been playing Michigan State for probably 100 years. That tradition runs deep. App State has a great winning tradition in football, but really no rivals, only a new conference. I hope some day we can have a conference of regional rivals that we can play for a long, long time.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Weddings occur frequently in September and October. Doubtful that this weekend had that many more than homecoming weekends in years past where capacity was met or well exceeded. Prior weekend commitments are nothing new.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 am

I met a young woman at the vet yesterday as I had an APP t-shirt on and she said she liked my shirt - she was a grad and she and her guy plus her parents were at a wedding in Asheville - said her dad was trying to check the score during the ceremony :>)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

App74

Unread post by App74 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 am
I met a young woman at the vet yesterday as I had an APP t-shirt on and she said she liked my shirt - she was a grad and she and her guy plus her parents were at a wedding in Asheville - said her dad was trying to check the score during the ceremony :>)
Sounds familiar! We were at our reception waiting for my daughter and new son-in-law to finish pictures. The DJ (an App grad) and I were following the game on our cell phones.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 am

There is an article in today’s Charleston paper about attendance woes at Clemson. Not only are people leaving in droves at halftime but they are having a hard time getting students to even attend games. This seems to be a problem in many places.

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 am

Also having every game on ESPN3 doesn't help. In the past the only way to watch the game was to be in attendance. Now its much easier to watch from your living room with a full fridge. I have season tickets and had all intentions of attending the game until new plans came up and it was easier to sell my tickets and stay at home.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

I thought those that stayed Saturday sounded great. I was surprised to hear the announced attendance and than more shocked to watch the game back on ESPN3 and see all the aluminum.

Saturday was my daughters' first App game, age 9,7, and 5. They cheered the entire game and didnt want to leave. I think we were the last people in the stadium other than players' families and the clean up crew, and we had to drag those girls out of there.

In the past, we had always left them at home figuring they would demand to leave at halftime, but I guess the wife and I were wrong. They turned out to be pretty hardcore.

AppScott89

Unread post by AppScott89 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am
I thought those that stayed Saturday sounded great. I was surprised to hear the announced attendance and than more shocked to watch the game back on ESPN3 and see all the aluminum.

Saturday was my daughters' first App game, age 9,7, and 5. They cheered the entire game and didnt want to leave. I think we were the last people in the stadium other than players' families and the clean up crew, and we had to drag those girls out of there.

In the past, we had always left them at home figuring they would demand to leave at halftime, but I guess the wife and I were wrong. They turned out to be pretty hardcore.
That's great to hear. My daughter has been attending since she was 7 years old. She always wants to go to away games also. Now she is a freshman at App. So keep bringing them and maybe we will have 3 new App students in the future.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 am

This problem is multifactorial , with most of the reasons mentioned in various posts. I like the idea of a 2:30 start. For those who drive from far distances that would help. Having kids is totally legit. THEY don't care what the score is or who's playing...when they get tired or hungry it's over. And there's no point in staying because you won't be able to watch the game trying to deal with them. I didn't have a good understanding of this until we had ours and tried to bring them. It's a long and tiring day for adults, much more for a toddler. I don't agree with traffic being a valid reason...average, everyday traffic with no event going on at all here in the Triangle is worse than game day traffic in Boone

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Another cool idea ... join Yosef for each of them at $25. They'll get their own little mailing each year from Yosef - sticker, license plate.

I'm saving the ones for our grandchildren to open with them when they're choosing colleges and talk about all App State and the App Family have meant in their lives.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”