Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lot Opening Times for GS

Goapps15
School: Appalachian State

Re: Lot Opening Times for GS

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:48 am

Appftw wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:37 am
We have interesting demographics at Appalachian. We have militant hippies/free spirits and militant college football fans. The Chancellor is caught between a rock and a hard place. It's called compromise, folks.
Since she has been here, she has not compromised an ounce towards athletics. Hell you barely see the woman.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 am

Dr. Everts is no Peacock, I give you that, and I wish Peacock was still around to be honest, but to suggest she has no compromised an ounce is a bit much. Faculty/staff/students are being displaced from their normal routine early due to the football game. It may not be the compromise you want but it is a compromise.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 am

3rd wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 am
Oh yes I read it many times and sent it to a few "big" donors before I sent it and they agreed, (and are thinking of same thing) If my time, my family's time and my money gets craped on I will find somewhere else to spend it. Of all the complaining that has happened on this message board about the different things going on I have never once sent an email bc I just didn't care. Some people like the band playing some like the "piped in music" some people like the track others don't and so on and so forth. I gave for the betterment of a program I love and trusted the people in charge to make decisions and I will live with them no problem. This decision spits directly in my face and the faces of other young alums.
I really hate to say this but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Go spend your money on something else. You care more about your parking spot than the program.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:18 am

Appftw wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:30 am
I feel like we hate the Chancellor because her tenure followed the most beloved Chancellor in school history. The true culprit is ESPN for forcing us to play a Thursday game in front of 15,000 people. No one outside of hardcore college football nerds or alumni watch these broadcasts. Don't give me that "showcase game" malarkey.
Amen!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

3rd

Unread post by 3rd » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:17 am
3rd wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 am
Oh yes I read it many times and sent it to a few "big" donors before I sent it and they agreed, (and are thinking of same thing) If my time, my family's time and my money gets craped on I will find somewhere else to spend it. Of all the complaining that has happened on this message board about the different things going on I have never once sent an email bc I just didn't care. Some people like the band playing some like the "piped in music" some people like the track others don't and so on and so forth. I gave for the betterment of a program I love and trusted the people in charge to make decisions and I will live with them no problem. This decision spits directly in my face and the faces of other young alums.
I really hate to say this but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Go spend your money on something else. You care more about your parking spot than the program.
LOL.. feel free to think that

Appstate10

Unread post by Appstate10 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 pm

I park on University and am honestly not happy that the lot doesn't open until 5. My family typically brings 2 vehicles to games, one to Duncan and one on University because we are in the Young Alumni program. Luckily we are only bringing one car this time, but what if we were still bringing both? Both cars could just get there at 5, but by the time we haul our stuff to the other spot, it wouldn't be worth it to tailgate. Obviously this doesn't apply to many and it would just be us that have this inconvenience, but it would still be frustrating, especially not finding out until now.

However, this won't deter me from giving next year. Frustrating but certainly not enough for me to call it quits.

Edited to add that I got an email from athletics with all the YC info for the game on it. Didn't even think about Mountaineer Walk being at 4:15, so if you park in the 5:00 lots, you can't even participate in that!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm

We need to tell ESPN to shove it.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Appftw wrote:
We have interesting demographics at Appalachian. We have militant hippies/free spirits and militant college football fans. The Chancellor is caught between a rock and a hard place. It's called compromise, folks.
Maybe. But there are about 100 militant hippies. There are tens of thousands of militant football fans.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm
Appftw wrote:
Maybe. But there are about 100 militant hippies. There are tens of thousands of militant football fans.
Yeah I mean I've never seen one at a game, amirite??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”