Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Challenge for next week

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Challenge for next week

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:03 am

NewApp wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:26 am
My challenge to the team the two next weeks is get up 21-0 and pull Lamb and RBs early to limit hits and heal up. Those guys are clearly not 100% and need some rest.
I dunno. We came back from a 20-0 half time deficit to win vs Ida Who. Somebody could do the same to us.
I suppose, but not likely with the Legion of Boone.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:32 pm
Longrifle28 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:18 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am
The “have us circled on the calendar” cliche cracks me up. My general response to that is- so what? So a team looks at the schedule in the summer and says- “man we play App on October 21 and that’s our 7th game”! “We really need to try extra harder that game”. Dumb football speak IMHO. Lol

I would love to see a few extra wrinkles. Like maybe a jet sweep or two. I know that someone noted once that we either don’t have a guy to run it or we screwed it up but I can’t imagine CCU having the lateral speed personnel to catch us. Would also love to incorporate our tight ends a bit more.
We've run them the last two games with two different players and both got snuffed out for losses or no gain.
Running a play two times in two games doesn't seem all that frequent, does it? It's not like if the stretch zone gets stuffed for a loss one time we say "Well, better put that one on the shelf for today, better luck next week."

Seemed like we ran that jet sweep to Hopkins a few times per game last year, at least some games.
I didn't say two times. But I was responding to the above poster saying "like maybe a jet sweep or two". I think after the Wake game other teams may be looking for it. I'm sure we will run it when Satt thinks the time is right, but its not like we haven't been trying to use it.
OK, I read "and both got stuffed for losses" as meaning that we tried it twice. I don't recall the specific plays and don't know how often we tried it, so I'll take your word for it.

I don't think running more jet sweeps is a silver bullet for our offense or anything, but it does seem like we haven't used that play as much as we did last year, for whatever reason.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am
Longrifle28 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:32 pm
Longrifle28 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:18 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am
The “have us circled on the calendar” cliche cracks me up. My general response to that is- so what? So a team looks at the schedule in the summer and says- “man we play App on October 21 and that’s our 7th game”! “We really need to try extra harder that game”. Dumb football speak IMHO. Lol

I would love to see a few extra wrinkles. Like maybe a jet sweep or two. I know that someone noted once that we either don’t have a guy to run it or we screwed it up but I can’t imagine CCU having the lateral speed personnel to catch us. Would also love to incorporate our tight ends a bit more.
We've run them the last two games with two different players and both got snuffed out for losses or no gain.
Running a play two times in two games doesn't seem all that frequent, does it? It's not like if the stretch zone gets stuffed for a loss one time we say "Well, better put that one on the shelf for today, better luck next week."

Seemed like we ran that jet sweep to Hopkins a few times per game last year, at least some games.
I didn't say two times. But I was responding to the above poster saying "like maybe a jet sweep or two". I think after the Wake game other teams may be looking for it. I'm sure we will run it when Satt thinks the time is right, but its not like we haven't been trying to use it.
OK, I read "and both got stuffed for losses" as meaning that we tried it twice. I don't recall the specific plays and don't know how often we tried it, so I'll take your word for it.

I don't think running more jet sweeps is a silver bullet for our offense or anything, but it does seem like we haven't used that play as much as we did last year, for whatever reason.
We ran that a lot with Deltron Hopkins, who is no longer here. I bet we planned to use Evans with that play, but alas, we haven't seen him.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:37 pm

I would like to see a little more of the miss-direction play where the RB takes one step to his right and then cuts back left for the handoff. That has been a great play for both Cox and Moore in the past. I also would like to see more medium length up field throws, especially with the tight ends. I would especially like to see more touchdowns by the black and gold!! Hopefully the second half of last week was the turning point of the season with everything coming together on both sides of the ball.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”