Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Letting Loose in the Palouse Thread

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Letting Loose in the Palouse Thread

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am

App91 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 pm
15 years huh? Wow, thats alot :shock: :roll: :lol:
:lol: That's still at the kiddie table. Funny thing is, from one who has provided a lot of info to this board over the years, those that have good sources and good info don't have to tell people they have good sources and info. ;)

appknowledgeispower

Unread post by appknowledgeispower » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am

AppinATL wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 pm
appknowledgeispower wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:54 pm
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 pm
The more I look at that blocking scheme...i wonder where Satt was when they were practicing it....And who send Critcher in there for his first kick in the endzone.................Special Teams Satt....pay attention
Ahhh another glorified collegiate coach...please stop before you look more foolish.

It's a Great Day to be A Mountaineer!!!!
And this from the poster who said they would not sit down when standing in front of someone and i believe "suck it up sissies?" The only thing foolish here is your ID. Pay your dues and then you can talk smack
Yes, I am not sitting down because a fan behind me wants me to when we are on defense...it is supposed to be loud and rowdy. Nothing foolish about my ID, I hardly ever come on here because of the level of stupidity that posts have gotten to. Trust me I have over 15 years of App State knowledge, and know way more information than is ever posted that is actually factual and not all the garbage spewed by fans or sources claiming to have inside sources. Thanks!
So help me understand the mentality behind this. Just because App is on defense you have a right to be an inconsiderate jerk to your fellow fans? You do realize you can be loud and rowdy while sitting down just the same as standing up, don't you. My seats are in 111 which I've noticed is one of the feww sections that stand up quite a bit. Its because it starts in the lower sections and if you actually want to see any of the game you have paid good money for and as in my case driving 11 hours round trip to get to, you have to stand up as well. I'm ok with that because I can see when I have to stand. My wife and other shorter people especially kids can't see even when they do stand. And there are some older fans that just can't stand for that amount of time. Do you ever think about any of them?
I used to read this board all the time, and the people on it sure have changed. Please go to successful P5 program games and you would look like the odd man out for not standing and making noise on 3rd down. I have done this since I was a student, and 7 years later I will continue to do so. It is not being an inconsiderate jerk. It isn't you have to stand, but rather you should stand when the bells chime and get up and be loud to help draw a false start or prevent offense from being focused on the play they are about to run. I have been to games at NC State, Clemson, LSU, etc. and people definitely don't whine when fellow fans supporting the same team stand up and make NOISE!

appknowledgeispower

Unread post by appknowledgeispower » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 am

firemoose wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am
App91 wrote:
:lol: That's still at the kiddie table. Funny thing is, from one who has provided a lot of info to this board over the years, those that have good sources and good info don't have to tell people they have good sources and info. ;)
It might be at the kidde table, as I am not a person over the age of 40. However, I can assure you, over 80% of the "info" people claim is true is skewed in one way or more that gets posted on this board.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 am
firemoose wrote:
App91 wrote:
It might be at the kidde table, as I am not a person over the age of 40. However, I can assure you, over 80% of the "info" people claim is true is skewed in one way or more that gets posted on this board.
I don't think moose is arguing that aspect. But let's be honest, there are a select few on this board that have inside information. Moose has more than probably everyone on this board.

Regardless, the point Moose was trying to make is those select few that do have information don't go around touting "ooooo I have the app knowledge!! Look at me!" like you did. When you say that, it makes it seem less likely you actually have any kind of information.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:42 am

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am
I used to read this board all the time, and the people on it sure have changed. Please go to successful P5 program games and you would look like the odd man out for not standing and making noise on 3rd down. I have done this since I was a student, and 7 years later I will continue to do so. It is not being an inconsiderate jerk. It isn't you have to stand, but rather you should stand when the bells chime and get up and be loud to help draw a false start or prevent offense from being focused on the play they are about to run. I have been to games at NC State, Clemson, LSU, etc. and people definitely don't whine when fellow fans supporting the same team stand up and make NOISE!
Hey AKP, I don't know where you sit/stand but like you, I enjoy standing pretty much the entire game regardless of whether App is on offense or defense. My tickets are on the east side so I purchased tickets on the very top row of the lower level and usually end up standing behind my seats in the concourse. Plus in inclement weather, the last row or 2 on the lower level have a covering to help keep you dry.

