Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Upshaw done for the season

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Re: Upshaw done for the season

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:20 am

Thank you Mr. Upshaw for sticking with it and giving your all for Appalachian State.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 am

Thank you Terrance for your loyalty and commitment to App. Wishing you much success for your future aspirations and goals. Go Apps!!

89gradX2

Unread post by 89gradX2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery Terrance and thanking you for everything you gave to the Mountaineer family. Will miss seeing you on the field for sure.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 am

I hate to see any young athlete get injured like this, especially a young man who has shown the character that Upshaw has shown during his time at App. He got himself in a bind (academics) but kept his chin up and did the work necessary to work his way back into good standing. He's been a significant contributor whenever he has been on the field and he will be missed. My best wishes and prayers are with him as he finishes his degree and begins the rest of his life!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am

Echo everything you guys have said. Really tough way to go out. Best of luck to this young man.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:29 am

Terrence, you have demonstrated the best of what we all hope Appalachian is all about. You have faced difficult and challenging times and have confronted them with honor and dignity. You played your heart out at all times when on the field. You make me proud. I know this is not how you wanted your App playing days to end but with the character you have demonstrated I am sure you will have a tremendous future in where ever you choose to take it. Godspeed on your physical recovery and I a sure you will be very successful in your career.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 am

Pardon me for "double dipping" here, but I just want to add an additional comment. In today's environment, the norm seems to be that talented young athletes who run into tough situations look for an easy alternative. Competition is tough and they aren't getting enough playing time, or academics are challenging. The easy answer is to transfer somewhere that won't push you....where the competition is less and you can be a star with less effort. I'm not judging these young men because each case is different and they are entitled to make their own decision. I just want to point out that T. Upshaw had both those situations and he chose the path or working THROUGH his issue. He worked as a member of the TEAM and played his role when Marcus Cox became the "star"...and then Moore. He has set an invaluable example and I hope he knows how much he is appreciated for that.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 am
Pardon me for "double dipping" here, but I just want to add an additional comment. In today's environment, the norm seems to be that talented young athletes who run into tough situations look for an easy alternative. Competition is tough and they aren't getting enough playing time, or academics are challenging. The easy answer is to transfer somewhere that won't push you....where the competition is less and you can be a star with less effort. I'm not judging these young men because each case is different and they are entitled to make their own decision. I just want to point out that T. Upshaw had both those situations and he chose the path or working THROUGH his issue. He worked as a member of the TEAM and played his role when Marcus Cox became the "star"...and then Moore. He has set an invaluable example and I hope he knows how much he is appreciated for that.
Also, I believe his degree is in building sciences which is not a cupcake at all. Good job batting back from that.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 am

This news really sucks, just no other way to say it. Hope he recovers fully and quickly and finishes his degree.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 am

Terrence Upshaw showed us what it means to be a mountaineer. He never quits. He pushes through adversity on and off the field. He will achieve much in the challenges of life. Just proud he decided to be an Appalachian State football player and will soon be an alum of our university. He gave his all to App State! Well done young man.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:28 pm

Its a shame on so many levels. He has been the better runner this year and he worked hard to get back. Not sure that Jailin can do this by himself from what I've seen this year.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 am
Terrence Upshaw showed us what it means to be a mountaineer. He never quits. He pushes through adversity on and off the field. He will achieve much in the challenges of life. Just proud he decided to be an Appalachian State football player and will soon be an alum of our university. He gave his all to App State! Well done young man.
This!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”