Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Thank You Boone, NC and ASU Fans

ISUMatt

Thank You Boone, NC and ASU Fans

Unread post by ISUMatt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:17 am

As mentioned in another thread, us ISU fans return home with nothing but high praise for your fans, faculty, campus, facilities, hospitality, and generosity!!!

After we first arrived Saturday morning, we stopped at McDonalds for coffee. Several men came over to us and welcomed us to Boone, thanked us for making the trip, and talked football with us.

We stopped at ABC liquors where a student was more than happy to point us in a direction where we could purchase local beer and he also thanked us for making the trip.

Next we hit Peabody's where my car mates wanted to purchase some local brews. The gentlemen behind the counter spent at least 15 minutes showing them the many different beers, which ones he recommended, talked some football, and thanked us for coming. An ASU patron walked up to us and offered us his bag of ice to get the newly purchased beers cold.

We then ended up at an ISU tailgate at Hardee's that the players parents were hosting. There one of your faulty members in Student Services welcomed us, thanked us for making the trip, and wished us luck. Also almost every fan in ASU attire walked up to the group thanking us for visiting, wishing us luck, and asking if there was anything we needed.

After the game ended much of the same occurred, ASU fans sought us out on the concourse to congratulate us, wished us luck, and thanked us for visiting your stadium and campus. Now I know all of you were hurting the way the game ended but it says something that you all took the time out to shake our hands!!

Although I never made it to Chips tailgate, he offered his food and hospitality to us before we even made the trip down there. I feel bad for not getting over there but Saturday got crazy fast!!!

So yes, we will brag on you all to anyone on any message board about what great people you are, because you are!! You made the enemy feel welcome in foreign territory, and offered help and assistance at every turn and I personally THANK YOU. In the end this is how my trip went:

Left near Chicago Friday 6:00pm
Arrived in Boone Saturday 7:15am
Breakfast, see campus, tailgate 7:15am-1:00pm
Game at The Rock 1:00pm-5:30pm
Left Boone Saturday 5:45pm
Arrived home near Chicago Sunday 6:30am

1,650 miles round trip in 36 hours 30 minutes (and I drove all but 70 of those miles)

Dead tired this AM, no sleep in over 36 hours, 26 hours driving, but well worth the trip, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Appalachian State, Boone, North Carolina and every App St fan, student, faculty and alum, for making us feel at home!

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Thank You Boone, NC and ASU Fans

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you for taking the time to post that after that marathon excursion you just completed. I met several ISU fans postgame and wished them luck out West next weekend.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 am

What a trip!. Thanks for the kind words, wish you good luck the rest of the way.

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Matt. No problem! Glad you had good time. A couple of isu fans reading. The board showed. Good luck next week. We'll catch you next time.
Go APPS!

yosef03

Unread post by yosef03 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Good luck to you moving forward. ISU played a great game.

philponder

Unread post by philponder » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Best of luck in the playoffs, Matt. Your team played well and deserved to win that game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”