Since I prefer to stand, I decided to get tickets on the last row so as to not block other fans' views of the field or hear people behind me complain. So if you're tired of hearing the complaints from fellow App fans behind you, you may want to think about switching seats. We need more people at the top helping us make noise. Just food for thought!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 pm

firemoose wrote:
App91 wrote:
Yes, I was having a little joke at your expense but my point, as AppStNews alluded to, was a serious one. I don't know you and you don't need to assure me of anything. I know what is accurate and what isn't on here. Anyone who believes everything posted on an anon message board isn't too bright to begin with.

Most here, especially longer term members, know my background (family here since 1600's, 40+ family and counting attended App, born and raised in Boone, father retired App admin, mountain jug, blah, blah). I know things about Watauga/Boone/App that come from long before I was born and things that will never see the light of day. Does that make me powerful? No.

Actions speak louder than words always. Even your user name screams "look at me, I'm superior to you". Why? Even if you do have some access to inside info how does that make you powerful?

The most important thing about information is knowing when and how to use it or not. I'm not going to hit you with the old "with great knowledge comes great responsibility" line but it's actually true. If you do have access to information I hope you will keep in mind that this board, as with most message boards and sites, are open source and anyone in the world can see and read what you put down. And once things are out there you can't take them back. One must know if info can or can't be posted and more importantly, should or shouldn't be put out there. And one should keep in mind that sensitive info can always be traced, since usually only a limited few know it. If you go flinging info around that sources have told you it will catch up with you and then you have no more sources/info.

Credibility is earned. I've earned mine, along with some others on here. No need to point a neon arrow at myself. It's a lesson I hope you learn one day.

And just to finish with something good for the members...a couple of things will be coming out soon that will make a lot of people on here happy. Just have to stand by for a little while longer. ;)
Last edited by firemoose on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

firemoose wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 pm
And just to finish with something good for the members...a couple of things will be coming out soon that will make a lot of people on here happy. Just have to stand by for a little while longer. ;)
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm
firemoose wrote:
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!
I know what it is. There is a game on Saturday. :D

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
firemoose wrote:
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Need to put a SPOILER tag before breaking such big news. ;)

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
firemoose wrote:
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry. I wanted to be the first to break it.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:07 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
firemoose wrote:
TEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Wanted to apologize to everyone for such a long winded post. And I'm just one of those people that likes to wait until I open the gift to see what it is..... :lol:

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

firemoose wrote:
firemoose wrote:
App91 wrote:
Yes, I was having a little joke at your expense but my point, as AppStNews alluded to, was a serious one. I don't know you and you don't need to assure me of anything. I know what is accurate and what isn't on here. Anyone who believes everything posted on an anon message board isn't too bright to begin with.

Most here, especially longer term members, know my background (family here since 1600's, 40+ family and counting attended App, born and raised in Boone, father retired App admin, mountain jug, blah, blah). I know things about Watauga/Boone/App that come from long before I was born and things that will never see the light of day. Does that make me powerful? No.

Actions speak louder than words always. Even your user name screams "look at me, I'm superior to you". Why? Even if you do have some access to inside info how does that make you powerful?

The most important thing about information is knowing when and how to use it or not. I'm not going to hit you with the old "with great knowledge comes great responsibility" line but it's actually true. If you do have access to information I hope you will keep in mind that this board, as with most message boards and sites, are open source and anyone in the world can see and read what you put down. And once things are out there you can't take them back. One must know if info can or can't be posted and more importantly, should or shouldn't be put out there. And one should keep in mind that sensitive info can always be traced, since usually only a limited few know it. If you go flinging info around that sources have told you it will catch up with you and then you have no more sources/info.

Credibility is earned. I've earned mine, along with some others on here. No need to point a neon arrow at myself. It's a lesson I hope you learn one day.

Well said

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am
firemoose wrote:
App91 wrote:
I don't think moose is arguing that aspect. But let's be honest, there are a select few on this board that have inside information. Moose has more than probably everyone on this board.

Regardless, the point Moose was trying to make is those select few that do have information don't go around touting "ooooo I have the app knowledge!! Look at me!" like you did. When you say that, it makes it seem less likely you actually have any kind of information.
and when you REALLY have the inside thread you usually keep it to yourself and those that have it know why.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Thunder sticks are back!!!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:45 pm

ICE?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”