Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bunch of not very important questions-App Football related.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Bunch of not very important questions-App Football related.

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 am

So my seats were near the 50 on the front row of the west side. I saw a lot of things happening on the sideline that I normally do not get to see. Lots of not very important questions and a few observations.

On the way up 421 and then on the way down the mountain I pass a Yadkin County Ambulance service truck. I realize Watauga County can not provide all its ambulances to KBS but it seems a closer option could be had. I assume App State is paying for this service. Maybe the neighboring counties are so rural they just do not have EMS/Ambulance/Rescue Squad service to spare. Still jumped over Wilkes County.

One person on the sidelines had a red polo shirt own and one had a green polo shirt on. Labeled with App State logo so not just one of the 200 hangers-on on the sideline. The colors are for a reason I am sure to be seen easy but they must have some duty on the sidelines. What is their job?

Do ex-players get free admission to the field or only certain players? Marcus Cox and Kendall Lamm spent the entire game on the sidelines, mostly talking with Upshaw.

Is their a limit to how many folks can be on the sidelines? There was a ton of people on the sidelines. It was family day with lots of announcement but still lots of people. Having the track affords us space.

Band is going to London for New Years celebrations. And I want a cool cape like the Lord Mayor of London.

The fiddle player for the half-time show was very good. I took a 15-20 sec video of one of her solo parts. I don't generally record stuff like this as I want to enjoy the moment but I can upload and post a link if anyone is interested.

I have a few other questions that will go into a different folder. Also a bunch of not very important questions, but I feel compelled to ask.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

jm18668
School: Appalachian State

Re: Bunch of not very important questions-App Football related.

Unread post by jm18668 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 am

The two coaches with the red and green polos are signal callers. The different colors make them easy to spot on the sidelines in a sea of black and gold.
Brad Manning '99
Raleigh, NC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”