Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wikipedia

JCline0429

Wikipedia

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Interesting that Wikipedia already had Jerry Moore listed as "the former head coach at Appalachian" LAST NIGHT (Sunday).
a.k.a JC0429

appthunder90
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wikipedia

Unread post by appthunder90 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 pm

they say you can edit inaccuracies into wikipedia and within seconds it has been corrected. theres something to be said about the "power of the people"

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:32 pm

JCline0429 wrote:Interesting that Wikipedia already had Jerry Moore listed as "the former head coach at Appalachian" LAST NIGHT (Sunday).
Actually the edit that changed the wording to former was added by an editor this morning (12/3) at 10:22 a.m. Take off the tinfoil guys, seriously. :?

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:47 pm

JCline0429 wrote:Interesting that Wikipedia already had Jerry Moore listed as "the former head coach at Appalachian" LAST NIGHT (Sunday).
It was announced last night, so what's the problem. Edits to wikis are normally instant, so it's not unlikely that someone changed it after hearing the news.

Jeeze people...stop trying to find stuff that isn't there.
Give 'em hell!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:49 pm

RankinApp wrote:
Actually the edit that changed the wording to former was added by an editor this morning (12/3) at 10:22 a.m. Take off the tinfoil guys, seriously. :?

Nope. My son texted me about the Wikipedia edit before 8:45 PM last night. Must be a diff time zone listed.
No tinfoil here.
a.k.a JC0429

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
It was announced last night, so what's the problem. Edits to wikis are normally instant, so it's not unlikely that someone changed it after hearing the news.

Not trying to find anything. I just thought it was interesting. Don't be paranoid.
a.k.a JC0429

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

The announcement was made Sunday afternoon. Are you simply stating how cool it is that it was updated by sunday night on wikipedia? It was on here before 5pm and on Wikipedia by 8pm I dont get the big deal. Hell I wouldnt be suprised if it was somone from this board that did the edit.
Last edited by ASUPATCH on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Not trying to find anything. I just thought it was interesting. Don't be paranoid.
I'm not being paranoid, and I'm not loading the board up with post after post of drivel, like you are.
Give 'em hell!

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm

BeauFoster wrote:

Say that all you want, but the "grassy knoll" crowd on here is going to make this mole hill into a mountain with King Charlie Lucifer Cobb atop JM's broken body. This is ridiculous people. If you read between the lines the other way (rationally, some might say), you'll see a man a few years past the age of retirement that is maybe too proud/apprehensive to retire, so he wants to keep doing what is familiar. He doesn't see himself as a liability, but after saying he doesn't want to go FBS, he doesn't agree with it, etc., he would be one if we moved up. The whole thing about keeping his son on board and not making some difficult decisions last spring didn't help either. Let it go people. Charlie might not have said it as eloquently as possible, but what he said was true, it's time to move on. Let's all think Jerry for everything he did for our university and let him enjoy retirement, or whatever new opportunity arises with ASU. Charlie's trying to move in a new direction with new/energetic leadership, he's not trying to mock JM, break his hip and burn down his house.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:56 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Can you stop this nonsense?

Oh nm, I just found out Jerry's driver's license expires in 4 days...you think Cobb is trying to force him off the road too?

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm

JCline0429 wrote:Nope. My son texted me about the Wikipedia edit before 8:45 PM last night. Must be a diff time zone listed.
No tinfoil here.
Then your son provided you with inaccurate information. Sorry. Even if the time is in GMT (a five hour difference) this edit was made at 5 in the morning today.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

StorminASU wrote:Say that all you want, but the "grassy knoll" crowd on here is going to make this mole hill into a mountain with King Charlie Lucifer Cobb atop JM's broken body.
Bravo, sir. Bravo. :lol:

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:00 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Btw, what was the point of posting this? You think that's Charlies big conspiracy; to plan to fire Jerry, but the night before anyone knows, log on to Wikipedia, add one word (former), and see if anyone notices??? You think he was sitting there, nipples so hard from the prospect that someone like you might unearth his dastardly scheme? Keep checking every ASU wikipedia page just to make sure they're not posting conference alignments, FBS movements, or tomorrow's lunch menu too early. Thanks for your vigilance.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 pm

We all knew 5pm yesterday and Wikipedia even by the earliest(Jcline) account was updated by 8pm . It took 3 hours to get it on wkipedia. Whats the big deal?

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

Nope. My son texted me about the Wikipedia edit before 8:45 PM last night. Must be a diff time zone listed.
No tinfoil here.

And I texted 4 fellow alums that he was retired/fired three hours before that.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 pm

RankinApp wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:Nope. My son texted me about the Wikipedia edit before 8:45 PM last night. Must be a diff time zone listed.
No tinfoil here.
Then your son provided you with inaccurate information. Sorry. Even if the time is in GMT (a five hour difference) this edit was made at 5 in the morning today.

So, you're saying my son read me the wrong information last night. He's not clairvoyant. He read me word for word.
a.k.a JC0429

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm

JCline0429 wrote: So, you're saying my son read me the wrong information last night. He's not clairvoyant. He read me word for word.
No, I'm going to go ahead and say that your son didn't read you anything at all last night. It's impossible to read an edit that wasn't made at the time.

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
No tinfoil here.

So, you're saying my son read me the wrong information last night. He's not clairvoyant. He read me word for word.
I still want to know why it matters 3hrs after it was readily available to view on Yosefscabin complete with links and sources? It it the novelty of it making it to Wiki with in a few hours that made this thread worthy?

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:13 pm

RankinApp wrote:
JCline0429 wrote: So, you're saying my son read me the wrong information last night. He's not clairvoyant. He read me word for word.
No, I'm going to go ahead and say that your son didn't read you anything at all last night. It's impossible to read an edit that wasn't made at the time.
Maybe Charlie Cobb is a witch and invaded his mind?

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I cannot believe this argument is actually taking place. Who the hell cares, and why the hell does it matter?

At least when people complained about JM it was usually for something he had something to do with. This is pathetic, using Wikipedia to drum up some nut job black helicopter BS against Charlie Cobb.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”